GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Sep 2018, 12:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Importance of a lower-tier MIM - and what are my chances?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Importance of a lower-tier MIM - and what are my chances?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 09:27
Hi everyone,

So I'm taking the GMAT next week and have spent the last 8 weeks preparing for it. My target goal is 660 but I'm feeling nervous.

I'm from North America and my main reason for taking the GMAT is (currently) not to get into a top-tier MBA program in Europe, but rather get into a well-respected MIM program that can 'internationalize' my CV, improve my language skills, and open the door to post-graduate work opportunities in Europe.

I'm hoping to get into Esade's MIM program, but in the event I fall short of the requirements, I will be looking at schools that have little/no GMAT requirements. My thinking here is that I can spend 1 year in a European MIM program which will open doors to work in Europe with an MNC following my graduation. While I'm in the MIM program, I'll have time to study and retake the GMAT to improve my chances of getting into a higher ranked European B-school MBA program in the future.

Schools I'm currently looking at are:

A - Nova School of Business and Economics
B - Católica Lisbon School of Business and Economics
C - Toulouse Business School
D - Iéseg School of Management
E - UPF Barcelona School of Management

My background:
- 3.3 GPA at a top 10 Business school in Canada
- International experience via an exchange semester in Sweden
- Varied work experience with government and nonprofit organizations in marketing/economics-related roles.
- Extracurricular highlight: Created a successful University Club on campus + created advertisements for all club events.

Do you think I would be competitive at these schools, given how late it is in the admissions process? And would a MIM from one of these universities likely improve my employability in Western Europe?

Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions on other schools/programs I could apply to it would be greatly appreciated!
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.31
Re: Importance of a lower-tier MIM - and what are my chances?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2018, 15:04
brendenj8 wrote:
Hi everyone,

So I'm taking the GMAT next week and have spent the last 8 weeks preparing for it. My target goal is 660 but I'm feeling nervous.

I'm from North America and my main reason for taking the GMAT is (currently) not to get into a top-tier MBA program in Europe, but rather get into a well-respected MIM program that can 'internationalize' my CV, improve my language skills, and open the door to post-graduate work opportunities in Europe.

I'm hoping to get into Esade's MIM program, but in the event I fall short of the requirements, I will be looking at schools that have little/no GMAT requirements. My thinking here is that I can spend 1 year in a European MIM program which will open doors to work in Europe with an MNC following my graduation. While I'm in the MIM program, I'll have time to study and retake the GMAT to improve my chances of getting into a higher ranked European B-school MBA program in the future.

Schools I'm currently looking at are:

A - Nova School of Business and Economics
B - Católica Lisbon School of Business and Economics
C - Toulouse Business School
D - Iéseg School of Management
E - UPF Barcelona School of Management

My background:
- 3.3 GPA at a top 10 Business school in Canada
- International experience via an exchange semester in Sweden
- Varied work experience with government and nonprofit organizations in marketing/economics-related roles.
- Extracurricular highlight: Created a successful University Club on campus + created advertisements for all club events.

Do you think I would be competitive at these schools, given how late it is in the admissions process? And would a MIM from one of these universities likely improve my employability in Western Europe?

Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions on other schools/programs I could apply to it would be greatly appreciated!

The admissions process from several schools in Europe still has to start. In addition, because you would be an international student, you will be swimming in a different pool of candidates! I think, that if you score 650 or so, you can reach a top 40-50 business school. This is dependent on your story and details of your profile, though! If you can sell your story right, you'd definitely be an option.

For example, have a look at the University of Mannheim (MiM) - highly respected, great school, and their admissions only open early or mid april. Same goes for HHL Leipzig. Benefit to the Mannheim one: Tuition only is fees (€550 a semester or so?) - so really nice double whammy.

Applications:
WHU Otto Beisheim (Fall 2018) - Accepted ($$)
ESADE: MSc in Management (Fall 2018) - Accepted ($)
ESADE: MSc in Global Strategic Management (Fall 2018) - Matriculating ($)

GMAT: 26-4-2017: 710 (91) - Q45 V42
PREP CAT's:
GMAT PREP 1 - April 6, day 1 of studying - 680, Q48 V35
MGMAT Free CAT - April 14, day 8 of studying - 640, Q43 V34
GMAT PREP 2 - April 18, day 12 of studying - 700, Q45 V41
GMAT PREP 3 - April 25, day 19 of studying - 710, Q47 V41

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Importance of a lower-tier MIM - and what are my chances?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2018, 03:26
Hey Brendenj8,

ESADE does not have a very high GMAT requirement. We have even helped people with a lowly 570 GMAT score get into it. So, if you have a good academic profile, an international profile, and good essays that properly highlight your strengths and skills, you can get into ESADE even if its late in the application process, or even with a low 610 or 620 GMAT score. So it is important to focus on your applications.

Rather than those schools, barring Nova, you can look at Skema, IE (ieGAT), or ESMT as backup options. They can be better calls.
So don’t sell yourself short. You seem to have a good profile, so just focus on getting a strong GMAT score and creating strong essays.
If you need help with the application procedure, you can reach out to us.

Check out our All in One service to know more about how we can help you get admission to your dream schools.
Here’s the link to the same: http://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one/

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

Re: Importance of a lower-tier MIM - and what are my chances? &nbs [#permalink] 05 Mar 2018, 03:26

Importance of a lower-tier MIM - and what are my chances?

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap