Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:59 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [29]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools: ISB'22
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Hi , I would like to receive profile evaluation. I am planning to apply for HEC Paris, London Business School, University of Mannheim and Schulich School of Business . (Would be glad if you can suggest be some good colleges in Canada and UK for MIM)

My profile:
23 year old Man from India.

I'm graduated my Bachelor in Technology, Computer Science in 2019 from Punjabi University - (State Govt University) with a GPA of 4.00/4.00 (translated in English/American system);

GMAT score 660 (Q47, V34)(2nd Attempt)

Work Experience
1) In 2018, started my own Digital Marketing Firm. In total of 1.5 years of experience as Managing Director(counting the experience after graduation)

2) Had a 2 months internship in the first year of my college in a Digital Marketing Startup

3) Have also worked at CM office Punjab as a social media intern (Have no certificate of it though as the internship was a part of elections)

Extracurricular activities
1) Vice President of Entrepreneurship Club in my University

2) Project Manager at AIESEC. (an international youth-run, non-governmental and not-for-profit organization that provides young people with leadership development, cross-cultural internships, and global volunteer exchange experiences. )

3) Played for my School's National Level Athletics for Discus Throw

4) Participated in MUN

5) Have actively participated in NGO

6) Certifications from Udemy for Digital Marketing
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
hi i would like to have profile evaluation;

Nationality / Age: 21
GMAT/GRE Score: not yet given
GPA / Work experience: 5.85( currently in 2md year)
Educational Background: ba in English from delhi university
Master program(s) you are applying to?: mim
intrested in lse, imperial, kings, etc.
kindly suggest some b schools matching my profile too
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
valmorales37 wrote:
PROFILE EVALUATION
Program: MiM
B-Schools: HEC Paris, LBS, ESSEC, Esade, Duke Fuqua

22 year old, Female, Colombian, USA nationality (1st gen born in the US)

Undergraduate Education:
-B.S. in Statistics from top 5 public school (UCLA)
-GPA 3.63
-Honors College
-received the True Bruin Distinguished Senior scholarship

GMAT:
-aiming for 710+

Work Experience
-8mo data support internship at the New York Film Academy

Leadership experience:
-4 years in the Student Alumni Association (digital media director, retreat director, member relations director, media marketing assistant director)
-2 years as a peer learning assistant
-2 years as a library outreach associate & tour guide
-2 years as a member of the UCLA Spirit Squad & media marketing director for the squad
-1 year in UCLA Radio

Recommendations:
-from Professor UCLA Honors Program/Dean of General Education at NYFA
-from Vice President of Institutional Research at NYFA
-if needed I could most likely get a recommendation from the Associate Vice Chancellor for Alumni Affairs at UCLA

International exposure:
-none really (which is why I'm applying internationally) but I can get my Colombian citizenship if it would help
-fluent in English & Spanish

Post-Grad goals:
-interested in global marketing and analytics in luxury/fashion or creative tech
-HEC provides the most enticing program because of its marketing electives & luxury certificate

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Hey valmorales37,

You have a pretty competitive profile.

To commence your profile evaluation, I would say that your academic background is quite strong. Your GPA of 3.63 not only displays your academic prowess but also opens a lot of opportunities and doors to top business schools for you. The brand name of UCLA is further a cherry on top and aids in strengthening your profile as schools tend to pick applicants hailing from top schools worldwide.

The fact that you have also received the True Bruin Distinguished Senior scholarship further goes on to authenticate your excellent analytical skills. As for your GMAT, a target of 710+ is exactly what you should be aiming for given your inclination towards top ranking schools and HEC in particular.

Coming on to your work experience, while you've interned for 8 months at NY Film Academy, your profile witnesses a small drawback as you lack big 4 brand names in your practical experiences. The brand name definitely plays a major role in an application as you’d be competing with applicants from the top schools and big4 companies. As you wish to be pursuing a career in the Marketing and luxury sector, you can take up another internship preferably in a big4 company to further bolster your profile. Or you can negate the lack of big brand names by talking about the kind of projects you have undertaken, the impact you created and your career progression with major learning takeaways would definitely showcase the quality of your work and establish you as no less than a big4 candidate.

Further, it is great to see that you’ve undertaken a plethora of extracurricular activities. Being a part of several organizations such as Student Alumni Association, UCLA Spirit Squad and Outreach Assistant showcases your leadership and team management skills. The Peer Assistantship showcases the breadth of knowledge you possess in the subject while being a part of UCLA radio highlights your stellar communication skills. One aspect where your profile does seem to be lacking is the absence of volunteering initiatives. These initiatives showcase how a candidate has used their skills to bring forth a positive outcome in the society, a trait every b-school is on the hunt for. Hence, building on the same you should definitely take up a volunteering activity in a local NGO or shelter.

Given your school choices, HEC, LBS and Duke fall under the dream category which means that they have an acceptance rate of 8-12%, hence your chances of acceptance in the program would be around 40-50%. ESSEC and Esade on the other hand fall under the competitive category and hence your chances of acceptance here would be anywhere between 60-70%.

Given your profile, you can also target the following schools to widen your options:

Dream: INSEAD, LBS, LSE
Competitive: WHU, FSFM, IE

Lastly, I would like to draw your attention towards the importance of your application. A strong application holds 30% of weightage in the entire admission process and as you would be competing with other candidates with similar strong profiles, it becomes imperative that you craft an application that successfully highlights not only your calibre but also your potential to add value to the school.

Since it seems like you are still in the early stages of your application, you must be looking for some professional help to guide you through the application process of top business schools in the world. Hence, I’d suggest you to book a free consultation call with our expert consultants who would clear any doubts you may have regarding the admission process and would help you chalk out a winning strategy that would definitely get you an admit in your dream school.

Link for the FREE Consultation Call-
https://www.mim-essay.com/book-an-appointment-form/

Hope this helped!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Location - India
10th grade - 93%
12th grade - 76%
GPA - 3.1/4(Two semesters still left)

Education - Business administration

GMAT- Yet to give. but expected around 700.

Extra-Curricular/hobbies- HOD for literary arts in college Rotaract club, co-authored a magazine for college, Few social helpful projects for blind and elderlies. Founded a book club of my own.
Represented school for football as a captain in school. Poetry writing and Piano.

Experience -Internships in digital marketing for a month in a startup and another month in an NGO. Finally some family business experience.

Target - HEC

Will this be enough? I really want to get into HEC.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Location - India
10th grade - 93%
12th grade - 76%
GPA - 3.1/4(Two semesters still left)

Education - NMIMS bachelor's of Business administration

GMAT- recent mock - 690
Yet to give. but expected around 700.

Extra-Curricular/hobbies- HOD for literary arts in college Rotaract club, co-authored a magazine for college, Few social helpful projects for blind and elderlies. Founded a book club of my own.
Represented school for football as a captain in school. Poetry writing and Piano.

Experience -Internships in digital marketing for a month in a startup and another month in an NGO. Finally some family business experience.

Target - HEC

Will this be enough? I really want to get into HEC.

Originally posted by Prashilsurani on 26 Nov 2020, 02:31.
Last edited by Prashilsurani on 05 Dec 2020, 09:55, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 480 Q32 V23
GMAT 2: 620 Q45 V31
GMAT 3: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.1
WE:Consulting (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Hey there!
Having a real tough time figuring out the essays. I'm looking to get into London Business School, INSEAD, HEC, or ESSEC for MIM 2021.
Here's my profile. Please take a look!
22 year old Indian.
I have a diploma in Mechanical Engineering and I'll be graduating this year as a Bachelor of Business Administration.
G.P.A of 3.43 across both the degrees and a GMAT score of 730.
I had a Digital Marketing startup with four employees for about 18 months and have worked on over 14 Development, Research, Branding and Marketing (Consultancy, Design and Management) projects, two of which were international (US and Somali land).
I have a deep understanding of Mobile Application Development life cycle and I am currently learning Machine Learning and Data Analytics. On a side note, I'm also learning French and Japanese.
I am a state level footballer and I have captained my school team throughout my secondary education. I was a part of my Eng. college team, wining the Player of the Tournament twice in state level competitions.
I was the class representative for my B.B.A class and have been the head of three annual B.B.A events. Apart from that, I was the member of Core, Games & Anchoring and Discipline committees in many keynote events during the bachelors.
Finally, I'm an active member of our local animal rescue group.

Let me know! I'll be applying for the second round for all the unis.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Sayantan1604 wrote:
21 Indian Male

Undergrad: 8.12 CGPA from St Stephens College (Ranked under top 3 colleges of India {2nd in 2018, 1st in 2017,2016,2015})

GMAT score: 690

10th: 9.6 CGPA

12th: 95.5 %

Online Certificates from Wharton: Customer Analytics (94%), Introduction to Marketing (95%)

Interned in Ernst and Young (2 months) & Triveni Industries (2 months)
Social Work for 3 different institutions for a total of 6 months
Executive Council Member of Enactus Society in college
Lead Instrumentalist of Dramatics Society
Captain of School Tennis team and Vice captain of College Team
Various Certificates and gold medals in Tennis, Athletics, Theatre, Quizzes, Music and Art Competitions

Target :Mim from top Bschools (top 5 or top 7)

Hoping for an evaluation and chances of selection in the top programs

Hey Sayantan1604,

To commence your profile evaluation, I would say that your academic background is quite strong. Your GPA of 8.12 not only displays your academic prowess but also opens a lot of opportunities and doors to top business schools for you. The brand name of St. Stephens is the further cherry on top and aids in strengthening your profile as schools tend to prefer candidates from top schools of the country.

Coming on to your work experience, You have two experiences at EY and Triveni industries. There is no mention of the department or job profile, but if it aligns with your post graduation specializations and goals, then it is going to work well in your favour. Further, talking about the kind of projects you have undertaken, the impact you created and your career progression with major learning takeaways would help establish your value as a professional and help you stand out from the pool of applicants.

Further, on the note of extracurriculars, you must be cognizant of the fact that schools seek applicants having a holistic profile. Hence, it is great to see that you have undertaken a fair share of extracurriculars as well. Your involvement in Enactus society showcases your strong communication skills while your captaincy at College teams shows your team management skills. Moreover, the fact that you have worked at 3 different NGOs displays your inclination towards taking up initiatives for the betterment of society, a trait that every b-school looks for in its applicants.
Moving on to your GMAT scores, a score of 690 is definitely a good score and would allow you to apply to a wide range of schools, however as HEC Paris has a minimum GMAT requirement of 710, you definitely need to boost up your score.

Given your schools choices, I wouldn’t recommend applying to St. Gallen due to how extremely difficult it is to secure a position there. St. Gallen is an ultra dream school which only accepts 2 exceptionally skilled applicants from each country.

As for the remaining schools, they can be clubbed under the following categories:

Dream: HEC, LBS (50% chance of acceptance)
Competitive: ESSEC, ESCP, RSM, SSE (70% chance of acceptance)

While you have a pretty impressive profile, I would like to draw your attention towards is the importance of your application.A strong application holds 30% of weightage in the entire admission process and as you would be competing with other candidates with similar strong profiles, it becomes imperative that you craft an application that successfully highlights not only your calibre but also your potential to add value to the school.

That said, since it seems like you are still in the early stages of your application, you must be looking for some professional help to guide you through the application process of top business schools, for which, I’d suggest you book a free consultation call with our expert consultants who would clear any doubts you may have regarding the admission process and would help you chalk out a winning strategy that would definitely get you an admit in your dream school.

Link for the FREE Consultation Call-

Hope this helped!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Gianni99 wrote:
Profile evaluation:
20 years old, male, white, italian
Currently 3rd year at Bachelor in International Economics and Finance- Major in Finance at Bocconi University, totally taught in English . Relevant coursework: Financial econometrics, corporate valuation, corporate finance, financial economics, monetary economics, financial markets and institutions, statistics, financial accounting, financial mathematics, mathematics general, international banking
Current gpa 3.8/4
I'll do an internship in the 3rd largest insurance company in the world from February. Previous internship: creation of a simulated startup in a business accelerator in the business of car pooling.
Other relevant experiences: During summers in high school, I attended Expo @Yale University (Courses: Startup Entrepreneurship, Investment Methods) and a summer school at Cambridge (International Business Management, Macro and Micro Economics).
Languages: Italian Native speaker, English Fluent (Ielts 7.5), French Intermediate (Delf B1).
It Skills: Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft office (Ppt, excel, word), Intermediate knowledge of Python, Intermediate knowledge of R and R Studio, Awarded Ecdl
GMAT: 670 without preparation, With 3 month preparation, I expect to achieve 730+.
I want to apply to 3rd round (March session) to MFA LBS, Mif hec, m financial economics Oxford, Msc finance Imperial, msc finance/ finance and accounting lse,
Essec MiF, ESCP mim
What do you think my chances would stand and on which area of my application should I improve? In addition, which books should I use to achieve my aim for the gmat test? Do you think I should apply for less competitive programmes in Lbs, Imperial, Lse such as Management?
Thank you in advance!

Hey Gianni99,

You undoubtedly have a pretty impressive profile.

To start off with the strong suits, your GPA of 3.8/4 in undergraduate showcases strong academic prowess. Also, you have graduated from Bocconi University, which, being one of the top universities in Italy would work in your favor as schools tend to pick students from top schools of each country.
In addition to this, another significant aspect that schools focus on is extracurricular activities as they are looking for a holistically developed profile. Hence, it is essential to shed some light on the endeavors taken up at any clubs, associations, sports, fest, or events you managed or participated in during your undergraduate. Volunteering initiatives, certifications, or internships undertaken during the course of your study would also count towards your extracurricular initiatives. So, make sure you emphasize on what events you have led, what were your roles and responsibilities, what were your major takeaways. Elaborating them in your profile will showcase a holistically developed profile and would vouch for you being an apt candidate for the school.

Moving to your professional front, you will soon do an internship in the 3rd largest insurance company in the world, which is another great highlight in your profile. As for your past internships, while it is not related to the finance field, you ought to differentiate yourself by highlighting the major projects of your work and how these experiences helped develop and further groomed your skills and knowledge. To boost your profile, you can take up certifications in finance such as CFA, FRM, and stock exchange certificates. This will depict your inclination and passion towards the field of finance. Also, you can further highlight CSR activities to showcase responsibilities taken up and the impacts created by you. This will help portray the socially responsible side of your personality and convince the adcoms of your abilities to be a great future leader. I’d suggest you begin working on this aspect if you lack experience in this front.

Coming to your GMAT score, 670 without preparation is quite impressive. And since you are targeting a score of 730+, it opens the door for all the top B-schools in the world. You are targeting Masters in Finance, so make sure that you have a 49 or above Quants as top-B schools tend to favor the same as it acts as proof of your abilities to succeed in the field of finance.
Moreover, it is great to see that you have international experiences since you have attended expo at Yale University and a summer school at Cambridge. International exposure is a highly sought after trait from business schools as it showcases your broadened perspective and ability to adapt and work well in foreign environments

Given your school choices, HEC, LSE, and LBS fall under the dream category whereas ESSEC, Imperial, and ESCP can be clubbed under the competitive category. That said you have a 50% of getting admitted to the dream schools and a 70% chance of getting admitted to the schools coming under the competitive category.

To conclude, you have a pretty great profile and you can most certainly be targeting the top MFin programs. However, to increase your chances of getting selected by these schools and stand out from the pool of applicants, you need to start prepping for a strong application consisting of well-drafted Essays, LORs, Statement of Purpose and a Resume that highlights all your strong suits, gives reasoning for your weaknesses, and displays how you’d be a good addition to the cohort. You need to showcase your journey, what makes you different from your peers, and how you are a great value addition to the school.

On this note, I’d suggest you book a free consultation call with our expert consultants who would clear any doubts you may have regarding the admission process and would help you chalk out a winning strategy that would definitely aid in bagging an admit from your dream school.

Link for the FREE Consultation call-

Hope this helped!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
akshayatri19 wrote:
Hello sir,
I want to apply for the LBS MFA program.
I'm from India.
Done 4 year graduation in Engineering in Mechanical Engineering from IITRAM, Ahmedabad.......My Commulative Performance Index is 7.4/10 ( First Class) equated to 74% as per college.
My Senior High School percentage is 84%
My High School CGPA is 10/10.
I have done Financial Modelling and Valuation Analyst (FMVA) Course by CFI Institute.
I have cleared CFA level 2 and CFA Investment Foundation Course.
I have my 2 research papers published in springer publication and Elsevier publication.
Also GMAT score is 730
Talking about my global exposure......I have won Best Negotiator Award in Model United Nation, Indonesia by IGN.....Where I shown my leadership skills among delegates of over 30 countries.
I am the head of my College's finance club.
I have also involved in social service club of our college where we coach children from poor families for all india level competitions.

Please comment on my profile.....
Is it good enough for LBS or I have to apply for another colleges also.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys, new to the site! Would be very nice of you if you could give me a quick profile evaluation!
I’m an applicant for the StGallen SIM, Bocconi MSc in Finance and the one in International Management.

Profile : Just turned 20, Half french half Tunisian male

School : Université Paris II Panthéon Assas, Bachelor in Economics and Management, First of cohort, GPA : 4.0 (16,2/20 in France) + additional diplomas : college of economics (only accessible the best 30 students of cohort) + Magistere in banking in finance class of 23 (very selective)

GRE : 170/170 in Quants, 157/170 in Verbal
TOEFL : 105/120 (29 reading, 29 listening, 25 writing, 22 speaking)

Experiences : 1 month intern in an online bank, 2 month intern in an real estate holding in New York, 2 month intern in a real estate holding in Paris

Member of 4 student clubs, one of them being TedX pantheon Assas

I’m wondering if I am too young to be applying to these kind of masters for 21 intake!

Thanks in advance guys!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Hey, here's my profile information
Background: 22 year old Female
Nationality:Indian
Degree: Bachelor of Management Studies (specialization in Finance)
CGPA:9.14/10
Awarded with Dean's List
GMAT: 700
Work experience: 2 summer internships
Leadership: Part of Business Society (co-lead an event)
Colleges targeted: HEC paris, Imperial College London
Post Master Goals: Work in the financial sector

Can you suggest me any other colleges in Europe, I could be targeting with a good probability of getting in?

Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
alberto14 wrote:

!
Hi Guys, This is a Master thread for all profile evaluation requests for MiM applications. We do not want random profile evaluation threads everywhere on the forum. This will help people get some consolidated (and free :P ) advice from consultants and help others learn as well.

Post your profile here if you want!

Suggested Template
Background and nationality
Undergrad Information
GMAT/GRE
Work experience and leadership
Community and others
Post Master goals
Anything else?

Hello everybody, could you please evaluate my profile for the best B-Schools in Europe (HEC,St Gallen, ESCP, ESSEC, Bocconi), MiM Program.
This is my profile
21-year old man from Italy.
I'm graduating this year my Bachelor in Economics and Business in one of the top 2 business school in my country (LUISS University) with a GPA of 4.00/4.00 (translated in English/American system);
GMAT score 690 (V38,Q47)
I have no internship but I've been working for two years as a certified Tennis Chair Umpire in the highest national level (First League and Italian championships).
I have international experience as I spent one year of high school in the United States as an exchange student and I took part to the structured partnership between LUISS and Utrecht University, which allowed me to do the second year of my Bachelor in Utrecht.
Extracurricular activities: I have been playing tennis at national level since I was 10 and I'm currently member of my university tennis team.
I'm really curious to know if I have a good chance to get in any of the above-mentioned schools, thank you for your time!

Hey alberto14,

I would like to start off by saying that you have a pretty competitive profile.

To commence your profile evaluation, I would say that your academic background is quite strong. Your GPA of solid 4.0 not only displays your academic prowess but also opens a lot of opportunities and doors to top business schools for you. The brand name of LUISS is a cherry on top and aids in strengthening your profile as schools tend to pick out candidates from the top colleges of each country. In addition to this, your GMAT score of 690 plays to your advantage as it further authenticates your academic prowess and is quite often the average score required by most of the top b-schools.

