Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:10 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1497 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
qhoc0010 wrote:
Well, congrat!!!!
Good luck on your app.

Dookie,
My heartiest congratulations on your score. I think you should not re-take the GMAT, I am sure you will get into a great school, unless you really want a 750+. I need to perform like you on the next test.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 146 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dookie
Congratulations my friend!!! You surely deserved this score..
I was really looking forward to see you break 700 and you did it. I remember that how motivated you were and how badly you wanted to improve your score.
With somebody like you , who was damn good in maths,ending up with a 49 in maths proves that it is no joke to get a 50-51 in quant nowadays.
And paul has sort of snatched the words from me while saying that we should make a 710 club. You , me, paul, anand, padma.. all of us who badly wanted to break 700 ended with exact 710..
Best of luck for your applications.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congrats on the massive score. good luck with getting back to normal and godspeed with the apps. salute !!! :beer
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congrats on teh score, you are an insperation to all of us with anxiety issues...
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations! Thank you for your kind words.

Dookie, did the Math Challenges help you? any comments about that.

And the list of 710's grows
Paul
Anand
crackgmat750
Dookie
Praetorian :twisted:

I would certainly think that 710 is a score enough to get you into any school. Oh well, i am the rookie. Linda/ Hjort are the experts. Any amount of time that you spend helping others here would be golden. Anand will be back in the second week of January.

It amazes me how many smart people i have met. Good stuff. :)

Praetorian
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks guys,

Praetorian, Math challenges are great.
I remember that there were times when i told you that i think they're too hard.
Now i think they should even be harder. For someone who is aiming for a high score in Quant (49+), the best way to practice is to practice many difficult question in limited time.
I used to make myself Math hell sessions which were composed of 37 very difficult questions that i collected from the forum over time.
The challenges are great because they are composed of new question, and you have the chance to compare you're performance with other's.

crackgmat750, I know exactly why i ended up with a 49.
For the first 25-30 questions, i got really difficult questions. I think i got them all right.
The problem is that i didn't check the time and found myself with 10 minutes left. Now i had to skip some questions in order to finish the section on time, so that's where i lost the points. I must have guessed at least 4-5 questions.
For 50,51 you need to really be aware of the time, and identify the questions that aren't worth the time.
Well.. Maybe next time :wink:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 468 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dookie,

That's a great score. Congratulations! :woohoo

Also, thanks for all the good problems you posted on the forum!

Goodluck on your apps and hopefuly you will be able to get back to a more normal routine soon :-) :gl
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dookie
Congrats.
It was fun studying with u.
Best of luck,
Srijay
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 344 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations Dookie ! You strongly improved your score since last attempt !
You finally did it and you are now in the 7XX club... I suppose your girlfriend is smiling twice as much as you are ;-)
It was a pleasure to study with you buddy, I will remember your tricky questions for the D-day...
I feel some pressure on my shoulders right now, maths are getting harder and harder and verbal bores me so much...
Anyway please let me know when you will be in and where you finally will decide to get into.

Take care.

Frederic
CIO
CIO
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
DOOKIE! I just read this post today! Congratulations, achi. That is an incredible story and a well written account as well!

I think your score is awesome, and you don't have to take it again, unless you want to really hit it. I'm glad I could help you through all this. I think your way of looking at problems and defining them in your head and in your posts is inspirational. As I told you many times - I WISH YOU COULD TEACH FOR INTEGRATED LEARNING.

When you get accepted to the top ten in the US, call me for a side job...

:wink:
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts