Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:49 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: Wharton '15
GPA: 3.5
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Re: Need help to get in the 690-730 range... [#permalink]

I'm taking the GMAT tomorrow although i know im not ready, cuz I have not completed studying any book. However I've been scoring in the 620-660 range on practice tests, so i thought ill just give it a shot and see where I stand. All I have been doing is just solving questions and reviewing the wrong answers, I know this strategy does not work, but unfortunately I'm an external auditor, which means I work 24/7 :(, I never have time to actually study. So I guess ill give the GMAT a shot, and see what I get just to get a taste of how the real test is and then hopefully I'll properly study and get a proper score. I wonder if thats a bad idea?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: Wharton '15
GPA: 3.5
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
I know how you feel. I'm a consultant so not sure if my hours quite match yours, but I was having a lot of trouble getting study time in. I set myself a schedule for 8 weeks of finishing 1 manhattan gmat book per week (they're smaller books so it was a relatively reasonable goal), and then used 2 weeks of vacation time at the end of that to do practice problems. I'm just nearing the end of that vacation with the test on Thursday.

I don't think it's a bad idea to take it. I've got a few very poor scores on my record from when I took it in college and didn't sufficiently study... most schools seem to only take the top score. Most people also seem to take the test more than once, so I think you should be fine. Might be good to get the extra testing experience too.
GMAT Club Bot