It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 13:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT action plan

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 20

GMAT action plan [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2017, 03:19
For those of you who are just getting started, here is the overall structure of the GMAT:

1) Analysis of an Argument Essay (AWA or Analytical Writing Assessment): 30 minutes, 1 question.
2) Integrated Reasoning (Multi-Source Reasoning, Table Analysis, Graphics Interpretation, Two Part Analysis): 30 minutes, 12 questions. Please note: unlike the Verbal and Quantitative sections, the IR section is not adaptive. For this reason, every time you try a GMATPrep Exam you will see the same 12 IR questions.
3) Optional 8-minute break
4) Quantitative Section (Problem Solving, Data Sufficiency): 75 minutes, 37 questions (2 minutes per question)
5) Optional 8-minute break
6) Verbal Section (Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, Sentence Correction): 75 minutes, 41 questions (1.8 minutes per question)

The GMAC has also recently announced that it will be rolling out a program, starting July 11, 2017, where GMAT test-takers will be able to select (out of 3 possible options) the order of their test sections! This promises to be a huge advantage, because the Verbal and Quant sections, which are not only the two toughest sections of the GMAT, but also the only two sections that contribute to one’s 200-800 composite score, have always been located at the end of the 4-hour test, when it’s harder to maintain focus. You will have the option to choose 1) Quant, 2) Verbal, 3) IR and 4) AWA or 1) Verbal, 2) Quant, 3) IR and 4) AWA. Personally, I prefer the final option.

Keep in mind that on the GMAT you cannot go back or skip any questions, and that the first 12-15 questions of the Verbal and Quantitative sections have the most impact on your score due to the adaptive scoring algorithm. A correct answer will yield a slightly harder question in most cases, and vice versa, and the GMAT will gradually determine your score as you go. The largest adjustments are made at the beginning of the test, which is why the first 1/3 of questions are so essential. Also, approximately 10 to 25% of the questions on the actual GMAT (and 4 of the 12 IR questions) are experimental—you don’t know which ones they are, and they don’t count toward your score.

Practice:
1) Free GMATPrep Software - 2 diagnostic CATs (Exams 1 and 2: 180 questions total) and 90 practice questions out of 1,500 possible questions
2) GMAT 2018 Official Guide Bundle - 1 diagnostic test and over 1,500 practice questions and answer explanations (you are here) - about $49
3) GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 - 2 diagnostic CATs (Exams 3 and 4: 180 questions total) out of 400 possible questions - GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 [Online Code] $50
4) GMAT Prep Exam Pack 2 (New Release with 2 New Tests -- not yet available on Amazon) - 2 more diagnostic CATs (Exams 5 and 6: 180 questions total) out of 400 possible questions - $50
Please note: you can save $10 by buying #3 and #4 together as an Exam Pack Bundle from the GMAT website for $90.
5) GMATPrep Question Pack 1 - 404 questions with answer explanations and ability to sort questions by type and difficulty - $30 GMATPrep Question Pack 1 [Online Code]
6) The Official Guide for GMAT® Review 2016 Mobile App The Official Guide for GMAT® Review 2016 -$5 for 50 questions and $30 upgrade for an additional 800 questions
7) GMAT Focus Quizzes - 24 questions per quiz (math only) - $30 per quiz and 4 total. GMAT Focus Online Quantitative Diagnostic Tool: Single Use GMAT Focus Online Quantitative Diagnostic Tool: Single Use [Online Code]
8) IR Prep Tool - 48 Integrated Reasoning Questions GMAT IR Prep Tool [Online Code] - $20
9) GMAT Write - 4 Auto-Graded Essays for $30
10) GMAT Enhanced Score Report - Technically this is not a practice tool, but it provides an in-depth look at your score, including overall rankings, rankings by question type, time management information and a summary of your strengths and weaknesses, which can be helpful if you plan to take the test more than once. - $25

Strategy:
1) GMAT Club Forum - Free explanations to nearly every official GMAT question, as well as questions written by other companies (I do not recommend practicing on non-official questions).
2) GMAT Quantum - Free video explanations to nearly every official GMAT quantitative question.
3) GMATPrepNow - Free video explanations to many GMAT questions in both Quant and Verbal.
4) Manhattan Prep GMAT Series: $144 for the entire series Complete GMAT Strategy Guide Set (Manhattan Prep GMAT Strategy Guides) or about $49 for access to 6 online CATs.
5) Ace the GMAT by Brandon Royal: $8 for Kindle version Ace the GMAT: Master the GMAT in 40 Days
6) LSAT Preptests for Extra Critical Reasoning and Critical Reading Practice: $20 for 10 tests 10 More, Actual Official LSAT PrepTests: (PrepTests 19 through 28) (Lsat Series)
7) Magoosh Free Online Materials
8) Powerscore Critical Reasoning Bible: $21 The PowerScore GMAT Critical Reasoning Bible
9) Powerscore Reading Comprehension Bible: $35 The PowerScore GMAT Reading Comprehension Bible
10) The Complete GMAT Sentence Correction Guide by Erica Meltzer The Complete GMAT Sentence Correction Guide

For verbal do go for EGMAT verbal online

Finally, you can google "GMAT Action Plan" to read my personal, frequently updated recommendations for GMAT Prep.

P.S. I am just a beginner i am trying to collect information from different places so this information what i collected from this wonderful GMAT family

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 20

Magoosh Discount Codese-GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount Codes
Top Contributor
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)

Kudos [?]: 504 [0], given: 56

GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GRE 1: 337 Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)
GMAT action plan [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2017, 23:49
Top Contributor
I am the author of 99% of the above content, and am asking that that you please cite me as a source when appropriating my work!

GMAT Action Plan - McElroy Tutoring

My Review of the GMAT Official Guide 2018

Harvard grad and 770 GMAT scorer, offering high-quality private GMAT tutoring, both in-person and via Skype, since 2002.

McElroy Tutoring

Kudos [?]: 504 [0], given: 56

GMAT action plan   [#permalink] 29 Oct 2017, 23:49

GMAT action plan

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap