Last visit was: 06 Oct 2024, 02:59 It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 02:59
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Given Kudos: 186
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V32
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi experts,

My name is Snehal.

I was hoping if you could review my profile and provide feedback on same.
I am currently studying for GMAT. I am aiming for MBA in finance. In India I am targeting ISB as I would prefer to go for a 1 year course.

My profile is as below:
I. Education:
SSC - 91%
HSC -85%
BCom - 92%
II. Professional Qualification:
Chartered Accountant
III. Work experience:
I have total 3.5 years of work experience as a Risk & dispute consultant. I have worked with 2 multinational consulting firms - Deloitte and EY
IV. Extra curricular:
I like to swim, trek and run. I have participated in few marathons.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Send PM
Hi experts,

My name is Snehal.

I am currently studying for GMAT. I am aiming for MBA in finance. In India I am targeting ISB as I would prefer to go for a 1 year course.

My profile is as below:
I. Education:
SSC - 91%
HSC -85%
BCom - 92%
Chartered Accountant
III. Work experience:
I have total 3.5 years of work experience as a Risk & dispute consultant. I have worked with 2 multinational consulting firms - Deloitte and EY
IV. Extra curricular:

Send PM
Hi experts,

My name is Snehal.

My profile is as below:
I. Education:
SSC - 91%
HSC -85%
BCom - 92%
Chartered Accountant
III. Work experience:
IV. Extra curricular:

Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Hey there Snehal. You sure got good acads and significant work ex. Just get a good gmat score and work on your essays. All the best

Shantanu
ISB Class of 2018

Snehalpoojari
Hi experts,

My name is Snehal.

My profile is as below:
I. Education:
SSC - 91%
HSC -85%
BCom - 92%
Chartered Accountant
III. Work experience:
IV. Extra curricular:

GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi Snehal

You have a great profile and a very good chance to get into ISB

In terms of competition, In ISB your competition would be against non-engineers , who comprise 25% of the total students. So , chances are bright.

Looking at your brilliant academic record , I am sure it would be very easy for you to get 700 in GMAT , which is the average for ISB.

Since you want to go for MBA in Finance , you can highlight the financial aspects of your work e.g. Financial auditing in the ISB essay 2 : Short and long term goals. This will make your future goals look in sync with your past background and strengthen your application.

If you are admitted to other Schools(known for finance) , you can bring that up in the interview as well.

All the Best !

Posted from my mobile device
Send PM
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
I would really appreciate if you can help me connect with someone who could guide me with essays and mock interviews. I kind of feel lost in these areas and need some mentor who could help me put my thoughts together.

Send PM
Hi Shantanu,

Thanks for your response.
Also, could you help me connect with someone who can guide me in putting my thoughts together for essays and with mock interviews.

Own Kudos [?]: 1614 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Snehalpoojari
Hi experts,

My name is Snehal.

My profile is as below:
I. Education:
SSC - 91%
HSC -85%
BCom - 92%
Chartered Accountant
III. Work experience:
IV. Extra curricular:

Broadly this looks good Snehal. Assuming that the 3.5 years you mention are all post-articleship.
- Your work and grades are decent and should be enough if you can put in a strong app. As a CA, you will be in demand, and judging by past CA clients we have had, a 660+ GMAT is decent enough to put you in contention with a strong application. However, when you are aiming, aim high, for a 700+ score.
- ECA are ok and not outstanding. However, ISB should be ok with these given the rest of your profile.
- As you have some time to go before the ISB application, look into using that time well to add to your profile. Getting a strong GMAT score is top priority, but try to add on the ECA and leadership part as well.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi Guys!

Please evaluate my profile.

10th CBSE N. Delhi : 66.66%
12th Andhra Pradesh Board : 96.5%
B.Tech Mechanical from Andhra University : 76%

I am a Badminton Player, and represented my School and College for various tournaments. Did not win many trophies though.
I have a lot of Merits in the field of Robotics, and won a lot of prizes in Robotics during my college days.
I am working for an NGO, Make a Difference, for more than a year now. I never planned to join the NGO to enhance my profile. However, if it helps my career I will include.

Was the Project Lead in my Final year project, where me fabricated a working model of a self propelling pesticides sprayer with a detailed report of its benefits and test results.

I will gain 3 years of Work Experience in IT from Tech Mahindra by September 2017. I was given the role of Technical Lead by the end of my 2nd Year in Tech Mahindra, and I have completed the project in lesser time than planned, gaining profits for my company. I was awarded a Pat on the Back for the same immediately. Right now I am a Technical Lead in 2 projects, leading and working in both of them simultaneously. I have my H1B VISA raised for this year's intake, but I am planning to give up for my MBA dream.

I have done my schooling in more than 3 states so I am a very adaptable person with a broader mind. My father being an officer Navy, got to travel most the country along with him.

I am already preparing for my GMAT and planning to write it by August 1st week, aiming for 710+. I am scoring 650-660 on an average right now in mocks.

I really want to get into Nanyang Business School or ISB.

Please let me know your views on this and the factors I have to improve myself on.

Thank you very much in advance. :) :) :-D :-D
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1049 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi abhinavvarma34

On the face of it, your profile is a typical "Indian - IT - Male" profile which is a huge pool in B school applications. However, you do have various differentiators such as your achievements in robotics , your work with an NGO and your travel across the country. Ensure that you bring these out in your application essays.

On the GMAT, we believe a 710 is achievable by August if you are hitting 650+ consistently. However, admist all the material, do not forget to formulate your strategy for the test which can lead to even a 70 improvement in your overall score.

Let us know in case you have any further queries. You may visit us at: www.strategy4gmat.com

Good luck!

Regards
Team Strategy4GMAT
MBA Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
mba2017a
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB.

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Female
Xth- 90%
XIIth - 92%
Undergrad- B.Sc. (Hons.) Management from Manchester Business School,UK
GMAT- 650 ( Q-50, V-27, AWA-5, IR-7)

Work Exp
- Joined family business (manufacturing automotive components) as a trainee
- Currently working as a Manager
- will complete 3 years in August 2017

Extra Curricular:
1. President of a society during university
2. Worked part time at university (Student Coordinator, Library Ambassador etc.)

Many Thanks

Hi mba2017a

Your undergrad from the UK and strong academics in school are positives. We would need more information on what you did in your family business, i.e. what was the impact on revenues or profits / how did you expand the business to newer markets etc. in order to assess your profile better. 650 is a decent GMAT score, anything higher would be better. Given, there is time for R1 applications, you might want to consider retaking the GMAT.

Please let us know in case of any queries. You may also visit us at: www.strategy4gmat.com

Regards
Team Strategy4GMAT
MBA Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
ankitmalviya10
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB.

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 87.8%
XIIth - 77.2%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Civil Engg, From NIT Jaipur
CGPA- 8.21/10
GMAT- 640 ( Q-46, V-32, AWA-4, IR-6) - 1st attempt; will be retaking GMAT in June 17 for ISB and targeting 700+

Work Exp
1. Approx 4 years of Overseas experience in Gulf as of Sep 2017 in L&T Construction (a gap of 2 years in between; will write optional essay for that)
- Responsibilities include Scheduling, Delay Analysis, monitoring and reporting

Extra Curricular (not much):
1. Won declamation in school
2. Organised events in College Fest.

Was interviewed this year for ISB, but couldn't make it. Will be asking for feedback from ISB, apart from that where do you think I need to improve.

Many Thanks

Hi Ankit

As you have been interviewed by ISB, your profile definitely makes the cut. While a higher GMAT score would improve your chances, it all boils down to the interview. As ISB alumni, we would like to help you understand what went wrong if you can share your interview experience with us. You may visit us at: www.strategy4gmat.com OR call us at: + 91 7087234600.

Regards
Team Strategy4GMAT
Send PM
Hello all,
Please evaluate my chances of selection in ISB through YLP program. I am in my final year.

Academic background:
10th from CBSE, India: 9.8/10
12th from CBSE, India: 94%/100
B.E from Bits Pilani K.K Birla Goa campus, Goa: 7.5/10
GMAT: Yet to give. Need advice as to what should be my target score in order to make my profile better.

No professional experience but I have done two internships. One in a startup and another in Walmart Labs.

Extra- Curriculars:
1. Captain of College Cricket team
2. Founder of a department. Started a new initiative in college.
3. Manager in the Sponsorship department of campus.

Future plan post MBA: I see myself in a managerial position in an IT firm. I have already bagged an offer from one of IT companies in India.

Please help me understand my strengths and weaknesses for the application and odds for selection.
MBA Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi avj21

Your profile looks solid with a good mix of academic and extra curricular achievements. You definitely need a 700+, 720+ would be ideal. Lets us know in case of any further queries or visit us at www.strategy4gmat.com

Sent from my SM-J700F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 232
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hello Guys,

Kindly evaluate my profile:

10th - 77.8%
12th - 64.8%
B.Tech in Telecommunication Engineering from KIIT University - 7.51/10
GMAT - 700(Q48/V38/AWA5) - 1st attempt.

Work Ex:- 5 Yrs at TCS and due to my excellent performance(A/B throughout Career) I manage multiple roles.
Roles - Oracle Financial Consultant/Data Analyst/Team Lead.
I currently manage a team of 6 developers.
International experience of 6 months and handle multi-cultural clients from various geography(KSA,UK,India,Malaysia etc.).

Extra Curricular:- Instructor (2016 – 2017): Trained 3 batches of fresh hires including a batch of international graduates from Saudi Arabia(40 in one batch) and won an award for excellent mentor-ship.
Won at least 5 awards for various event managements at my current company including directing skits and acting, conducting various study sessions for underprivileged children, arranging blood donation camps (Red-cross certified) etc.
Won 2nd prize in Advertisement competition at company base level
Won social warrior award by Yes Bank for a short film, that I directed and acted in, on a social cause.
Earned Competent Leadership and Competent Communicator certifications from Toastmasters international.
Was VP-Membership (2014-15) and VP-Public Relations (2016) for company Toastmasters Club. During my reign the club grew from a mere 6 members to 40.

Primary Motivation for MBA:- I'm working as data analyst / Oracle functional consultant. So I have experience in enterprise consulting such as finance and supply chain and also have experience in big data analytics. My primary motivation behind MBA is in my day to day job I come across many business jargon and as we do analysis on business requirements, build models and implement ideas. Having business knowledge helps a lot. Analytics is all about linking company strategy/growth interest to their data and its insights. So without business operation knowledge I am kinda lost in between now. My primary motivation for MBA is to understand the business processes so that I can conceptualize data science projects and link them to company interests and build/manage healthy data science teams. I aim to bring by technical knowledge in analytics and amalgamate it with business knowledge so that I can communicate my findings.

Post MBA goal: I see myself as a Product Manager in Data field(Advanced Analytics by McKinsey, Knowledge Science by Bain, and just Data Analyst/Science by google, amazon, Deloitte, Accenture)

Long term goal:- Founding my own data science company to help businesses of future - data science, AI, self driving cars, Virtual reality, augmented reality.

Schools targeting - Am mainly targeting one year programs as am already good at statistics/analytical tools and their application. Schools are: ISB, IVEY, INSEAD, Oxford Said, Cambridge Judge etc.(primary target ISB and INSEAD).

Reason why I can't GMAT again : - I want to take GMAT again but currently I am working double time. I am working for my company while also developing Financial trading models for my data project. Next I have planned to model a marketing strategy for luxury products. While I understand a higher GMAT score will add more value to my application, I will not be able to complete and showcase my data product models if I again devote time to GMAT.
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [1]
Given Kudos: 186
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
wings.ap
Hello Guys,

Kindly evaluate my profile:

10th - 77.8%
12th - 64.8%
B.Tech in Telecommunication Engineering from KIIT University - 7.51/10
GMAT - 700(Q48/V38/AWA5) - 1st attempt.
Schools targeting - Am mainly targeting one year programs as am already good at statistics/analytical tools and their application. Schools are: ISB, IVEY, INSEAD, Oxford Said, Cambridge Judge etc.(primary target ISB and INSEAD).

Reason why I can't GMAT again : - I want to take GMAT again but currently I am working double time. I am working for my company while also developing Financial trading models for my data project. Next I have planned to model a marketing strategy for luxury products. While I understand a higher GMAT score will add more value to my application, I will not be able to complete and showcase my data product models if I again devote time to GMAT.

Hi Wings,

You seem to be right on track with regards to the MBA applications. A good profile, awareness of your strengths and weaknesses and realization on why you need an MBA. In an ideal case I'd ask you to retake the GMAT, but your reason for not taking it seems valid.

A 700 GMAT can fly if the rest of your application is rock solid - you have the nuggets, you need to lay them out well. Execution of a competitive application will be super important.

Feel free to share your resume with us and we can also take time out for a discussion about your candidature.
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi,

kindly review my profile
10th-71
12th-72
grad-8.93(SRM UNIVERSITY)
Work Ex-2.3 Years(Wipro Tech as Database Developer)
Currently with KPMG as Associate Consultant
Gmat-(To give)
Achievement:
1.Organised events at College
2.Was a part of 2 R&D projects in College
3.Received Inspiring Performer award in Wipro
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  25   26   27   28   29  ...  307