Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:09 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72854 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Number of US Applicants to International Schools is Growing [#permalink]
To me, this will be one of the most interesting trends to watch. There was a wave of US schools opening up global locations, and it seems that activity has been somewhat paused of late. Having said that, there is tremendous rush in international schools to build their own brands, with interesting 'sabbatical' or temporary options for top US talent. So more to be seen here..

Also, one thing is still clear, the demand for top managerial talent still way outstripps the supply in developing countries. Management consultancies still service a lot of their Asia/Middle Eastern businesses with North American and European staff, with fledgling local offices. This will only correct itself over time.

So interesting trends to watch!

Aveek Guha, President, https://mbadaycamp.com/school_prospects.php
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Very interesting topic. I actually considered HKUST, but felt that my application wouldn't be fully prepared by the deadline. And didn't bb enter into an exchange program with this school?

In my opinion, U.S. students who seek an advantage through an Asian MBA also need to learn a foreign language. And by "learn," I mean actually learn and not take one or two conversation classes. Otherwise, one's Asian experience and education will be incomplete.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
I usually would never link to the BusinessWeek MBA forum because it's such crap. But the discussion below fits the topic quite well and it's very amusing and entertaining to see US students' reactions:

US schools see their power begin to wane
https://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/fo ... &tid=85948
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Supply Chain Management\Operations\Logistics
Schools:UMD Smith, MSU Broad w/$$, Northeastern w/$$$, PSU Smeal - cancelled int, withdrawn
 Q45  V40
GPA: 3.05
WE 1: Real Estate - 4 yrs
WE 2: Manufacturing - 1 yr
Send PM
I believe that this trend is inevitable considering the rapid development of Asian countries, especially following the economic rise of the four Asian Tigers (Taiwan, Singapore, S. Korea, HK). The way people do business in this region of the world is much different than in the USA, and to keep up with the changing global marketplace the people are smart to jump on the international school bandwagon.
GMAT Club Bot