GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Aug 2018, 20:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Need Advice

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Need Advice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2017, 14:16
Hello,

I have recently graduated college and will be starting full time employment in the summer. I am intending on using the time between now and then to take the GMAT, and will be purchasing the full set of Manhattan GMAT prep books as well as the Official Guide. With that being said, I have been searching this site for a study plan using the materials I mentioned above that will help me achieve my goal of getting a 720+. I have seen many of them more prominent posts regarding study plans, but none of them seem that specific when it comes to frequency of taking practice tests, problems to work through ,etc. Magoosh has some more specific plans posted, but I am more interested in using the Manhattan material. Can anyone point me in the direction of more day-by-day study plans using the suggested materials? Also, any other general advice would be greatly appreciated.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesOptimus Prep Discount Codese-GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
P
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.82
WE: Corporate Finance (Retail Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Need Advice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2017, 20:07
[fraction][/fraction]
ls95 wrote:
Hello,

I have recently graduated college and will be starting full time employment in the summer. I am intending on using the time between now and then to take the GMAT, and will be purchasing the full set of Manhattan GMAT prep books as well as the Official Guide. With that being said, I have been searching this site for a study plan using the materials I mentioned above that will help me achieve my goal of getting a 720+. I have seen many of them more prominent posts regarding study plans, but none of them seem that specific when it comes to frequency of taking practice tests, problems to work through ,etc. Magoosh has some more specific plans posted, but I am more interested in using the Manhattan material. Can anyone point me in the direction of more day-by-day study plans using the suggested materials? Also, any other general advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there ls95,
Here is a general study plan posted by bb:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-study-p ... 80727.html

If you like my posts, please give kudos. Help me unlock gmatclub tests.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: McCombs
GMAT 1: 630 Q40 V40
GPA: 2.99
WE: Education (Consulting)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2017, 21:28
Before dropping large coin, take all the free 5-day and 7-day free trials that you can. You need to get a taste of what you are getting into. Keep a spiral notebook for your notes. The trials come with great study schedules. Pick the one that best suits you. There are a lot of great tips, but these are scattered amongst the different prep vendors. Again, before dropping large coin, check out eBay. (Don't buy the 2018 OG, it just rearranges the info from the last few years.) I spent $100 for the older OGs, MPrep and VPrep! Good luck...700+ or Bust!
Attachments

File comment: GMAT prep books
2017-12-21 19.34.52.jpg
2017-12-21 19.34.52.jpg [ 122.86 KiB | Viewed 287 times ]

McCombs MBA 1990, Hook'Em Horns. I am helping my son prep for 2019, while trying to keep a 66 y.o. brain active. ;-)

SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2017, 21:39
ls95 wrote:
I am intending on using the time between now and then to take the GMAT, and will be purchasing the full set of Manhattan GMAT prep books as well as the Official Guide. With that being said, I have been searching this site for a study plan using the materials I mentioned above that will help me achieve my goal of getting a 720+. I have seen many of them more prominent posts regarding study plans, but none of them seem that specific when it comes to frequency of taking practice tests, problems to work through ,etc. Magoosh has some more specific plans posted, but I am more interested in using the Manhattan material. Can anyone point me in the direction of more day-by-day study plans using the suggested materials? Also, any other general advice would be greatly appreciated.
I'm sure Manhattan also has study plans for their students. Try sending them an email.

Ascore Prep | Online | Bangalore

EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2017, 13:15
Hi ls95,

Your particular 'needs' and study plan will depend a great deal on your current skills, strengths and weaknesses - and it might be that you end up needing more time to study (and more resources) than you initially plan for. That having been said, taking FULL-LENGTH CATs (with the Essay and IR sections) under realistic conditions IS an essential part of the GMAT training process, so you should be taking one at least every few weeks (and as you get closer to Test Day, you should be taking a CAT every week or so).

All of that having been said, since it sounds like you're just beginning your studies, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can download 2 for free from www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 4 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can talk through how best to proceed.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
2) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
3) What Schools are you planning to apply to?
4) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Re: Need Advice &nbs [#permalink] 22 Dec 2017, 13:15

Need Advice

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR AUGUST
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap