GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2019, 12:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

In a school election, if each of the 900 voters voted for either Edith

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Math Expert
User avatar
V
Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Posts: 58434
In a school election, if each of the 900 voters voted for either Edith  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2014, 09:38
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

  45% (medium)

Question Stats:

56% (01:19) correct 44% (01:48) wrong based on 99 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

Tough and Tricky questions: Word Problems.



In a school election, if each of the 900 voters voted for either Edith or Jose (but not both), what percent of the female voters in this election voted for Jose?

(1) Eighty percent of the female voters voted for Edith.
(2) Sixty percent of the male voters voted for Jose.



Kudos for a correct solution.

_________________
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Sep 2014
Posts: 96
Re: In a school election, if each of the 900 voters voted for either Edith  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2014, 10:45
1
statement 1: sufficient
If 80% of the females voted for Edith, the other 20% must have voted for Jose.

statement 2: insufficient
We do not know anything about the female voters.

Answer A!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2014
Posts: 51
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GPA: 3.87
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Re: In a school election, if each of the 900 voters voted for either Edith  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2014, 11:21
1
1. 80% of female voters votes for edith. So rest must have voted for Jose.sufficient

2. No information about female voters.


So Ans A
_________________
If you like my posts appreciate them with Kudos :)
Cheers!!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Aug 2010
Posts: 164
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: In a school election, if each of the 900 voters voted for either Edith  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2014, 23:40
Bunuel wrote:

Tough and Tricky questions: Word Problems.



In a school election, if each of the 900 voters voted for either Edith or Jose (but not both), what percent of the female voters in this election voted for Jose?

(1) Eighty percent of the female voters voted for Edith.
(2) Sixty percent of the male voters voted for Jose.



Kudos for a correct solution.



1) Sufficient - 20 % of female voters voted for Jose
2) in sufficient - No connection to female voters

Ans A
_________________
-------------------------------------
Math Expert
User avatar
V
Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Posts: 58434
Re: In a school election, if each of the 900 voters voted for either Edith  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2014, 06:47
Bunuel wrote:

Tough and Tricky questions: Word Problems.



In a school election, if each of the 900 voters voted for either Edith or Jose (but not both), what percent of the female voters in this election voted for Jose?

(1) Eighty percent of the female voters voted for Edith.
(2) Sixty percent of the male voters voted for Jose.



Kudos for a correct solution.


The correct answer is A.
_________________
Non-Human User
User avatar
Joined: 09 Sep 2013
Posts: 13316
Re: In a school election, if each of the 900 voters voted for either Edith  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2018, 11:21
Hello from the GMAT Club BumpBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
_________________
GMAT Club Bot
Re: In a school election, if each of the 900 voters voted for either Edith   [#permalink] 28 Sep 2018, 11:21
Display posts from previous: Sort by

In a school election, if each of the 900 voters voted for either Edith

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne