GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Dec 2019, 05:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Interview Debrief: Johnson Full-Time MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  
Sia Admissions Representative
G
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Interview Debrief: Johnson Full-Time MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 14:53
Article first appeared on Sia Admissions Blog

We recently had the pleasure of helping a client successfully apply to the Johnson Graduate School MBA program and thought it may be helpful to share their interview debrief.

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­_____________________________________________________________________________________

I arrived early as it was easier to get to Ithaka than expected. I spent a lot of time talking to the receptionist. After some time, the admissions coordinator arrived, who walked me to the Assistant Director’s (Chelsea’s) office. While we waited for Chelsea to arrive, we talked about the JV Club and the community at Johnson.

When Chelsea arrived, we made small talk, jokes about the weather, etc. The entire interview kept that warm tone. The conversation was formal, but Chelsea was very relaxed in her approach. Many of the questions I was asked were the same ones we had prepped for in our mock interviews, so I was prepared. I simplified my very technical responsibilities and she did not find it confusing. There were some random topics but we spent a decent amount of time talking about my role and responsibilities. She had only seen my job titles, which do not encompass what I do. I walked her through my promotion, and the increased responsibilities. She asked questions and guided the conversations but I spoke most of the time.

Next we spoke about Johnson. She asked how I connected with the school and the community. Chelsea was curious about my personal interest and asked about the three (3) elements of my leadership style and what would I want the admissions committee to know. The questions were very warm and only seemed probing as far as how things related to my background. I connected much of my answers to my values. She seemed happy with my response and expressed wishes to see me in Ithaka soon.

The interview seemed to be among my easiest. Probably due to the warmth from the get go, and also because I was prepared. The interview was held in their office so it was beneficial to be early. I thanked the receptionist and also sent a follow up email.

Interview location: in person, campus

Interviewer: Assistant Director

Interview type: Semi-formal, but still friendly

Types of question: Focus questions geared toward detailed understanding job function. Leadership style and personal interest questions and they specifically asked what I wanted the admissions team to know about me.

Takeaways: Go in prepared to be asked questions related to your work. There are no tricky questions, but deep thoughtful answers are expected. Be prepared to bring your job to life. Be ready to articulate why you were drawn to Cornell and add color to the application.

Need help preparing for your interview? Reach out to Sia Admissions.
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a complimentary profile evaluation
GMAT Club Bot
Interview Debrief: Johnson Full-Time MBA   [#permalink] 12 Mar 2019, 14:53

Interview Debrief: Johnson Full-Time MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: vinayakvaish, chanjaso