Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:34 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 385 [0]
Given Kudos: 2380
Send PM
Re: Miserably failed 1st attempt [#permalink]
Some numbers to back up what I say would be great: I feel that you don't need to stress about the time pressure. A score of 500 allows for quite a few wrong answers. You can comfortably take the 1/5 chance at guessing difficult questions and focus on those that you understand. You can also feel comfortable guessing a few questions at the end with the remaining minute if in a rush. You're going for 500, not 800, so you have plenty of leeway for mistakes. I feel if you overcome stress you will overcome the score. Goodluck
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Lauren111,

With a 390, we do not need to see an Enhanced Score Report, but I do have a couple of questions about your Official GMAT:

1) What were your Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores?
2) Did you have to 'rush' through a bunch of questions at the ends of any of the sections? Did you run out of time and leave any questions unanswered?

In addition, I have a few questions about how you took your CATs/mocks:

1) Did you take the ENTIRE CAT each time (including the Essay and IR sections)?
2) Did you take them at home?
3) Did you take them at the same time of day as when you took your Official GMAT?
4) Did you ever do ANYTHING during your CATs that you couldn't do on Test Day (pause the CAT, skip sections, take longer breaks, etc.)?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22042 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
I’m glad you reached out, and I’m happy to help. First off, since you scored 380, it’s clear that you lack the GMAT quant and verbal fundamentals you need for a high score. Thus, rather than your diving into more practice tests, I recommend that you take a more structured and linear approach to your prep so that you can individually learn each quant and verbal topic, and then practice each topic until you’ve gained mastery. By studying in such a way, you can methodically improve your quant and verbal weaknesses and ensure that no stone is left unturned.

To follow this type of thorough approach, you may need some additional materials, so you should take a look at the GMAT Club reviews for the best quant and verbal courses, and also read through some [url=https://gmatclub.com/forum/share-your-gmat-experience-8/?fl=menu] GMAT success stories to see what materials have worked well for other test-takers.

Certainly, if you’d like further advice on how to improve your GMAT quant and verbal skills, feel free to reach back out. Also, you may find it helpful to read this article about how to learn more, learn faster, and retain more knowledge while preparing for the GMAT.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts