Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 14:19 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
School Moderator - WHU Masters
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 93
Schools: HEC MiM "24
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22047 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 486 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
Send PM
School Moderator - WHU Masters
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
Schools: HEC MiM "24
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
Send PM
Re: Need suggestions for the third attempt. [#permalink]
Hello,
I gave the official test and got the same disappointing score of 590 Q47 V25. The score is similar to my score in the last attempt with the same split.
After spending 4 months of preparation, this was not the score I was expecting.
The mock scores and the official scores have a huge gap.
I have no idea how to go forward from here.
Should I consider switching to GRE or is it just the test day anxiety I need to handle during the test.
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1800 [1]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
gmat108 wrote:
Hello,
I gave the official test and got the same disappointing score of 590 Q47 V25. The score is similar to my score in the last attempt with the same split.
After spending 4 months of preparation, this was not the score I was expecting.
The mock scores and the official scores have a huge gap.
I have no idea how to go forward from here.
Should I consider switching to GRE or is it just the test day anxiety I need to handle during the test.

Hi gmat108,

Sorry to hear that your test day did not go as planned. I know how bad it feels to not being able to hit the target score inspite of dedicated efforts for a considerable period of time. Let me help you.

I would suggest you to speak to any advanced Strategy Expert as soon as possible to discuss your ESR, whenever available with you, and figure out the exact pain points responsible for holding you back.

Having said that, you can schedule a call with me using the link given below. This way you can take me through the approach being followed by you and provide me with few other important details required for advising you with a revised retake strategy. I have helped many students like you in improving their score by almost 100+ points. Would be happy to help you given the effort you have put in.

Click here to schedule a call
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Arpit,

I'm really sorry to hear that this 2nd attempt did not turn out better. When we discussed your prior attempt and ESR (back in March) we determined that there were clearly some specific areas that you would need to work on (both in terms of your knowledge of content and Tactics and in terms of how you would need to train to physically take the Test). Over the last 6 months, I'm sure that you developed a number of skills - so the fact that this 2nd result is so similar to your first is a bit surprising. Have you considered purchasing the ESR for this attempt? I ask because having the opportunity to compare the various data points (including your pacing) across the two Exams would likely help to define how you are 'responding' to the Exam - and could be useful even if you switched to the GRE. If you purchase the ESR, then I'll be happy to analyze it for you.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Expert Reply
gmat108 wrote:

For some people, GRE indeed turns out to be a happier hunting ground than GMAT.

However, if you have issues with test day anxiety, that's obviously going to haunt you in GRE as well.
GMAT Club Bot