Last visit was: 05 Jun 2024, 03:56 It is currently 05 Jun 2024, 03:56
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1   2   3   4  ...  39   
Director
Director
Affiliations: NYK Line
Own Kudos [?]: 1882 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1834 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1834 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015 [#permalink]
Kudos
jojojoseph wrote:
Posting for the first time on GMAT club.
Software engineer with 5yrs experience vying for making it to ISB with no GMAT score yet! LOL
Complete destruction of confidence with range of low verbal scores and gmatprep1 score of 620.(q49,v26)
Not quitting until i have the result of the battle! writing exam on August 1st.

Welcome to gmatclub :)

Dude don't get demoralized with the low score, you have got a plenty of time in your hand to make that score reach the 7xx figure.
For verbal, go through the MGMAT sentence correction book and the OG thoroughly ... that should solve your problems :)
All the best with your preparation.
Also, since you are giving your GMAT in august, that will leave you just 1.5 months for your application as the R1 date is 15th september. So you should give the essays a look and start devicing a rough sketch of your essays probably after sometime.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [5]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Hello applicants,

I have fair shares of successes and failures while applying to b-schools last year. I got finally admitted to MIT Sloan MBA Program early this year. Ideally I want to help applications get through ivy-leagues, so ISB will become a cakewalk/ comparatively easy for them.

I am the Indian with the lowest GMAT score of 700 who made it to Sloan this year. I would like to share some insights - Power of your stories which everybody has - on how you can also get in to ivy-league/ISB. This formula works across all b-schools, so ISB will not be so much difficult for you. I believe if I can make it with low score, anyone can make it to great schools with even lower scores.

Please feel free to get in touch with me:
Pawan Gupta, MIT Sloan Admit | Email: its.pawan.kr@gmail[dot]com | Read my story at: www[dot]facebook[dot]com/ivy.admit.club
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1882 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ankurgupta03 wrote:
jojojoseph wrote:
Software engineer with 5yrs experience vying for making it to ISB with no GMAT score yet! LOL
Complete destruction of confidence with range of low verbal scores and gmatprep1 score of 620.(q49,v26)

Dude don't get demoralized with the low score, you have got a plenty of time in your hand to make that score reach the 7xx figure.
For verbal, go through the MGMAT sentence correction book and the OG thoroughly ... that should solve your problems :)
Also, since you are giving your GMAT in august, that will leave you just 1.5 months for your application as the R1 date is 15th september. So you should give the essays a look and start devicing a rough sketch of your essays probably after sometime.

When you sign up for the ISB application. Initially , there is a sort of registration form that you have to fill in. In the same registration form you have to enter date of first joining, I entered it as 08th March 10...which is graduation date. I shud have entered 09th March 2010. Now when you start to fill in your employment details , your first employment date must match with the date of first joining that you entered initially.

However the problem is resolved with the help of ad com.

Archit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
jojojoseph wrote:

Thanks Ankur:)
Yeah should start with Essay in a while... Waiting for a 7XX score to throttle application!
Wrong move/right move?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1882 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Attended the info session at kolkata. I have been attending it for quite some time. It was totally different this time. In all previous info sessions Mr Kanan said they just want a valid gmat score, but this time he clarified that GMAT is not the most but one of the most strongest factors for getting through ISB.

There was no mention about ISB ranking on a continous landslide from 15 to 25 to 38 now on ft.....I mean the should come fwd and explain the reason behind that and what measures are being taken to correct the downward trend.

Consider Kudos, If my post helps!!!

Archit
Retired Moderator
Send PM
jojojoseph wrote:

Thanks Ankur:)
Yeah should start with Essay in a while... Waiting for a 7XX score to throttle application!
Wrong move/right move?

Well ... i would say that do not entirely wait for the GMAT to get over and then start working on the essays, have a look at them and probably make a rough sketch of your essays, list down your achievements, positives, major things, over a period of days.
That will help you :)
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Archit143 wrote:
Attended the info session at kolkata. I have been attending it for quite some time. It was totally different this time. In all previous info sessions Mr Kanan said they just want a valid gmat score, but this time he clarified that GMAT is not the most but one of the most strongest factors for getting through ISB.

Archit

Finally ISB people agree to the point which everybody knew from always :P
But i think that the high GMAT score will only be useful for the common pool of applicant like we the IT people.
People like you Archit should not give the statement much of a thought and just keep on polishing your essays ...

Originally posted by ankurgupta03 on 24 Jun 2013, 05:15.
Last edited by ankurgupta03 on 24 Jun 2013, 05:22, edited 1 time in total.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1834 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Archit143 wrote:
There was no mention about ISB ranking on a continous landslide from 15 to 25 to 38 now on ft.....I mean the should come fwd and explain the reason behind that and what measures are being taken to correct the downward trend.

Archit

I have an explanation about that ...
I asked it during my interview, and the panel consisting on one adcom and two alums said that rankings give a high weight age on salaries and that too salaries in dollars, something around 40% weight-age.

So due to the ever sliding rupee, the average salary in dollars has decreased and hence the rankings.
There might be some other factors also, but if the info provided to me was correct, then this is a big contributor to the downfall in the rankings ...
Director
Director
Send PM
Actually i had read the reason on ft ranking analysis. The reason mentioned there was that the students are not able to find job in comparison to other B schools on the same rank. So you cannot blame it all on rupee depreciation. Much is to the falling repute of the college too. You can check the avg CTC of 2010 and compare with present one. The avg pay is reducing.

Consider kudos If my post helps!!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Hi Guys,
Can anybody tell me how ISB looks at score report with multiple Gmat attempts ? Do they consider the highest score or average of all scores ? I'm asking this since I'm going to take my first attempt at Gmat in few days, but as of now it seems highly unlikely that I will be reach my target score of 740. I'm in dilemma of whether to cancel(as exam is < 7 days away) the exam so that I can have just one good score on my score report or to take it, resulting in a possibly lower score on my score report. Pls advise.

- Tarun
Retired Moderator
Send PM
taruntuteja wrote:
Hi Guys,
Can anybody tell me how ISB looks at score report with multiple Gmat attempts ? Do they consider the highest score or average of all scores ? I'm asking this since I'm going to take my first attempt at Gmat in few days, but as of now it seems highly unlikely that I will be reach my target score of 740. I'm in dilemma of whether to cancel(as exam is < 7 days away) the exam so that I can have just one good score on my score report or to take it, resulting in a possibly lower score on my score report. Pls advise.

- Tarun

Hi Tarun,

I attended a webinar arranged by ISB yesterday and professor Kannan explicitly said that ISB will consider the highest GMAT score whether it is the first score or the third score. I hope that i am able to answer your question just in time .. before your GMAT. Sorry for the delay. Was bit busy so could not reply.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Archit143 wrote:
Actually i had read the reason on ft ranking analysis. The reason mentioned there was that the students are not able to find job in comparison to other B schools on the same rank. So you cannot blame it all on rupee depreciation. Much is to the falling repute of the college too. You can check the avg CTC of 2010 and compare with present one. The avg pay is reducing.

Archit, actually, the average pay is decreasing because of the depreciation of the rupee. The students who get jobs in India, for them the conversion is done, which results in a lower value and hence affects the rankings ...
Director
Director
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
Archit143 wrote:

Archit, actually, the average pay is decreasing because of the depreciation of the rupee. The students who get jobs in India, for them the conversion is done, which results in a lower value and hence affects the rankings ...

Tell me than why is European schools increasing there presence in FT ranking...If you see closely two new europeon schools have entered the ranking and they are Lisbon mba and tilsburg. Euro too is weak. Why are korean schools improving on rankings. Korean money is weak compared to dollar.....
It will be biased to just mention one fact that is weak rupee. IIM pgppx is also declining in rank but not as ISB. It is on a full swing.

may be pundits of ranking can better explain the decline.

Archit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Hi Ankur,
Thanks for the reply. Good to know that ISB only considers the best score. However I went ahead and cancelled the appointment because of health issues. I see that you have already taken GMAT once and scored a good 700. I also see noticed that your MGMAT mock scores are similar to what I scored in the first two CATs. However I'm still not really sure of anywhere close to 700. How do you see the actual test compared to MGMAT CATs.
One more thing, since you have already applied to ISB once. How much time you took to complete the application process ? I'm supposing that two months should be fine. What do you say ?

- Tarun
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 241 [1]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: ISB '15
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
I am gonna die by the time I finish applications :| I think its easier to get 99.999%ile in CAT :'(
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Dreaming wrote:
I am gonna die by the time I finish applications :| I think its easier to get 99.999%ile in CAT :'(

hahaha ... dont loose hope is the moral of the story :)
having said this, i have not even started off my application process and your statement is giving me jitters :)
Retired Moderator
Send PM
taruntuteja wrote:
Hi Ankur,
Thanks for the reply. Good to know that ISB only considers the best score. However I went ahead and cancelled the appointment because of health issues. I see that you have already taken GMAT once and scored a good 700. I also see noticed that your MGMAT mock scores are similar to what I scored in the first two CATs. However I'm still not really sure of anywhere close to 700. How do you see the actual test compared to MGMAT CATs.
One more thing, since you have already applied to ISB once. How much time you took to complete the application process ? I'm supposing that two months should be fine. What do you say ?

- Tarun

Ya Tarun i think two months should suffice, i took my GMAT 19th of OCT and then started my application, which was to be finished before 30th Nov.
I believe that since i got an interview call, the application would have been OK :P

So yes, two months would suffice,
This time around also i am keeping around two months for application process :)
When is your GMAT?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4  ...  39   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6954 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts