Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 00:09 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 00:09
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10213 [29]
Given Kudos: 4553
Test: Test
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 413 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 3.19
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
abhasin99 wrote:
Hi, I would like to get my profile evaluated for MiM
1- 21yo, Financial Market Graduate- 9/10CGPA from Mumbai university
2- current GMAT is around 560 (can be improved )
3- IELTS 7
4- No official work ex but diversified extra-curricular:
1- Cultural Secretary + Secretary-General of the college
2- Student Council member for 3 years
3- Appreciation letters from CRY and NSS

Hey abhasin99,

To begin with, you have an impressive GPA, which showcases your academic prowess, however, while your grades do play an important part, you should highlight your extracurricular activities and other endeavors because AdComs are looking for applicants with holistically developed profiles.
For your extracurricular activities, your achievements and leadership roles as the Secretary General of the college, as the Cultural Secretary and as a student council member showcase your leadership skills and ability to take on initiatives. Since such roles are usually accompanied by a lot of allied learning experiences, you should dig deeper into this aspect and bring out varied skills in your profile.

You also have two social volunteering endeavors from NSS and CRY which are great value additions as this showcases your ability to take up initiatives, impact others, and empathize with other people. B-schools are looking for applicants that are future leaders and such experiences and qualities most certainly vouch for your capabilities and strengthen your application.
As far as your internship and work experience goes, since you do not have any such experience in your profile currently, I would suggest you take up some internships in your field of interest. This would showcase your pro activeness and your initiative to work towards your goals and apply your learnings practically.

As for your GMAT, your overall score is on the lower end and for most of the management courses it is one of the referencing points, so since you are open to boosting your score further, I would recommend that you retake the GMAT to improve your score and aim for an overall score of 690 and above to increase your chances at the top business schools.

Overall you have a pretty great profile and with a 690 and above GMAT score you could be targeting MiM at most of the top business schools. Hence some of the top schools you could be targeting according to different categories are:

Dream: HEC, INSEAD, LBS, LSE, Duke
Competitive: ESSEC, ESCP, FSFM, IE, ESADE
Safe: EDHEC, Grenoble, Skema

To summarize, while you have a competitive profile, you need to be aware that you will face competition from applicants having similar or maybe even better profiles, thus, to increase your chances of getting admitted to these schools you would need to ensure that you have a very strong application (consisting of - Essays, LORs and Resume) to back your profile. You need to showcase your journey, what makes you different from your peers and how you are a great value addition to the school.

Thus, to give you more guidance on your career opportunities, I would suggest you follow the link below to Book a Free Consulting call to connect with one of our founders to gain more insights into the programs you could be targeting, which schools are feasible for you according to your profile.

https://www.mim-essay.com/book-an-appointment-form/

Hope this helped!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
zeus1799 wrote:
Hello everyone, if possible I would like to have a profile evaluation

-Nationality: Indian

-Cumulative work experience: Approximately 5 months of full-time internship in Marketing for notable MNCs.

-Graduated with a 3.8 GPA in BSc Biotechnology. (2020)

-GMAT score (2020): 730(Q50V39)

-Several certifications in business studies and professional analytic tools (SAS)

-Co-authored a research paper that is published in the Asian Journal of Psychiatry

-Numerous extracurricular activities and leadership roles including (School captain, Team leader, Division representative, etc)

Targeted B-schools: MiMs in HEC Paris, London Business School, Imperial College, ESSEC, ESADE, Bocconi

Note: I got into the MiM programme at Imperial for 2020 (on the basis of my undergraduate marks) but chose not to attend due to the pandemic.

I am unsure of which institutions i have a competitive chance to try for that are the best.
Thank you in advance

Hey zeus1799,

To start off with the strong suits of your profile, your GPA of 3.8 GPA is very impressive and showcases your academic prowess.
In addition to this, another significant aspect that schools focus on is extracurricular activities as they are looking for a holistically developed profile. Hence, it is essential to shed some light on the endeavours taken up at any clubs, associations, sports, fest, or events you managed or participated in during your undergraduate. Volunteering initiatives, certifications, or internships undertaken during the course of your study would also count towards your extracurricular initiatives. So, make sure you emphasize on what events you have led, what were your roles and responsibilities, what were your major takeaways. Elaborating them in your profile will showcase a holistically developed profile and would vouch for you being an apt candidate for the school.

Moving to your professional front, you have interned for 5 months in Marketing which is a good element to showcase your drive towards transitioning towards management. Make sure you explain and highlight the major projects of your work and how these experiences helped to develop and further groom your skills and knowledge. Additionally, you ought to highlight how you have gone beyond your role, initiatives taken up, and any kind of impact created to establish a connection with your goals, and portray the knowledge gained from these experiences. Explaining all this can be a differentiator for you, and help you stand out in a crowd.

To boost your profile, you can further highlight volunteering activities to showcase responsibilities taken up and the impacts created by you. This will help portray the socially responsible side of your personality and convince the adcoms of your abilities to be a great future leader. I’d suggest you begin working on this aspect if you lack experience in this sector.

Speaking of your GMAT score, 730 with Quant 50 and Verbal 39 opens the door for most of the top B-schools in the world.

Coming to the schools that you wish to target, HEC Paris and LBS come under the dream category whereas Bocconi, Imperial, ESSEC and ESADE could be clubbed under the competitive category. To explain your chances of getting accepted, you'd have a 40-50% chance of getting into dream schools and 60-70% in competitive schools. That said, you have already made a safe bet by going with the mixed category of schools. Here are a few options that I believe would be a great fit for your profile:

DREAM: INSEAD, NYU
COMPETITIVE: ESCP, FSFM, WHU, IE

Lastly, while you have a good profile, you need to be aware that you will be facing competition from equally good or even better profiles, which is why, you need to compliment your profile with a strong application that includes essays, letter of recommendation, statement of purpose, and resume that highlights all your strong suits, gives reasoning for the weaknesses and displays how you’d be a good addition to the cohort. As a matter of fact, your application can boost your chances of acceptance by 3x!

On this note, if you have any further queries, I would suggest you take up our FREE consultation call where we can help you figure out the best course of action for you to realize your goal of bagging an admit into these elite b-schools. We’ve helped 2500+ applicants so far, and we’d love for you to be next!

Link for the FREE Consultation call-

https://www.mim-essay.com/book-an-appointment-form/­­­­­­­­­­­­­
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi, wanted to have my profile evaluated :

I am a 22 years old French student
I graduated (in may) from sorbonne university with a bachelor degree in History of Arts and Archaeology with high honors
I planned on going to Japan for a year to improve my japanese but covid decide otherwise so now i'm getting as much work experience as I can
my grades were 13.3/20 the first two years and 15.5/20 the third year (it would apparently translate to a gpa between 3.33/4.0 and 4.0/4.0)
I plan on getting around 650-700 on the GMAT (or 370-400 on the french equivalent Tage Mage)
I did two 1 month internship in archaeology during my degree. Aside from those experiences I did translation from english to french during 6 month (basically I translated manga and other asian comics so french people could read them)
I plan on working in cultural management in France or elsewhere
My target schools are EM LYON and EDHEC for MiM (Programme Grande Ecole) (that's all I have in mind but honestly not sure If my profile would fit)

thank you for your time, I know that my profile is rather unusual but would be happy if you could counsel me :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 188
GMAT 1: 590 Q36 V35
Send PM
Kudos
Hello members, I am targeting MiM schools in EU and I am planning to go for round 3. I aim to get into schools such as HEC, INSEAD, ESSEC and ESCP

My profile :
- Male Engineer graduate from one of the a private college in India, CGPA:7.6/10
- Published a research paper with Elsevier
- Obtained full sponsorship from home college to pursue the final semester project from USA
- Received "Achievers Award"(from home college) for exemplary performance at National event
- Chaired and lead 2 student chapters during my bachelors
- Few technical projects including 3-D printing
- A few other extra curricular activities which can be used to highlight leadership and team work

I am planning to give my GMAT in Mid - January and might score around 650+- 20
I wanted to know what are my chances of getting into those colleges as I have a average academic history but I believe I have a plus with the international experience, research paper and extra curricular activities.

Please provide your valuable feedback
Thankyou
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1140 [0]
Given Kudos: 1770
GPA: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
harshkhatri111 wrote:
Hello members, I am targeting MiM schools in EU and I am planning to go for round 3. I aim to get into schools such as HEC, INSEAD, ESSEC and ESCP

My profile :
- Male Engineer graduate from one of the a private college in India, CGPA:7.6/10
- Obtained full sponsorship from home college to pursue the final semester project from USA
- Received "Achievers Award"(from home college) for exemplary performance at National event
- A few other extra curricular activities which can be used to highlight leadership and team work

I wanted to know what are my chances of getting into those colleges as I have a average academic history but I believe I have a plus with the international experience, research paper and extra curricular activities.

Thankyou

Hi harshkhatri111,

Thanks for reaching out.

It isn't so easy to predict your chances based on the information that you gave me.

Many people applying to these programs will also have backgrounds with international experience, so during your application process make sure to decide how you are going to emphasise yours so that it stands out.

I highly highly suggest you check out our free MBA chances estimation calculator. It's a great tool and will really help you gain a better understanding of your chances.

Or feel free to send us an email at Shimri@ARINGO.com

Good luck,
Georgia
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hello,

23, Indian IT Male,

Graduated in BTech IT from the top Public State run University in my State with a GPA of 8.18

Will be appearing for my GMAT in H1, 2021 expecting a score from 680-720.

I am currently working for Deloitte consulting as a Cloud Engineer, and have worked in Google Cloud, Azure and AWS
Internship at IFCI(Industrial Finance Corporation of India) as a Database Engineer
Internship at a Startup in the field of GIS(Geographic Information System)
Project on Energy Optimization in Wireless Sensor Network Using Machine Learning
In my time at my company, I've worked with multiple high profile clients, including but not limited to US Gov, major healthcare company in the US and a leading Fast Food chain.

I was an active member of the Dramatics society of my university and have represented at multiple National level events and won a few Inter-College events at State Level. I have also mentored students at the society for competitions. I was also the part of Entrepreneurship Cell at our University and have helped organize and co-ordinate multiple events. I am also currently a member of the Literary Club core committee at my company.

I am looking for admission into good universities in the branch MiM for Information Systems.

What are my chances of getting into a good school?
I am preferably looking for schools in UK/EU but am open to US as well
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
harshkhatri111 wrote:

My profile :

Thankyou

Hey harshkhatri111,

Firstly I would like to start off by saying that you have a pretty decent profile.

To commence your profile evaluation, I would say that your academic background is quite strong. Your GPA of 7.6 not only displays your academic prowess but also opens a lot of opportunities and doors to top business schools for you.

Your academic background further gets bolstered by the achievers award and the research paper which highlight the depths of your knowledge in the domain and authenticate your great academic skills. Moreover, getting a scholarship to pursue a semester abroad not only further adds praise to your academic achievements but also adds international experience to your profile which highlights your broadened perspective.

You have undertaken a fair share of extracurricular activities as well. Leading student chapter displays your leadership and management skills while technical projects highlight your capability to put theoretical knowledge into practice. To complement this section further, you can take up volunteering activities and certifications such as online MOOCs to showcase your passion towards business and management.

Coming onto your GMAT score, with the kind of schools you are targeting you need to score at least 710 to be able to target schools such as HEC and INSEAD.

Given your school choices, HEC and INSEAD fall under the dream category which means that have an acceptance rate of 8-15%. Hence, you stand a 40-50% chance of getting into the program. Rest of the schools fall under the upper competitive category, meaning you stand a 60-70% chance of acceptance here.

Given your decent profile, you can target some other schools such as:

Dream: LBS, LSE,
Competitive: TCD, WHU, EDHEC, Cass Imperial, IE etc
Safe: University of Bath, Lancaster, IESEG, Skema etc.

All said and done, another important aspect that you need to focus on is to craft a strong application that compliments your decent profile. A strong application holds 30% of weightage in the entire admission process and as you would be competing with other candidates with similar strong profiles, it becomes imperative that you craft an application that successfully highlights not only your calibre but also your potential to add value to the school.

To summarize, a good GMAT coupled with strong essays and an early application should help you get into your target schools.

Lastly, since the major chances of your admission depend on the quality of your application, you might want to seek professional help to secure your spot in your target schools. That said, you can check our All-in-One Solution to gain insights into how we can assist in creating a strong application.
Link for the ALL-IN-ONE solutions-

https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one

Hope this helped!
Current Student
Send PM
Hi, I'd like to have a profile evaluation-
1.Nationality:India
2.Age & Sex:21 male
3.Graduation: SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur (B.Tech- Computer Science Engineering)
4.CGPA: 7.96 (Percentage:84.26)
5.10th Board(ICSE):92.5%
6.12th Board(ISC):91.5%
7.GMAT: 680(in Mock test, aiming for 720+)
8.TOEFL: Will be giving
8.Work Experience:0
9.Extra curricular:
-Have done industrial training in machine learning
-Won 3rd place in Inter-State drawing competition
-Done multiple online courses from Coursera(some of them are Machine Learning,PHP,SQL,Data Analytics for business)
-Published research paper on "Personality prediction(2020)"

I am thinking of applying to these universities Warwick ,Manchester(Alliance), Cranfield , University of Edinburg, CEMS and British Columbia. Kindly evaluate my profile and inform what are my chances of getting into them. I am also open to suggestions regarding other universities.

Thanks in advance
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1140 [0]
Given Kudos: 1770
Send PM
Expert Reply
xxZero wrote:
3.Graduation: SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur (B.Tech- Computer Science Engineering)
4.CGPA: 7.96 (Percentage:84.26)
9.Extra curricular:
-Done multiple online courses from Coursera(some of them are Machine Learning,PHP,SQL,Data Analytics for business)

I am thinking of applying to these universities Warwick ,Manchester(Alliance), Cranfield , University of Edinburg, CEMS and British Columbia. Kindly evaluate my profile and inform what are my chances of getting into them. I am also open to suggestions regarding other universities.

Thanks in advance

Hi xxZero,

Thank you for reaching out.

Some of the schools that you are applying to do not require GMAT scores, however, since you do not have any work experience, a relatively high GMAT score will benefit your candidacy greatly. Your high CGPA should help also.

When are you planning on starting a program? Have you considered doing an internship before you begin studying?

Feel free to reach out to us at shimriw@aringo.com, where we can help give you a more in depth analysis.

Georgia
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
Send PM
Would love to have my profile evaluated! Thank you in advance :)

Background and nationality
Italian, living in the UK. Have travelled extensively throughout my life (Lived in 4 different countries). Trilingual. International Baccalaureate high school diploma.

Undergrad Information
BSc Business Management. First Class Average (4.00/4.00 Equivalent). Received scholarship for being in top 10% of the cohort.
At a Top 15 school in the UK. School is much more well known, and better ranked, for its MSc/MBA programs.
Completed my entire 2nd year at Ross School of Business, University of Michigan. (3.92/4.00 GPA)

GMAT/GRE
Will be taking the GMAT in ~1 month. Scored a 660 with no familiarity of the content whatsoever just over a month ago.
Very confident that I can score, at the very least, 720.

Work experience and leadership
Recent internship at a top tech firm (FANG).
Teacher assistant at Ross.
Worked part-time for 6 months at a private equity startup in London
Co-President of the largest society on my campus
Captain of high school football team

Community and others
Have taken part in several volunteering events over the past few years
Member of 2 societies/clubs

Post Master goals
Already have a return offer for a full-time position in tech. Might want to veer into management consulting. Strongly considering a deferred-MBA application next year. Having an MBB sponsorship for that would be nice.

Other:
For what it's worth, I've had a 1-to-1 conversation with admissions officer from Imperial College, who said that my profile is very strong, and is just missing a solid GMAT score + good essays.
My main target is LBS, with Imperial/LSE as a close second choice. Would be great to know what you think my chances are, and what you think I should improve. Thank you!

MiMEssay :)

Originally posted by flymango on 17 Nov 2020, 05:50.
Last edited by flymango on 18 Nov 2020, 08:13, edited 4 times in total.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sunnn wrote:
Hi, wanted to have my profile evaluated :

I am a 22 years old French student
I graduated (in may) from sorbonne university with a bachelor degree in History of Arts and Archaeology with high honors
I planned on going to Japan for a year to improve my japanese but covid decide otherwise so now i'm getting as much work experience as I can
my grades were 13.3/20 the first two years and 15.5/20 the third year (it would apparently translate to a gpa between 3.33/4.0 and 4.0/4.0)
I plan on getting around 650-700 on the GMAT (or 370-400 on the french equivalent Tage Mage)
I did two 1 month internship in archaeology during my degree. Aside from those experiences I did translation from english to french during 6 month (basically I translated manga and other asian comics so french people could read them)
I plan on working in cultural management in France or elsewhere
My target schools are EM LYON and EDHEC for MiM (Programme Grande Ecole) (that's all I have in mind but honestly not sure If my profile would fit)

thank you for your time, I know that my profile is rather unusual but would be happy if you could counsel me :)

Hi Sunnn,

First and foremost, you have a very unique academic background which can act as a differentiating factor in your profile. Your GPA score is also quite decent which showcases your academic prowess. Moreover, you have mentioned that you are aiming for a 650-700 in your GMAT which is exactly what you should be targeting. On a side note, if you want to increase your chances of getting into a top-notch school then you should definitely aim for a minimum of 690+.

Coming to your professional experiences, you have mentioned that you have internship experience for a period of one month in the archaeology domain which is a completely different field altogether. Thus, you can utilize this unconventional background of yours and mould it in your favour by highlighting the various projects you undertook, skills and learnings you gained from the same. Additionally, you have also mentioned that you have worked as french translator for 6 months which again provides you with an upper hand since you are applying for B-schools located in France. This diverse set of work experience is definitely praiseworthy and makes you stand out from the crowd. However, since you will still be facing a lot of competition from applicants who have worked in the big four companies like KPMG, EY, DELOITTE and PWC, you need to elaborate on the intensity of your work experience and the learnings you’ve had along the way. In addition to this, I would suggest you take up certain online certifications from coursera relevant to the field you wish to build your career in as it will vouch for your proactive skills and constant thirst for knowledge.

Furthermore, you haven’t given any information regarding your extracurricular participations which is an integral part of your profile since schools are looking for a holistically developed profile. However, to give you a brief idea of how to go about this, you can talk about the clubs and associations you were involved in, the teams you led, certifications you undertook and most importantly your volunteering activities along with NGOs. This will basically highlight your soft skills paired with your social skills which can ultimately vouch for the budding leader within you.

Now talking about the schools that you are targeting for the MiM program, they all come under the safe category school ( where your chances of acceptance is 70-80%). However, I would suggest you target a good mix of dream, competitive and safe category schools most preferably in France as mentioned below:
Under dream category schools ( where your chances are 40-50%) you can target schools such as HEC Paris, INSEAD.
Under the competitive category school ( where chances of acceptance are 50-60%) you can consider ESSEC and ESCP.
Under the safe category you can also look at SKEMA and ISEG.

All in all, you need to pay extra attention to your application which consists of your Essay, LOR and Resume as they carry 30% of an impact on your chances of bagging an admit. Having said that, we suggest you to Book a Free consulting session with one of our consultants who will help you plan a winning strategy on how to enhance and present your unique academic background to work in your favour and also how to highlight your strengths and overshadow the particular weaknesses in your profile through tried and tested method, that have helped over hundreds of similar applicants win an admit from the top ranked B-schools worldwide!

Below you will find the link to book a 20-minute FREE consulting call with our expert consultants.

Hope this helped!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
xxZero wrote:
4.CGPA: 7.96 Percentage:84.26
9.Extra curricular:

Thanks in advance

Hi xxZero,

Glancing at your profile, your potential CGPA of 7.96 definitely showcases your stronghold in the academic front. However, in addition to this, your extracurricular participations are equally important as schools are looking for a holistically developed profile.
Having said that, you have mentioned some extracurricular activities but nothing very significant. Thus you need to dig deeper into this and focus on highlighting how you went above and beyond in your endeavors and how you will be a great value addition to the school. To give you a brief idea of how to go about with this, you can maybe talk about the clubs and associations you were involved in, the teams you led, certifications you undertook and most importantly your volunteering activities along with NGOs. This will basically showcase your constant thirst for knowledge and growing your horizons. It will also highlight your soft skills paired with your social skills which can ultimately vouch for the budding leader within you.

Additionally I would also suggest you to take up some core finance certifications such as CFA, FRM or any regular finance course on coursera or udemy.

Coming on to your work experience, I would most certainly push you to take up an internship in finance as having relevant practical experience is quite often considered as a prerequisite for MFin.

Now talking about your GMAT score, your target score of 720 will allow you to target most of the top-notch B-schools. Considering the fact that you are applying for a masters in finance, you have to showcase your competency in the field of finance by getting a good quant score which basically means you should aim for a minimum of 49+ in the Quant section.

Coming now to the schools that you’re targeting, all of them come under the competitive category which means you have a 60-70% chance of acceptance.

That said, you can also widen your options and apply to the LBS MFA program which can be clubbed under the dream category, meaning you have a 50% chance of acceptance.

All in all, you need to pay extra attention to your application which consists of your Essay, Lor and Resume as they carry 30% of an impact on your chances of bagging an admit. Having said that, we suggest you to Book a Free consulting session with one of our consultants who will help you plan a winning strategy on how to justify your inclination towards finance and how to highlight your strengths and overshadow the particular weaknesses in your profile through tried and tested methods that have helped over hundreds of similar applicants win an admit from the top ranked B-schools worldwide!

Below you will find the link to book a 20-minute FREE consulting call with our expert consultants.

Hope this helped!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM