GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2018, 02:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

DIvide the subjects or study all daily?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
G
DIvide the subjects or study all daily?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2018, 05:39
Guys I would like to know your opinion and advice about whether its better to divide your study in subjects or study all of the categories a bit every day ?

lets all unite to reach our target together

SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Re: DIvide the subjects or study all daily?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2018, 23:03
AweG wrote:
Guys I would like to know your opinion and advice about whether its better to divide your study in subjects or study all of the categories a bit every day ?
It depends on whether you are very strong in certain areas (in which case you'd probably want to focus on your weaknesses) or you need to work on all areas. Generally though, it would not be easy to go through all content areas every day. Broadly, if you alternate between quant and verbal, you should be fine if you don't go more than a few days without switching.

Ascore Prep | Live Online

VP
VP
V
Concentration: International Business, Operations
GMAT 1: 480 Q38 V22
GPA: 3.01
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
DIvide the subjects or study all daily?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2018, 02:57
AweG wrote:

If you are a working professional, it will be really difficult for you to study all 5 main topics of Q and V because you can study only 2 to 3 hrs maximum after job. So go for only two topics a day and make a plan to alternate them. If you are full time GMAT student, then you can alternate Q and V. IMO it will not be helpful to study all the five topics daily as you also need time to review your solutions.

Hoping that you are studying GMAT full time without professional commitments, you should go for alternate Q and V sessions.

QZ.

"Do not watch clock; Do what it does. KEEP GOING."

Manager
Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2018, 09:56
QZ wrote:
AweG wrote:

If you are a working professional, it will be really difficult for you to study all 5 main topics of Q and V because you can study only 2 to 3 hrs maximum after job. So go for only two topics a day and make a plan to alternate them. If you are full time GMAT student, then you can alternate Q and V. IMO it will not be helpful to study all the five topics daily as you also need time to review your solutions.

Hoping that you are studying GMAT full time without professional commitments, you should go for alternate Q and V sessions.

QZ.

Yes right now i have enough days off that i dedicate completely to gmat so my current curriculum is mostly quant about 5-6 h daily. I Practise verbal 3 times per week and solve the gmat club's timer question just to keep in touch. I was wondering how I could benefit from a study plan that puts the quant subacategories closer to each other because it is so much :/ that for example if i practise geometry on monday i practise again next monday and i seem to have lose the momentum that is created

Manager
Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2018, 09:58
AjiteshArun wrote:
AweG wrote:
It depends on whether you are very strong in certain areas (in which case you'd probably want to focus on your weaknesses) or you need to work on all areas. Generally though, it would not be easy to go through all content areas every day. Broadly, if you alternate between quant and verbal, you should be fine if you don't go more than a few days without switching.

mainly im concerned about losing my momentum by spacing out sub categories too far away from session to session

VP
VP
V
Concentration: International Business, Operations
GMAT 1: 480 Q38 V22
GPA: 3.01
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2018, 10:17
AweG wrote:
QZ wrote:
AweG wrote:

QZ.

Yes right now i have enough days off that i dedicate completely to gmat so my current curriculum is mostly quant about 5-6 h daily. I Practise verbal 3 times per week and solve the gmat club's timer question just to keep in touch. I was wondering how I could benefit from a study plan that puts the quant subacategories closer to each other because it is so much :/ that for example if i practise geometry on monday i practise again next monday and i seem to have lose the momentum that is created

I understand what you are going through. Well, it depends how good are you in Quant. If you are at just start of your prep, I would suggest to start with 500 level questions from quant directory (https://gmatclub.com/forum/forum7/). IMO 500 level questions are underrated but they are the foundation stones for higher level questions. It is difficult me a study plan to cover every base daily. But, what you can do is that you can plan first 15 days for only 500 level questions of all topics and make notes for yourself. Don't go for higher level till the time you are able to solve all 500 level questions under 2 minutes. Prefer quality over quantity, that's key.

QZ

"Do not watch clock; Do what it does. KEEP GOING."

SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2018, 10:28
Top Contributor
We recommend first dividing it up, then mix it up.

When you divide it up, you can focus your learnings and you will be better able to retain your lessons learned and remember the detailed insights.

If you mix it up first - then you will likely get confused by all the different question types. In the beginning, you want to spend time gaining familiarity with a certain question type before moving on.

Only when you have made some progress do we recommend mixing up the question types.

http://www.gmatpill.com
GMAT Club Bot
Re: DIvide the subjects or study all daily? &nbs [#permalink] 24 Mar 2018, 10:28

DIvide the subjects or study all daily?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap