Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:31 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 2094 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Schools: XLRI (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V31
GPA: 3
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 7775 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
GMAT 2: 780  Q50  V50
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Send PM
Re: Desperately Need Your Advice [#permalink]
DmitryFarber wrote:
It looks like you need to spend more time getting comfortable with the material, so I'm glad you got our books. I'd recommend that you start with either the Algebra guide or the Fractions, Decimals, & Percents guide in math, and that you work through the SC guide a chapter or two at a time while studying other things.

Use the questions at the end of each chapter as a gauge of how well you have understood the material. Check your answer after each problem to maker sure that you understand and have the needed skills. Then go to the OG problem lists at the back of the guide and do a few OG problems in each area you've covered. Do these in timed sets, and review *before* you check your answers.

Hi!
Thanks for your reply. Dear i have already started studying with Manhattan Guides. And i think they are cool. I wanted to ask that whether 6th edition has been published?

And also, i want to practice more quants questions, so is there any Manhattan source available which could provide me more questions related to each math guide(other than CATS, i want to save them for later use)?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
If you want to practice more quant questions, you can also do that withour online question bank here: https://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... questions/
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi mulhinmjavid,

To answer your question about studying hours, ideally 10-17 study hours per week (in 8-12 weeks) is a good goal, but this can easily go up or down based on your availability and how soon your test is coming. Feel free to read our blog for tips on studying; we've covered it a number of times: https://econgm.at/GbgPhU.

Jessica

mulhinmjavid wrote:
Total Study Hours Spent: 240 (4 hours/day)

Books Used: Princeton Review (They were quite boring and only few practice questions were there, so i just went through only 60% of material)

Tuition: Princeton Review

Current Accuracy Level (OG-13) :
Quants-PS: 79%
Quants-DS 50%
Verbal-SC: 72%
Verbal-CR: 68%
Verbal-RC: 70%

First Diagnostic Test: 540, Q37, V27 13th June, 2014
First CAT (Princeton Review) : 330, Q12, V23 28-Aug, 2014
Second CAT (GMAC): 570, Q32, V36 15-Nov, 2014

After getting 330 i was really disappointed but somehow i gathered myself and tried to spend at least 4 hours every day. From start of September till 14th November, i studied consistently (excluding consecutive 15 days when i got really busy with workplace). During this period i dint take any other test, mainly because i was really afraid of getting a humiliating score again. I focused mainly on Quants and tried to practice OG questions again and again. After finishing SC, CR, RC (50% of questions), and first 100 questions of DS from OG-13, i wrote GMAC test 1 and scored only 570. I had not been working on my verbal skills a lot, so verbal was unexpectedly reasonable. I got 50% of SC questions wrong, which means RC and CR score was really good. Quants score was once again screwed up :(

Now here i am, wondering what to do next? Please guide me that what should be my strategy to score 700 plus. Recently through GMAT CLUB i came to know that Manhattan GMAT books are very helpful. I have purchased them. Please let me know that how much time i should spend on these books? What should be my target accuracy for Manhattan questions? Should i do OG questions again while studying Manhattan guides? When should i take my next CAT? and from now on wards, with what frequency should i take the CATs? (I do have 6 Manhattan tests and 1 GMAC test left)

Please guide me so that i could develop a comprehensive study plan with 700 plus target. Thanks a lot in advance................i really needed your reply and your guidance is definitely gonna help me a lot.

Despite poor performance, still determined-fingers crossed for 700 score.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Mulhinmjavid,

Since your original post is about a month old, I'm curious how your studies have been going. Have you taken any additional practice CATs? Are there any major categories that you're still having trouble with?

From your prior scores, there was some serious inconsistency, so your issues might be about content (not knowing the formulas/rules that you need to know), execution (making silly mistakes, pacing problems) or something else all together (anxiety, the way that you "see" the Test, etc.).

The 700+ score is the 90th percentile, which means that 90% of Test Takers either CAN'T or WON'T do what it takes to succeed. You might need to learn some new tactics and invest in some new GMAT materials to hit your goal.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot