Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:09 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V36
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
Own Kudos [?]: 2769 [0]
Given Kudos: 1510
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 220
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
<PLEASE HELP>
A weird thing happened to me while starting my GMAT Online.
Got a BLACK SCREEN with a slider at the top with two options CHAT and Online Whiteboard something (I was not able to click either of them). I tried speaking to the laptop but no one was responding (weird :P). After around 20mins of wait and staring at the black screen finally got a call from the proctor (voice quality was like the 90's customer support): asking me to wait for the next proctor and click some button. I explained to her that I cannot see anything on the screen: it's completely black. She said to wait and disconnected the call. After that, I waited for around 50 mins nothing happened so I finally restarted my device.
mba. com profile is showing my exam as pending. I have raised a complaint with the online chat option as calling customer support is not an option during the weekends.
Can anyone please help if you faced such a similar issue?
What do I do now to get GMAT Online exam and score ASAP as R2 is pretty close?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 220
Send PM
sebo08 thanks will do!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
Hi,

Did anyone observe that GMAT available dates are changing with seconds difference? Are there so many people rescheduling/canceling or is the GMAC changing the available dates randomly? I am looking for a slot next weekend. Should I wait till next weekend hoping that slots will be open to book or book the next available slot and make it work?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
We should all remember that proctors used for GMAT are also administering other tests. Other test may have different cancellations and rescheduling policies which affects availability of practice for the GMAT. Also proctors may be adjusting their availability and there could be other external factors in play.

As with all kinds of probabilities and gambling, it’s all about your risk tolerance and I’m out of time you want to sink into it. I’m sure if you keep refreshing and checking every few minutes you’ll snag a spot you want but do you want to invest the time....

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
Thank you for the reply bb. I found a slot that suits me next weekend but while trying to pay, it is showing "Some error occurred" message. After refreshing, that slot is gone. This happened twice. The problem is next available slots in bulk are in 3 days and I'm not sure I'm ready for that. If there is no other option, then I'll have to make it work. I'll try for some more time and book the next available slot.

bb wrote:
We should all remember that proctors used for GMAT are also administering other tests. Other test may have different cancellations and rescheduling policies which affects availability of practice for the GMAT. Also proctors may be adjusting their availability and there could be other external factors in play.

As with all kinds of probabilities and gambling, it’s all about your risk tolerance and I’m out of time you want to sink into it. I’m sure if you keep refreshing and checking every few minutes you’ll snag a spot you want but do you want to invest the time....

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 560 Q41 V26
GMAT 2: 590 Q48 V23
GMAT 3: 620 Q44 V32
GMAT 4: 610 Q48 V27
Send PM
Hi All,

Need Some Advise.
So far I had been preparing for In Centre GMAT, however since I'm unable to get any date closer to my desired date I have no other option but to Switch to Online GMAT. This will be my first attempt to Online GMAT and in preparation for the same I gave my first Mock today, using Whiteboard and realized that there was a lot of time wasted in erasing the board. How did you guys manage to save this time.
Any tips would be helpful.

Thanks In Advance!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 163
Schools: IIMA PGPX'23
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39 (Online)
Send PM
adiforuaditya wrote:
Hi All,

Need Some Advise.
So far I had been preparing for In Centre GMAT, however since I'm unable to get any date closer to my desired date I have no other option but to Switch to Online GMAT. This will be my first attempt to Online GMAT and in preparation for the same I gave my first Mock today, using Whiteboard and realized that there was a lot of time wasted in erasing the board. How did you guys manage to save this time.

Thanks In Advance!

You can buy your own physical whiteboard of the specified dimensions and temporary whiteboard markers to go with it. GMAT has allowed the use for the same. Even I have been using these in my prep as I will not be using online whiteboard during my online GMAT.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Leadership, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38 (Online)
GMAT 2: 710 Q45 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.93
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Bookmarks
bb wrote:
tydsheets wrote:
Funny that I would write that post. I just got results, but my mba.com account is freezing up and won't display my percentages.

Did you get the score you wanted? Is that the 660 you have on the profile or this is a new one?

Thanks for asking. Yes, I got 660 as stated on the profile, but no, not the score I need for the schools I want to get into. My plan will be to continue studying hard and try to maximize my score for a second GMAT Online in February and then apply R1 for 2022 entry.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sssanskaar wrote:
adiforuaditya wrote:
Hi All,

Need Some Advise.

Thanks In Advance!

You can buy your own physical whiteboard of the specified dimensions and temporary whiteboard markers to go with it. GMAT has allowed the use for the same. Even I have been using these in my prep as I will not be using online whiteboard during my online GMAT.

Hi Thanks for your reply.

Sorry my question wasn't clear enough. I have purchased a physical whiteboard and is taking a lot of time to erase. Are there different varieties and qualities of whiteboard available in market. Bought it for a good store hence I think quality shouldn't be an issue, but I realized it was taking almost 1.5 to 2 Min everytime to erase whiteboard !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 146
Send PM
So I took the GMAT online a couple of days ago and I thought the 5-minute break would be in between the quant and English section. I was so dumbstruck when the clock kept on running after I finished with the quant.

Don't you think it's a little bit crazy to expect us to take a 2-hour exam before we are allowed a break? I couldn't drink during the English section because, again, I though I would have a break RIGHT after the quant section - so I felt so dehydrated. It was a suffering.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34 (Online)
WE:Project Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Hi All

So on 11th december 2020 i gave my GMAT online test and the test was realy weird as the proctor plugged off my test multiple times in the test and disturbed me a lot because he was a not able to see my video while i could see it being recorded in front of me. Anyway the proctor cancelled my test at the end and gave me a case number and told me to wait. I am not going for Online exam and would go for the refund so that i can apply at test center at eatliest.

If anyone has any info on the process that I should follow and how much time does it take to complete the refund process. Please Help!!

This year is getting weirder and weirder!!

Gagan
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gagan03 wrote:
Hi All

So on 11th december 2020 i gave my GMAT online test and the test was realy weird as the proctor plugged off my test multiple times in the test and disturbed me a lot because he was a not able to see my video while i could see it being recorded in front of me. Anyway the proctor cancelled my test at the end and gave me a case number and told me to wait. I am not going for Online exam and would go for the refund so that i can apply at test center at eatliest.

If anyone has any info on the process that I should follow and how much time does it take to complete the refund process. Please Help!!

Gagan

Hi Gagan,

This is so Scary!!

After reading this I tried reaching out to GMAC to ask if I can change from Online to In Centre and they refused, As per them I have to cancel and re book, which will cost 100 USD!!

How weird is this, for no mistake of our, they are expecting us to pay!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34 (Online)
WE:Project Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
adiforuaditya wrote:
gagan03 wrote:
Hi All

Gagan

Hi Gagan,

This is so Scary!!

After reading this I tried reaching out to GMAC to ask if I can change from Online to In Centre and they refused, As per them I have to cancel and re book, which will cost 100 USD!!

Hi

It was a really really bad experience and 2 of my friends faced the same issue. I am waiting for my refund but GMAC has really messed up the testing, even their test center is offering test only one day in a week.

Gagan
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gagan03 wrote:
adiforuaditya wrote:
gagan03 wrote:
Hi All

Gagan

Hi Gagan,

This is so Scary!!

Hi

It was a really really bad experience and 2 of my friends faced the same issue. I am waiting for my refund but GMAC has really messed up the testing, even their test center is offering test only one day in a week.

Gagan

Agree, test centers doesnt show many slots!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Is the room allowed to have windows? Haven‘t found any info regarding windows of the room...

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Hello everyone..

I am facing a peculiar problem, in which I am unable to take a system trial.
As soon as all the formalities are completed and I click on the launch simulation button. The test doesn't get launched.
I thought that my Laptop was having a problem, when I tried the same in another laptop, I faced the same problem.

If the issue is already posted in the earlier threads, do share the link, as in-centre locations are already filled.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
sebo08 wrote:
dasailton of course! it is just an exam, they don't ask you to imprison yourself

I would not put it past GMAC 😂😂😂

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  156   157   158   159   160  ...  183