Coming onto your work experience, you have no relevant work experience in the business or management field. This can act as a major drawback in your profile as you’d be competing with candidates of big4 companies such as EY and KPMG. Hence, I’d suggest you take up an internship preferably in a big4 company as it would allow you to gain quality work experience and stand at par with the competition you face.

Further, on the note of extracurriculars, you must be cognizant of the fact that schools seek applicants having a holistic profile. Your involvement in tennis highlights your spirit of competitiveness, however, schools look for well-rounded development in all aspects. Hence, accounting for the same, you can take up some volunteering activities or join a business/ finance club. Extracurriculars are a great way to showcase your skills like leadership, networking, communication skills, etc. Thus, you must get your hands on some extracurricular engagements/initiatives to strengthen your profile.

To‌ ‌further‌ ‌give‌ ‌your‌ ‌profile‌ ‌a‌ ‌boost,‌ ‌you‌ ‌can‌ ‌showcase‌ ‌your‌ ‌proactiveness‌ ‌at‌ ‌the‌ ‌end‌ ‌of‌ ‌upskilling‌ ‌yourself‌ ‌and‌ ‌chasing‌ ‌growth‌ ‌by‌ ‌taking‌ ‌up‌ ‌a‌ ‌few‌ ‌courses‌ ‌or‌ ‌certifications‌ ‌relevant‌ ‌to‌ ‌your‌ ‌field‌ ‌of‌ ‌interest.‌

Your semesters abroad in the US do add international experience to your profile which would allow you to display your adaptability and broadened perspectives due to immersion in foreign cultures, traits held in high regard by every b-school.

Given your target schools, St. Gallen falls under the ultra dream category which means that it has an extremely low acceptance rate. In fact, St Gallen has an extremely competitive program that only accepts two students per country, hence I wouldn’t recommend targeting it. HEC Paris and Bocconi fall under the dream category which means that they have an acceptance rate of 8-12% and hence you stand a 40-50% chance of getting into the program. Another important factor that you should know is that HEC has a minimum GMAT requirement of 710, so if you truly wish to target that program, then a retake is what I would recommend. Speaking of the other target schools on your list, they fall under the competitive category, and therefore, you stand a 60-70% chance of acceptance in their program.

Lastly, while you have a good profile, you need to be aware that you will be facing competition from equally good or even better profiles, which is why, you need to complement your profile with a strong application that includes essays, letter of recommendation, statement of purpose, and resume that highlights all your strong suits, gives reasoning for the weaknesses and displays how you’d be a good addition to the cohort. As a matter of fact, your application can boost your chances of acceptance by 3x!
On this note, if you are perplexed about how to go about drafting an impactful application that magnifies your strengths and overshadows your weak areas, you can book a FREE 20-minute session with our expert consultants to chalk out a winning strategy that would definitely help you earn an admit from your dream school.

Link for the FREE Consultation Call:

Hope this helped!

Originally posted by MiMEssay on 03 Dec 2020, 22:54.
Last edited by MiMEssay on 14 Dec 2020, 06:34, edited 2 times in total.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
karanvsingh26 wrote:
Hi , I would like to receive profile evaluation. I am planning to apply for HEC Paris, London Business School, University of Mannheim and Schulich School of Business . (Would be glad if you can suggest be some good colleges in Canada and UK for MIM)

My profile:
23 year old Man from India.

I'm graduated my Bachelor in Technology, Computer Science in 2019 from Punjabi University - (State Govt University) with a GPA of 4.00/4.00 (translated in English/American system);

GMAT score 660 (Q47, V34)(2nd Attempt)

Work Experience
1) In 2018, started my own Digital Marketing Firm. In total of 1.5 years of experience as Managing Director(counting the experience after graduation)

2) Had a 2 months internship in the first year of my college in a Digital Marketing Startup

3) Have also worked at CM office Punjab as a social media intern (Have no certificate of it though as the internship was a part of elections)

Extracurricular activities
1) Vice President of Entrepreneurship Club in my University

2) Project Manager at AIESEC. (an international youth-run, non-governmental and not-for-profit organization that provides young people with leadership development, cross-cultural internships, and global volunteer exchange experiences. )

3) Played for my School's National Level Athletics for Discus Throw

4) Participated in MUN

5) Have actively participated in NGO

6) Certifications from Udemy for Digital Marketing

Hey there!

I would like to start off by saying that you have a pretty decent profile.

To commence your profile evaluation, I would say that your academic background is quite strong. Your GPA of a perfect 4.0 not only displays your academic prowess but also opens a lot of opportunities and doors to top business schools for you. The brand name of your profile may pose a bit of a disadvantage as top B-schools around the world tend to favour applicants from top universities of each country, however you can negate the lack of brand name in your profile by drawing attention towards other strong aspects of your profile such as extracurriculars etc.

Moving forward to your GMAT, a score of 660 definitely falls on the lower end as you are targeting highly competitive schools such as HEC and LBS. HEC has a minimum GMAT requirement of 710 while LBS requires at least 690. Hence, I’d recommend you to opt for a retake if you truly wish to target these schools.

Coming on to your work experience, you have entrepreneurial experience in your profile which is held in high regard by B-schools as it showcases the bountiful of knowledge under your belt. Moreover, you also have an internship in the same domain as your entrepreneurial venture that showcases your clear orientation towards the field of digital marketing. Here, talking about the kind of projects you have undertaken, the impact you created and how you were able to scale and sustain your venture along with major learning takeaways would definitely highlight the worthiness of your candidature for the program.

Further, on the note of extracurriculars, you must be cognizant of the fact that schools seek applicants having a holistic profile. Hence, your involvement in several co-curricular activities displays your well-rounded development in all fronts. Your stint as the VP of the Entrepreneurship club in college highlights your leadership skills, your involvement in MUN showcases your excellent communication skills and your participation in NGOs and AIESEC displays the breadth of your knowledge and how you have utilized your skills to create a positive impact on the society.

It is also good to see that you have undertaken certifications from Udemy on Digital Marketing, it demonstrates how you have a thirst for knowledge and are constantly working towards upskilling yourself. However, as you do come from an engineering background, I would recommend you to further take up some certifications in Management and other core concepts of the field to showcase your proactiveness on the end of learning and upskilling yourself

Given your school choices, HEC and LBS fall under the dream category which means that they have an acceptance rate of 8-12% and hence you stand a 40-50% chance of getting into the program. When it comes to Mannheim, their program is catered towards candidates with undergrad in business oriented fields hence you don’t qualify to target that school. As for Schulich, is it a competitive school and hence you stand a 60-70% chance of making into the program.

Considering your inclination towards UK and Canada, you can also look forward to target the following schools:

UK: LSE, Imperial, Warwick, Alliance Manchester, Cass Business school etc,
Canada: Queen’s, Concordia, UBC Sauder, McGill University etc.

Lastly, another aspect that I would like to draw your attention towards is the importance of application. A strong application holds 30% of weightage in the entire admission process and as you would be competing with other candidates with similar or stronger profiles, it becomes imperative that you craft an application that successfully highlights your strengths and gives apt justifications for any flaws and weaknesses. Moreover, a well drafted application would not only display your calibre but also your potential to add value to the school.

Since you wish to apply to some of the top-notch and highly competitive schools in the world, you must be looking for some professional help to guide you through the application process. Hence, I’d suggest you book a FREE consultation call with our expert consultants who would clear any doubts you may have regarding the admission process and would help you chalk out a winning strategy that would definitely earn you an admit from your dream school.

Link for the FREE Consultation call:

Hope this helped!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
yashvic wrote:
Hello !
Background and nationality : Graduate from NMIMS, Mumbai; Indian
Undergrad: 3.15/4 ; Bachelor's Of Business Administration (Finance)
GMAT: 730 (Q:48;V :41)
Work experience: 10 Months at Teach For India ; 3 months at iTeach Schools( NGO); 3 months - Venture Capital Network : Mumbai Angels Network as an Investment Intern
International Experience : Global Fellowship with an International cohort for a live consulting project based at an Italian Startup
Post Masters: Consulting, Venture Capital
Target Schools: Insead MiM, LBS MIM
Thankyou for evaluating my profile

Hey there,
Your overall profile looks pretty strong. Starting with your GPA, 3.15/4 is decent enough but as compared to the kind of competition you will be facing, it is a bit on the lower side. However, by posing the right alibi you can divert the attention towards other aspects of your profile such as your extracurricular activities, projects, internships, and GMAT score. Moreover, since you are from NMIMS, it is beneficial for you since Ad-Com tends to favour candidates from the top ten schools of each country.

Additionally, another significant aspect that schools focus on is extracurricular activities as they are looking for a holistically developed profile. Hence, it is essential to shed some light on the endeavors taken up at any clubs, associations, sports, fest, or events you managed or participated in during your undergraduate. Volunteering initiatives, certifications, or internships undertaken during the course of your study would also count towards your extracurricular initiatives.

Moving on, you have got a good amount of work experience. Having worked for 10 Months at Teach for India and 3 Months at iTeach Schools vouches for the socially responsible traits in your profile which B-schools majorly prefer. You can emphasize how you have helped the ones in need, what were your responsibilities, impacts created, and your major takeaways. You have also worked as an Investment Intern for Mumbai Angels Network, which is interesting as it shows your inclination towards the field of finance. But since you currently lack big brands in your CV and most of your competition will be with the candidates from the Big 4 firms, you need to differentiate yourself well. Make sure to highlight the major projects done by you and how these experiences helped to develop and further groom your skills and knowledge.

To boost your profile further, you can take up a few certifications online in your related field, e.g six sigma.

You have also been a part of the Global Fellowship with an International cohort for a live consulting project based at an Italian Startup which is one of the major highlights in your profile. The reason being, it displays your broadened perspective and the ability to adapt and work well in foreign environments. Not only this, international exposure is always held in high regard by any top b-school.

Coming forward to your GMAT score, 730 with Quant 48 and Verbal 41 is highly competitive. This score opens up the door for you to be eligible for all the top B-schools in the world.
As for the schools you are willing to target, INSEAD and LBS come under the dream category. Since these schools have a stringent acceptance rate, your chances of getting in these would be 50%. Having said this, it is always better to target a mix of dream and competitive schools to hedge your bets wisely and ensure a fruitful outcome. To help you understand better, I’ve suggested a few dream and competitive schools that you could be targeting.

DREAM: HEC, DUKE, CORNELL, Michigan

COMPETITIVE: ESSEC, ESCP, FSFM, ESMT

For the competitive schools listed above, you will have 60-70% chances of acceptance.

Lastly, while you have a stellar profile, you need to be aware that you will be facing competition from equally good or even better profiles, which is why, you need to complement your profile with a strong application that includes essays, letter of recommendation, statement of purpose, and resume that highlights all your strong suits, gives reasoning for the weaknesses and displays how you’d be a good addition to the cohort. As a matter of fact, your application can boost your chances of acceptance by 3x!

To learn more about how to go about the applications and also your eligibility for top schools, you can book a FREE consultation session with one of our expert consultants who can help you figure out the best course of action to realize your goals.

Link for the FREE Consultation call-

Hope this helped!
Intern
Intern
WE:Research (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I am looking to apply for MiM in the current application cycle, and will probably be the last time I'll be eligible to apply. Was hoping to get some color around which schools are feasible for my profile. I have not applied for any masters before.
I was looking at LBS, Duke, Cornell, Michigan Ross, Kellogg. I do admit, my research has been minimal.

23, Male, Indian. Double degree in Economics and Mechanical Engineering from tier 1 engineering college, GPA of 7.9/10
1 year 6 months of full time work experience as an analyst in a Tier 1 Global Investment bank. Additional 1 year experience in the same bank before that as an intern.
GRE 332
Lot of extra curricular activities through college, but minimal after graduating. Recently joined an NGO.
Worked in a startup in a division head role for 7-8 months while in college.
I would also appreciate any insights around possible financial aid.

Thanks
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [1]
Send PM