Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 03:47 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: MBA Profile evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
sam6646 wrote:
Pakistani Male. Age bracket when applying 28-31

Undergrad:
Bsc Accouting and Finance from LUMS (Premier Business School in Pakistan)--2.32/4 CGPA

Work Experience:
4 years WE when matriculating. Started my career in consulting, did multiple projects in public and private sector space for a year. Worked on creating financial models, writing sector diagnostics, and advising clientele on where and how to invest, along conventional management consulting practices
Transitioned towards strategy and corporate finance in startups. Started off in the Q-Commerce space, with corporate finance and strategy and planning vertical. Worked on the company financial model, built business cases for investment, made analyses for the C-suite for cost reduction and revenue generation. The startup shut down before we could close series C. Changed to a US based foodtech and work nature remained pretty much the same, with the addition of pricing strategy for different types of customers. Joined a US based fintech in 2023 and have worked in raising $20M series B, and $60M warehouse financing. Scope of the work remained the same with the addition of portfolio management, asset sales, and innovating new strategies to revamp product.

GRE:
331/340 (164 Verbal and 167 Quant), converts to a 740 GMAT

Extra-Curricular:
1.Director Logistics for MUN society in undergrad.
2.Member of Football Team (played 6 fixtures and one regional tournament over the course of undergrad)
3. Pro-bono career counselling for recent undergraduates
4. Managing personal savings portfolio by investing in commodities and FX and earned 32.9% ROI

Recommendors:
1. Ex-CFO of the largest Q-Commerce startup in Pakistan, Ex-MBB IESE MBA Alum and running own consulting firm
2. Co-Founder of a Series B US based fintech and leading the finance and product vertical, Stanford Alum

Post-MBA target industries: ( in terms of preference)
1. IB and Advisory
2. Investment Management
3. Strategy Consulting

Long Term Goal:
Joining a startup in a C-Level Position or starting my own venture

Plan to apply for MBA class starting Fall 2025, can I break LBS? also if I could get feedback regarding Oxford, Imperial, HEC Paris, NYU Stern, Ross, Cornell, and Chicago Booth
Additonally, if I could get some target, achievable and safe schools would be great!

Hello sam6646,

Thanks for writing in.

You have a competitive profile for LBS, HEC Paris, and Oxford. For the likes of Ross, Cornell, and Booth (particularly since you will be applying in Round 2), we would recommend that you apply with a higher GRE score.

All the best!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: MBA Profile evaluation [#permalink]