Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:12 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
Re: GMAT 790 (Q51, V50). Kindly review and reply. Utterly confused :( [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi there -
​Thanks for reaching out for a free evaluation. In lieu of writing a lengthy reply, I'd rather we connect via Skype/phone so we may have a real dialogue and you can ask me questions as I give you an assessment. Additionally, I will be able to offer you a much more robust assessment if I am able to ask you more questions. If doing a free consult via skype/phone interests you, please ​fill out our FREE CONSULT form​ https://squareoneprep.com/free-consultation/.

I look forward to hearing from and speaking with you soon. Thanks again for reaching out.

Kathryn Lucas, Founder
SQUARE ONE PREP
Direct: +1.917.705.4460
Toll Free: +1.888.702.3542
Mobile: +1.917.841.6833
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Re: GMAT 790 (Q51, V50). Kindly review and reply. Utterly confused :( [#permalink]
Hello there,

Thanks for sharing your profile in depth. First of all Congragualtions on your GMAT, you have done an excellent job there. Glad to see a profile like yours. According to me you overall have an excellent profile. Top 5 must be do able if you can write excellent essays.

While assessing your application, top b-schools looks for candidates who have demonstratednleadership qualities in their professional or personal lives. Leadership qualities don’t necessarily mean leading teams – they could also mean the initiatives you had taken, your achievements, impact-orientation and career progression.

If you want to have a detailed free profile evaluation by the top B-schools Alumni please feel free to reach us out at +91 9980044412

You can also evaluate your profile by using our ingenious tool called B-School Selector. B-School selector is an intelligent B-Schools shortlisting tool designed by team of expert consultants graduated from Ivy League B-Schools. This tool provides the list of B-Schools where you have fair chances of getting an admission based on certain parameters like, GMAT Score, Work Experience, International Work Experience and Academic Scores. Please click on the below mentioned link to use the tool.
https://www.genedmba.com/b-school-selec ... Ra9sPptBnq
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
GMAT 790 (Q51, V50). Kindly review and reply. Utterly confused :( [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Bhardwajh5x wrote:
Dear Expert,
First of all, Thanks a ton for taking out your precious time to reviewing my profile. Following are the details:

1. NAME: BHARDWAJH K.M.

2. COUNTRY: INDIA

3. GMAT SCORE: 790 (Q51, V50, AWA 6) :-)

4. SCHOOL: BITS Pilani, India (2011-2016). B.Engg(Hons.) in ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING, MSc.(Hons.) in BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES.

5. CUMULATIVE G.P.A.: 7/10 (70 %, or 2.8/4) :( :sad:

6. WORK EXPERIENCE:
a.) JP Morgan Chase & Co.- (August 2016-July 2017) Corporate and Investment Bank Technology. Worked with a team of 9 as a Technology Analyst on Investment Banking Automation for JP Morgan's Clients for North American, European and Asia Pacific Region. Delivered 4 different projects, each related to different investment funds in 11 months.
b.) PricewaterhouseCoopers.- (July 2017 onwards) Working on GRID (Government Reforms and Infrastructure Development) as an Advisory Consultant team that comprises of experts from Science, Technology, Marketing and Finance in the Renewable Energy sector to ensure a sustainable growth of Renewable Energy resources in an energy deficient but a high energy consuming country such as India.

7. EXTRA CURRICULAR AND VOLUNTEERING ACTIVITIES:
a.) MEMBER: Literary and Debating Club, Electronics and Robotics Club, Festival Committee, Music Society, Philately and Numismatics Club.
b.) FOUNDER: Hindi Literary and Debating Club (A 400% increase in membership in just 2 years with over 50 events), SARAS (Society for Rejuvenation and Appreciation of Sanskrit. We've been active across universities in India and abroad with the help of the massive Indian diaspora within our network. Although started just a few months ago, we are a family of 101 highly motivated Sanskrit Enthusiasts and are planning to launch our Social Media handles across various platforms the next month. :-) ), MARUDHARA, BITS Pilani Rajasthan State Association(Have been the Treasurer and Chief Coordinator for straight two years. A big group of around 500 students from the state of Rajasthan. To pay heed to their matters of concern, for regular meeting and activities this group was founded.)
c.) VOLUNTEER: ISKCON (International Society For Krishna Consciousness, Marketing Volunteer), Helpage India, Help for the ederly (Student Volunteer), Nirmaan (N.G.O. for the underprivileged, Marketing Volunteer)

8. ANY SIGNIFICANT CONFERENCE SELECTED FOR AND ATTENDED TO: HPAIR (Harvard Project for Asian and International Relations) 2014 TOKYO

Now, after your thorough prognosis and diagnosis, kindly answer these questions of mine:
1.) Is there even a remote possibility of me getting any of the top 5 college (Rank according to FT) ?
2.) Should I be too worried for my low CGPA. and is there anything that I can do to compensate it now ?
3.) When, according to you is the right time for me to apply ?
4.) MBA from US or MIM from Europe? Please note that I come from an Indian lower middle class family, so I need to be extremely sure about the decision that I make and the Return on Investment. The MBA fees of top US colleges is like my father's 15 years of net salary, that too when I assume that he was getting the same amount in 2002 as in 2017.

Thanks in Advance. Please Reply Soon.

Thank you for your detailed post Bhardwajh! We help a lot of BITS Pilani folks get into schools and while your CGPA is a bit low, the GMAT helps a lot. See below for answers to all and reach out if you want further assistance: https://www.personalmbacoach.com

Now, after your thorough prognosis and diagnosis, kindly answer these questions of mine:
1.) Is there even a remote possibility of me getting any of the top 5 college (Rank according to FT) ?
Yes! If you are looking at MBA, then you want a bit more experience first. But top 5 could happen for you

2.) Should I be too worried for my low CGPA. and is there anything that I can do to compensate it now ?
You can take graduate level classes. Feel free to email me and I'll give you a list of the best ones to look into

After 3-4 yr of work ex so you would have 4-5 upon matriculation (for MBA). For MIM you could apply right now

4.) MBA from US or MIM from Europe? Please note that I come from an Indian lower middle class family, so I need to be extremely sure about the decision that I make and the Return on Investment. The MBA fees of top US colleges is like my father's 15 years of net salary, that too when I assume that he was getting the same amount in 2002 as in 2017.
This depends what your ultimate goal is and how happy you are with your role. If you want the highest ROI and you are ok waiting a bit, then MBA would be the way to go. The MIM will help you get a higher level job but if you want to climb the ladders then you may end up getting an MBA down the line anyway. See how we work with applicants like you to build up the right profile. https://www.personalmbacoach.com/early-mba-planning The last 790 we worked with got a full ride at an M7 so he is paying $0 for school!

Best,
Scott
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
GMAT 790 (Q51, V50). Kindly review and reply. Utterly confused :( [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Bhardwajh5x wrote:
Dear Expert,
First of all, Thanks a ton for taking out your precious time to reviewing my profile. Following are the details:

Thanks in Advance. Please Reply Soon.

Hi Bhardwaj,

You have an excellent GMAT score and that in itself should get you noticed by business schools.

Between the MBA and MiM, I'd prefer to go with an MBA. If you are already financially constrained then the burden of two courses (assuming you'd want to do an MBA in the next 4-6 years after an MiM) would be a bit much. Moreover, you already will have 2 years of WE this summer. Wait another year or two and make an effort to build a stellar profile in any areas that you lack/ can make better. You can then apply to the top MBA programs with better chances of making it in.

Feel free to reach out to us for a profile evaluation.
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Thanks for reaching out to us! We're happy to help you start your MBA journey. However, we are in the process of relaunching our forum with a new format and will not be able to respond to requests until that process is completed. We will no longer be providing straight profile reviews because at the end of the day, your competitiveness at different schools relies on more than just a few stats or data points; we think a conversation is a much better way to provide that feedback and help you think through your strengths and development areas. We provide a free 30 minute consultation for that reason. As such, our new forum will focus more on the specific and burning questions that you may have for our expert team that can help you as well as others who are reading these posts. More detail to come.

If you reached out for the 2017-2018 application season and we did not get to your question, we sincerely apologize. Due to overwhelming demand, we reached full capacity and completely sold-out well in advance of the deadlines and stopped taking new consultations or profile evaluation requests so that we could focus on ensuring that our clients had the best possible support during the process. We're hopeful that your questions were answered elsewhere on the site, and we wish you best of luck for application success!

Kindly,
The Vantage Point MBA Team
Moderator:
Admissionado
9216 posts