Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:35 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2411 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations WinwinMBA......
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 108 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats WinwinMBA. Look forward to your prep story
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 579 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations WinWin. We are very happy for you. Another GMATClubber slays the beast.

Tell us about the verbal section. What kind of questions did you get during the first 10. How many SC's, CR's and RC's. Also tell us a little bit about the type of SC's. How much time did you have during the last 10 questions. Did you feel like the verbal test got easier at some point, like some where in the middle or something.

Tell us as much as you possibly can remember about the GMAT verbal.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 862 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
:lol: :-D Congrats, you did it, buddy, thanks for all the wonderful CR questions.

Originally posted by DLMD on 28 Jun 2005, 08:31.
Last edited by DLMD on 28 Jun 2005, 11:13, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 727 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats WinWinMBA. Well done.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Thanks ! [#permalink]
Thanks to eveybody for the congratulations. I'm tending to things which have been neglected due to my GMAT studies but promise to write up a detailed report plus upload some of the verbal materials to share with everybody here. Stay tuned !
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 255 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great score for great postings.

all the best........................ :cool
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great job winwinmba! Very happy for you and wish you all the best. Do come back when you'll have more time to tell us more :good
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 661 [0]
 Q49  V35
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations!! You lived up to your name!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Gosh, where do I start.... [#permalink]
It’s a relief to be done with GMAT. It really is. For much of past 3 months, my life has been turned upside down with GMAT preparation taking precedence over so many other things. So glad to put it behind me.

First of all, some background info. I’m older than many of you here, with college 8 years behind me. Even though I went to a name school, my undergraduate grades were average at best, if not downright mediocre. So there is an added sense of urgency to excel on GMAT to make it up. I don’t quite have the luxury to wait some more years, I figure if I want to do my MBA, it’s now or never. Truth be told, I had started thinking seriously about MBA 3 or 4 years ago, but the usual mix of workload and laziness got in the way. I had picked up Kaplan’s 2002 and worked through many lessons (both on the books and on the CD-rom) but I never worked up the momentum to actual get into the test mode and to actually take the GMAT. I also bought the OG 10th edition, which ended up gathering dust for a good part of past 3 years with most sections untouched.

Fast forward to 2005, I started preparing in mid-Feb. It took me over another month to finish all the questions in the OG. I also worked through Gmat Advantage with Prof Dave (book + CD), which I feel is written more for the middle-achievers as the questions are very mundane and not so challenging. It’s a good book though for somebody who has time and who is real rusty with basics, as this books explain the solutions and strategies in detail.

Then towards mid-March, I started scouting out some websites for GMAT info and preparation tips. Here are some links I have found helpful:

https://www.testmagic.com/gmat/
https://gmattutor.com/
https://www.ascenteducation.com/india-mb ... 2002.shtml
https://www.gmatclub.com/content/courses ... ations.php

Initially, I kept shuttling between ScoreTop (https://www.scoretop.com/forum//default.asp) and the GMAT Club. Soon I realized the GMAT Club has a much deeper reserve of talent and goodwill. Some people are just amazingly clever and smart ! Basically, for the past two months, I have used the Math and Verbal forums here extensively. Almost every morning, I would log in to the site and read a few posts here and there and work through the posted problems whenever time permitted. I obtained a lot of GMAT/GRE/LSAT verbals (SC, CR and RC) which doanloaded from other websites and began to work through them on a daily basis. As only OA’s but no OE’s were given, I then posted most of the questions I did wrong/didn’t fully understand. As you can see from the number of (mostly) CR’s I posted on the verbal forum, I got a lot of them wrong !!

After finishing the OG, I noted all the ones I got wrong and decided to set them aside to re-test those after having studied other sources so I wouldn’t have remembered/memorized the OA’s and render the exercise pointless.

By late May, I felt that I had pretty much everything under my belt. And took the free full-length practice test on the Princeton Review’s website. I scored 740 (Q50/V43) and felt confident, though I had the feeling that the quantitative part was not hard enough. After studying some more, I took CAT Test 1 on the Kaplan CD and PANICKED !! The math was so hard/tricky that I had to skip and guess quite a few questions. The verbal wasn’t easy either. I ended up getting a 650. I realized that I had time management issues. Fearing that I was getting over-confident and needing some computer-based practice, I shelled out $149 for Kaplan’s online Qbank (https://www.kaptest.com/repository/templ ... qbank.html) There are exactly 1,001 questions in the Qbank among Q/V sections and you can program the number of questions and difficulty level for each practice under a strictly-timed condition. I found this feature to be its single best asset as it conditions me to the actual testing mode. Not only that, they only give you an average of 1.2 min per question, so you are pressured to sharpen both speed and accuracy, two crucial attributes for high GMAT scores. I would program 10-30 question on each practice. In the beginning, I was regularly scoring only 60-70% because I often ran out of time. Towards the end, I was hitting between 80-90%. What I also liked about Qbank is that it explains each question choice in great detail. For example, each RC passage is followed with a “Road Mapâ€
Attachments

2004-10-25_215811_GMAT_SC.doc [1.37 MiB]
Downloaded 296 times

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Thanks for sharing your experience! [#permalink]
Excellent posting, WinWinMBA. Congratulations and thanks for sharing your GMAT experience :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Answers to Posted File [#permalink]
Thanks so much and Congrats to you !!!! It is such a courageous effort, marked with determination and hardwork, and most importantly with so much sincerity. I can really understand your comments about the CR in LSAT books, they just fly above my head most of the times.

Also, I downloaded the files that you posted. Looking at the last SC file, Is there any way to get the answers to the posted SC file ?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
[#permalink]
awsome score....well deserved
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Answer keys [#permalink]
Ghunoo wrote:

Also, I downloaded the files that you posted. Looking at the last SC file, Is there any way to get the answers to the posted SC file ?

Ah, open the file (in Microsoft Word), to to "Tools", then "Options" and click on "Hidden Test" and the answer to each will show up in blue.

This method applies to all 3 files, though the RC also has neatly arranged answers on the bottom of the file.

Please note only OA's are given. Use this Club to post/dicuss ones you don't understand so everybody can participate and benefit.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats WinWinMBA,GRET SCORE!GREAT ADVICE!
Can you share some of KAP Qbank in this forum.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
BULLdoser wrote:
Congrats WinWinMBA,GRET SCORE!GREAT ADVICE!
Can you share some of KAP Qbank in this forum.

It's not possible to copy and paste as the questions pop up on a separate "non-copiable, non-downable" screen.

But I can assure you that the Kaplan questions are far harder than the actual GMAT, which bear much more resemblance to the OG 10th edition. Study this hard and you'll be fine. Good luck !
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats and thanks for all the materials...
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37297 posts