GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Oct 2019, 19:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

emailed pearson powercut @exam|accepted score|10 days no official mail

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
WE: Advertising (Advertising and PR)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
emailed pearson powercut @exam|accepted score|10 days no official mail  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2018, 21:37
Hi,

I took the test on June 1st and there was a power cut during the test, so I emailed pearson speaking about the issue I faced(in hope of a free retest) but they declined it and said that if I am not happy with their response I should connect and appeal to GMAC directly. They also added that writing to GMAC might mean my score will be cancelled. I don't want my score to be cancelled. But the score isn't available yet on mba.com...Should I email Pearson again and tell them that I don't want my score to be cancelled...(I never mentioned I want my score to be cancelled in any of my emails)...The "Score Report Available" email is sent by Pearson...could this be the reason they're withholding my score, because I emailed them with an issue? It's been 10 days now...If anyone has faced a similar situation, kindly reach out and let me know what will be the best way to approach this.

pfb the emails I sent to them:

"Writing in to report an incident that took place today at the testing center. I took my test scheduled for the 9 am slot at Mumbai center. During the test, there was a power cut for more than 40 minutes, the AC stopped working, the testing room became very stuffy and uncomfortable. But the test continued, so I had no choice but to continue my attempt.

---x----

Thank you for your response.

I was unable to complain about the temperature during the course of the test, because the test is timed and I was in the middle of the quant section when this happened. As for raising a ticket regarding this, I emailed you the same day I took the test. The power outage lasted for over 40 minutes, the room certainly got stuffy and uncomfortable and it affected my performance. "

-----x--------

this is the last email i received from them:

"We do apologize that your experience during your exam appointment was less than satisfactory. If you believe we should review a decision we made about your exam, you may appeal to the GMAT Program within 30 days from the date of our decision. Under certain circumstances, we may shorten or extend the 30 days.

Please send your appeal in writing by email, mail, or fax to GMAT Customer Service. If you submit an appeal prior to GMAC receiving your Score Revocation Letter, it will be treated as the first appeal. Supporting documentation must be submitted for appeals concerning policy exceptions.

Please note: Scores are canceled if there is a good faith reason to question their validity. Your appeal must provide information that resolves these issues.

If you have any further questions, please contact us again. "

nishantd88

Thank you.
Regards,
ENEM

If you wish to spend wisely on your gmat prep material, check my post titled: How to Spend Money On GMAT Material Wisely, link: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-buy-gmat-material-wisely-tag-free-gmat-resources-236174.html

Simple and handy template for CR: https://gmatclub.com/forum/simple-and-handy-template-for-cr-242255.html

simple template for more vs greater and fewer vs less: https://gmatclub.com/forum/simple-template-for-more-vs-greater-and-fewer-vs-less-242216.html
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
D
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: emailed pearson powercut @exam|accepted score|10 days no official mail  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2018, 04:03
ENEM wrote:
Hi,

I took the test on June 1st and there was a power cut during the test, so I emailed pearson speaking about the issue I faced(in hope of a free retest) but they declined it and said that if I am not happy with their response I should connect and appeal to GMAC directly. They also added that writing to GMAC might mean my score will be cancelled. I don't want my score to be cancelled. But the score isn't available yet on mba.com...Should I email Pearson again and tell them that I don't want my score to be cancelled...(I never mentioned I want my score to be cancelled in any of my emails)...The "Score Report Available" email is sent by Pearson...could this be the reason they're withholding my score, because I emailed them with an issue? It's been 10 days now...If anyone has faced a similar situation, kindly reach out and let me know what will be the best way to approach this.

pfb the emails I sent to them:

"Writing in to report an incident that took place today at the testing center. I took my test scheduled for the 9 am slot at Mumbai center. During the test, there was a power cut for more than 40 minutes, the AC stopped working, the testing room became very stuffy and uncomfortable. But the test continued, so I had no choice but to continue my attempt.

---x----

Thank you for your response.

I was unable to complain about the temperature during the course of the test, because the test is timed and I was in the middle of the quant section when this happened. As for raising a ticket regarding this, I emailed you the same day I took the test. The power outage lasted for over 40 minutes, the room certainly got stuffy and uncomfortable and it affected my performance. "

-----x--------

this is the last email i received from them:

"We do apologize that your experience during your exam appointment was less than satisfactory. If you believe we should review a decision we made about your exam, you may appeal to the GMAT Program within 30 days from the date of our decision. Under certain circumstances, we may shorten or extend the 30 days.

Please send your appeal in writing by email, mail, or fax to GMAT Customer Service. If you submit an appeal prior to GMAC receiving your Score Revocation Letter, it will be treated as the first appeal. Supporting documentation must be submitted for appeals concerning policy exceptions.

Please note: Scores are canceled if there is a good faith reason to question their validity. Your appeal must provide information that resolves these issues.

If you have any further questions, please contact us again. "

nishantd88

I think you should write a more elaborate mail, explaining in detail the issue and how it affected you.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
WE: Advertising (Advertising and PR)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
emailed pearson powercut @exam|accepted score|10 days no official mail  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2018, 11:39
Hey nishantd88 ,

Hey they replied they're offering me a free retest valid one year from now .

Thank you.
Regards,
ENEM

If you wish to spend wisely on your gmat prep material, check my post titled: How to Spend Money On GMAT Material Wisely, link: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-buy-gmat-material-wisely-tag-free-gmat-resources-236174.html

Simple and handy template for CR: https://gmatclub.com/forum/simple-and-handy-template-for-cr-242255.html

simple template for more vs greater and fewer vs less: https://gmatclub.com/forum/simple-template-for-more-vs-greater-and-fewer-vs-less-242216.html
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
D
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: emailed pearson powercut @exam|accepted score|10 days no official mail  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2018, 22:51
ENEM wrote:
Hey nishantd88 ,

Hey they replied they're offering me a free retest valid one year from now .

Cool. Thats what I had got too. Good luck for the re-test.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2019, 18:53
nishant

Hey Nishant,

Whom did you email to appeal for re test. I am fine with my score to be canceled but Pearson declined my request and said they are unable to offer a free test

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2019, 21:27
hussy18 wrote:
nishant

Hey Nishant,

Whom did you email to appeal for re test. I am fine with my score to be canceled but Pearson declined my request and said they are unable to offer a free test
Until either nishantd88 or ENEM gets back to you:

1. You can request Pearson to escalate your case or provide you with contact information for an escalation.
2. What happened during your exam?

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2019, 21:36
Test froze couple of times. Once, it got shutdown and took some 10 minutes to come back up. Even though they added time, test admin wasted 1.5 minutes in entering authorization code. I was stressed out and it impacted such a way that esr shows 74% of the answers are incorrect in the quarter this happened.

Pearson vue declined my request for free retest saying that they added the time and some stats which did not make any sense

I'm worried whether or not they will rule in my favor

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2019, 22:02
hussy18 wrote:
Test froze couple of times. Once, it got shutdown and took some 10 minutes to come back up. Even though they added time, test admin wasted 1.5 minutes in entering authorization code. I was stressed out and it impacted such a way that esr shows 74% of the answers are incorrect in the quarter this happened.

Pearson vue declined my request for free retest saying that they added the time and some stats which did not make any sense

I'm worried whether or not they will rule in my favor
Ouch. While what you are saying makes sense, I have seen Pearson absolutely refuse to budge once they say that "exam time was not lost". They seem not to understand that taking a test requires you to maintain your concentration levels, and that interruptions can have a major impact on performance. Or maybe they understand it, but don't acknowledge it.

You are doing the right thing though. Press them on this as much as you can, but be prepared for a negative response from their side.
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2019, 20:38
Wow, that really stinks. Let us know how things end up for you.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
122 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: emailed pearson powercut @exam|accepted score|10 days no official mail   [#permalink] 11 Feb 2019, 20:38

emailed pearson powercut @exam|accepted score|10 days no official mail

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep