Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:30 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Re: ESCP's reputation outside of France. [#permalink]
Regarding tuition, I think that actually school in US, UK, France charge more than the schools in Germany. The point is that in these countries there are no/very few good alternatives with low tuition.
In Germany, there are good alternatives with low tuition, so that private universities need to offer something. At some places this is quality and career perspective, at others this is specialization (to a certain topic, e.g. aviation...) or the possibility of part-time study along your job.

For specific scholarship possibilities I would need to do the same research that you would do, so better do it on your own.
My general perspective is that schools award scholarships for candidates with demographics that they consider under-represented or that they want to promote. Also in some areas schools are required by the authorities to provide financial support schemes (however, mostly for local students).

Without knowing your goals and situation, to give a specific recommendation (i.e. rank the possibilities) is hardly possible.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Well i am a student as ESCP and i can definitely say that you cannot term it as a school reserved for "Rich kids" that is a very gross and misappropriate statement.
Granted its fees are higher than the german schools, but it is pretty low compared to B schools in US and in the UK.
That is one reason ESCP attracted me in the first place, 1) Affordable tuition fees and 2) It offered great merit scholarships to deserving students.

Secondly, ESCP has a relaly good image in Europe, ofcourse it is the strongest in France but it has considerable pull both in UK and in germany. It having campuses there helps in this. As for how is it perceived by the HR, well we are having a corporate recruitment event at Germany next month and there are companies such as P&G, coke, Bayer, Shell, Google, Mckinsey, EY, Roland Berger and a ton others coming to recruit students from the campus. Well i am pretty sure they would not be showing up if they did not perceive a certain level of quality associated with ESCP students.

Ofcourse ESCP's satellite campus in Londin, Berlin etc wont have much recognition compared to the local big shot colleges, but that is something that is common sense. Those schools have been around for decades and hence have strong relations with local companies. But ESCP does give you a fighting chance to find a job in 5 different countries, so that is something i really appreciate.

We compiled some salient features of the ESCP MiM, complete with its application requirements and post grad stats. You can check it out at https://www.mim-essay.com/escp-mim-review.html & review the school yourself.

Hope the answer helped.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts