Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 23:18 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 94
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 2287 [1]
Given Kudos: 66
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V45
GMAT 2: 780 Q50 V47
GMAT 3: 770 Q50 V45
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My last 2 mock scores have decreased shockingly - need help [#permalink]
@empowergmat
Hi empowergmat. thanks for replying. I am making a lot of silly mistakes in Quant. Conceptually i am good in quant and can solve most of the incorrect questions on my own but due to time pressure i am making some silly mistakes which should be avoided (atleast 4 questions in every mock). My target score is 700. I have to get a Q49 and a V35-36 at-least to reach my target score.While I had the best form in May and June i dont know why suddenly it started dropping since July mid (both for Kaplan and Gmat Prep) I am not sure what is going on. Need some advice as my test is on 31st August.

1) How many hours do you typically study each week? - about 25 hrs hours

2) What study materials have you used so far? - I have taken Kaplan Subscriptions for their adaptive questions banks and Mocks. I did my SC from Manhattan SC Guide, Cr- Powerscore, RC- i solved a few questions from the OG each day starting a month back, Quant- Manhattan Advanced, OG and Gmat Prep questions coupled with Kaplan Adaptive QBANK

3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Kaplan Diagnostic Test - Sometime in April without prep - 610 (Q46 V27)
Gmat Prep 1- Apr 03 2021- 540 (Q42 V22)
Kaplan Practise Test 2- May Starting - 640 (Q47 V31)
Kaplan Practise Test 3- May Mid - 670 (Q48 V34)
Kaplan Practise Test 4- End of May - 700 (Q47 V39)
Kaplan Practise Test 5 - The very next day after the Test 4 and i was very fatigued - 630 (Q47 V29)

Gmat Prep 2- June 5th - 620 (Q49 V25)
Kaplan Practise Test 6 - June mid - 680 (Q45 V38)

Gmat Prep 3- July 19th - 660 (Q46 V35) - concentrated too much on verbal and quant suffered a bit
Kaplan Practise Test 7 - July End - 660 (Q48 V32)

Gmat Prep 4- August 1st - 630( Q47 V30) - i got 12 questions incorrect in verbal and still got 30 whereas in Test 3 i had answered 13 incorrectly yet got a score of V35
Gmat Prep 5- August 6th - 590 - (Q48 V 23) - the most devastating score ever almost like back to where i started in April.

4) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to? - I want to pursue Executive MBA as i am working here in USA. I will continue to work while I study so i have a location constraint. Hence my desired schools are Wharton, Stern and Columbia for executive MBA - Wharton being my first preference. i am planning to apply in round 1 for Wharton and 8th December is the deadline for the EMBA applicants. Round 2 deadline is in Feb but i do not want to wait till round 2 as i have always heard Round 1 is better than 2.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22065 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Re: My last 2 mock scores have decreased shockingly - need help [#permalink]
Expert Reply
pdas146 wrote:
@empowergmat
Hi empowergmat. thanks for replying. I am making a lot of silly mistakes in Quant. Conceptually i am good in quant and can solve most of the incorrect questions on my own but due to time pressure i am making some silly mistakes which should be avoided (atleast 4 questions in every mock). My target score is 700. I have to get a Q49 and a V35-36 at-least to reach my target score.While I had the best form in May and June i dont know why suddenly it started dropping since July mid (both for Kaplan and Gmat Prep) I am not sure what is going on. Need some advice as my test is on 31st August.

1) How many hours do you typically study each week? - about 25 hrs hours

2) What study materials have you used so far? - I have taken Kaplan Subscriptions for their adaptive questions banks and Mocks. I did my SC from Manhattan SC Guide, Cr- Powerscore, RC- i solved a few questions from the OG each day starting a month back, Quant- Manhattan Advanced, OG and Gmat Prep questions coupled with Kaplan Adaptive QBANK

3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Kaplan Diagnostic Test - Sometime in April without prep - 610 (Q46 V27)
Gmat Prep 1- Apr 03 2021- 540 (Q42 V22)
Kaplan Practise Test 2- May Starting - 640 (Q47 V31)
Kaplan Practise Test 3- May Mid - 670 (Q48 V34)
Kaplan Practise Test 4- End of May - 700 (Q47 V39)
Kaplan Practise Test 5 - The very next day after the Test 4 and i was very fatigued - 630 (Q47 V29)

Gmat Prep 2- June 5th - 620 (Q49 V25)
Kaplan Practise Test 6 - June mid - 680 (Q45 V38)

Gmat Prep 3- July 19th - 660 (Q46 V35) - concentrated too much on verbal and quant suffered a bit
Kaplan Practise Test 7 - July End - 660 (Q48 V32)

Gmat Prep 4- August 1st - 630( Q47 V30) - i got 12 questions incorrect in verbal and still got 30 whereas in Test 3 i had answered 13 incorrectly yet got a score of V35
Gmat Prep 5- August 6th - 590 - (Q48 V 23) - the most devastating score ever almost like back to where i started in April.

4) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to? - I want to pursue Executive MBA as i am working here in USA. I will continue to work while I study so i have a location constraint. Hence my desired schools are Wharton, Stern and Columbia for executive MBA - Wharton being my first preference. i am planning to apply in round 1 for Wharton and 8th December is the deadline for the EMBA applicants. Round 2 deadline is in Feb but i do not want to wait till round 2 as i have always heard Round 1 is better than 2.

These answers are quite helpful. The thing I noticed is that your verbal scores from your official GMAC practice exams range from 22 to 35. Thus, it's quite possible that you have some gaps in GMAT verbal that need to be cleaned up prior to taking your GMAT. With that said, I have an article that you may find helpful:

How to Score High on GMAT Verbal

Feel free to reach out with any questions.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My last 2 mock scores have decreased shockingly - need help [#permalink]
ScottTargetTestPrep

Thanks for replying and my test date is 31st August which is 20 days from now. any suggestions on what i can do in these last few days to give the best shot in the first attempt. If i dont get my desired score ofcourse i will try again. But honestly can i see some scope of improvement in the last few weeks? Is there a possibility?

Originally posted by pdas146 on 09 Aug 2021, 12:10.
Last edited by pdas146 on 09 Aug 2021, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [2]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi pdas146,

I've sent you a PM with some notes and additional questions.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Own Kudos [?]: 22065 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
pdas146 wrote:
ScottTargetTestPrep

Thanks for replying and my test date is 31st August which is 20 days from now. any suggestions on what i can do in these last few days to give the best shot in the first attempt. If i dont get my desired score ofcourse i will try again. But honestly can i see some scope of improvement in the last few weeks? Is there a possibility?

When do you plan to take your next official practice exam?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep

Hi I took my last and 6th official mock yesterday ( 15th August) and scored 690 (Q49/V35) Last week i had put in some serious verbal analysis and studies. My test is on the 31st of August. Is there a anything i can do now to optimize my preps.

Thanks,
PD
Own Kudos [?]: 22065 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
pdas146 wrote:
ScottTargetTestPrep

Hi I took my last and 6th official mock yesterday ( 15th August) and scored 690 (Q49/V35) Last week i had put in some serious verbal analysis and studies. My test is on the 31st of August. Is there a anything i can do now to optimize my preps.

Thanks,
PD

Yes. Check out TTP, and then reach back out to me directly. We can take things from there.
GMAT Club Bot