Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 21:34 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

Kellogg MBAi (no $) vs Fuqua ($) vs Tepper ($) vs Ross WL

25% [1]
50% [2]
25% [1]
0% [0]
0% [0]
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 121
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72904 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Re: Kellogg MBAi (no $) vs Fuqua ($) vs Tepper ($) vs Ross WL [#permalink]
Expert Reply
bojunk wrote:
Thank you for your swift reply bb, and thank you for sharing the list of best programs for tech, very informative!

You are exactly at the point. Tepper obviously has a higher % of tech placements because of the brand of its parent university, while Fuqua is more prestigious and balanced in all industries overall. If Tepper is worth to go, I guess I have a chance of asking more $ from them using my Fuqua offer. For tech in the short-term & long-term, how would you compare Fuqua's reputation with Tepper’s history of tech placements? Which one are you leaning to and why?

To answer your question for west-coast schools, I did apply to some of them but got all dinged unfortunately... Location wise I'm perfectly fine with doing tech and settle down in NYC.

I would pick Fuqua without much hesitation.

This is what I was looking for - Fuqua over the last 5 years has had some solid Tech gains. Of course they lost them in the last few years but surprisingly Tepper has not. At the same time there are other indicators than just the % of class placed including average salary and class size. A small program placing 20% into an area may be as much as another placing just 10% or 5%.

Attachment:
Fuqua 2023 employment report.gif
Fuqua 2023 employment report.gif [ 81.28 KiB | Viewed 920 times ]

Attachment:
tepper-2023 employment report.gif
tepper-2023 employment report.gif [ 92.74 KiB | Viewed 911 times ]

I think there is focus and resilience at Tepper towards tech while Fuqua's applicants are more flexible and open to consulting taking the higher comp there in the last few years. Fuqua is quite good with MBB (finance too). And you will see that the compensation at Fuqua is higher, indicating the higher caliber of students and job profiles (if an employer can get a qualified person for cheaper, why not).

Also keep in mind that Fuqua has almost 2x the class size - 340 vs. 185. So 17% at Fuqua is the same as 30% at Tepper. So on an apples to apples perspective, the number of people placed to Tech at Fuqua even at 17% percent that took a dive recently, is still equivalent. Mixing it with higher pay numbers indicating higher strength of the cohort is a good confirmation as well.

I would not hesitate with Fuqua for Tech at Fuqua.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you a ton bb, I really appreciate your informative insight, it's extremely helpful!!
I'm happy to share with you that I just get admitted to Kellogg MBAi (no $) today! Between Kellogg MBAi and Fuqua ($), considering my profile and goal, what do you recommend and why?

I lean towards Kellogg emotionally as it has been my dream school since day 1, and I can't wait to commit to it. However I do wish to also park my pulse for a second and get some practical comprehensive suggestion in case I overlook any unique strength of other schools that can also help me better to achieve my goals.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
bojunk wrote:
Thank you a ton bb, I really appreciate your informative insight, it's extremely helpful!!
I'm happy to share with you that I just get admitted to Kellogg MBAi (no $) today! Between Kellogg MBAi and Fuqua ($), considering my profile and goal, what do you recommend and why?

I lean towards Kellogg emotionally as it has been my dream school since day 1, and I can't wait to commit to it. However I do wish to also park my pulse for a second and get some practical comprehensive suggestion in case I overlook any unique strength of other schools that can also help me better to achieve my goals.

you keep moving the goalpost and changing the equation. Next time I reply, you’ll get into Harvard 😂

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
The MBAi is an interesting animal. It’s really tech focused and I think that’s a big advantage of the program it attracts people coral single minded to speak and have the same common recruiting goal.

Kellogg is also great in terms of curriculum for product management and product marketing.

However you should chat with current students from Kellogg, any program there in case you have a hard time finding people in the MBAi - I am hearing that tech jobs have been hard to secure and many people are defaulting and falling back on their previous careers trying to leverage their background. Going to school does not mean you get to top job. You get the environment and the support group and resources but it is still up to you to put in the effort, to apply and to be chosen from among many applicants including your classmates. Just Kellogg on your résumé is a bare minimum. Being successful at finding a job will require your effort, something to help you stand out, and luck. Again, I recommend chatting with current tech recruiting people.

But yes I would pick Kellogg. There is strength in numbers.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 253
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Kellogg (no $) vs Fuqua ($) vs Tepper ($) vs Ross WL [#permalink]
Congratulations on securing admissions from such prestigious schools!
I totally agree with BB on everything. Between Tepper and Fuqua, you should definitely go for Fuqua. Tepper do place many students in tech but I have seen students struggling a lot this year and the past year. This will lead to a decline in Tepper's ranking in the coming years. It already went down from 15 to 18.
However, between Kellogg and Fuqua, my vote goes to Kellogg as well. The brand value will go with you everywhere. Moreover, Kellogg is known to have amazing coursework and case competitions. The class discussions that you'll be a part of at Kellogg will make you a well-rounded professional for the industry. I know the scholarship part sucks but this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. An MBA from Kellogg will help you more in the long run.
Lastly, yes you should talk to students at Kellogg and look at their alumni base. It will help you in making a firm decision and give you a clear picture of where you can end up in a later stage of life.
Good luck :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb Harshii I'm so grateful for your jokes and insight!!! My heart is also with Kellogg, but I will definitely talk to more students in the program to make the decision. Thank you so much!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kellogg MBAi (no $) vs Fuqua ($) vs Tepper ($) vs Ross WL [#permalink]
bb If you have time, I have a few other questions hoping to get your perspective...

I'm totally not surprised to not get $ from Kellogg given my GMAT/GRE is below its average (I'm truely grateful for the offer already...), however the total cost of the program is still a pain to swallow. Here are my questions:

- Is there any chance I can ask Kellogg for some $ based on my financial situation / identity?
- Is there any chance I can use my Fuqua offer + $ to ask Kellogg for some $?
- Is there a guidance / template on making such asks somewhere?

I really appreciate your time, so if you have answered similar questions before, feel free to direct me there. Thanks!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi. You can always ask. They will not withdraw their offer if you try to negotiate.

We have a template and feedback about it here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/negotiating- ... 12949.html

GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts