Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 16:11 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [2]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [5]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.84
WE:Editorial and Writing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [1]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
Yale has posted its detailed class profile for C/O 2015. GMAT range went from 660-760 to 690-740 and the average GMAT went down from 717 to 714. Seems like lot less people have lower scores this year, and the ones who do, have very low scores.

https://som.yale.edu/our-programs/full-t ... ss-profile
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
@hailmary, the more interesting thing for us was that the class size went from 290 on 8/14 when they posted the Yale Welcomes New Students article, to 291 in the class profile that you linked to - some lucky waitlisted dog was celebrating recently!! Wonder what went into that decision.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Send PM
essaysnark wrote:
@hailmary, the more interesting thing for us was that the class size went from 290 on 8/14 when they posted the Yale Welcomes New Students article, to 291 in the class profile that you linked to - some lucky waitlisted dog was celebrating recently!! Wonder what went into that decision.

Probably a current Yale grad student who walked over to the SOM building and won the Adcoms' heart over.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [3]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Yale SOM - Class of 2015
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Guys,

I am happy introduce my self as a proud member of the Yale MBA Class of 2015. I can still remember exactly last year this time around how I was all over the place trying to figure what I want to achieve and where to pursue my MBA. I can proudly say this platform, with people like OhDenny, has played pivotal role to my admission into Yale SOM. Now its time for me to help my dear friends and prospective students for the class of 2016. So I am happy to provide my thoughts and "insider information" :P :D about the few of the amazing things that I saw in Yale in just 3 weeks of time which you think might be helpful for your major decision at this juncture in life.

Do feel free to drop in a PM or reply in this thread. I will get back to you ASAP and I will be checking the forum once a day to ensure I do not miss any questions from my friends in here. For what its worth, I am an international student so I can provide thoughts and answer questions for any international student specific questions.

- Yours Maxkrewl
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.5
WE:Account Management (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Does the GMAT score report needs to be sent in BEFORE the 25th September deadline?? I cannot find information about it anywhere on the YALE SOM website.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
HedgeWi wrote:
Does the GMAT score report needs to be sent in BEFORE the 25th September deadline?? I cannot find information about it anywhere on the YALE SOM website.

Usually they expect you to take the GMAT by the deadline, but I'm not sure when they hope to receive it by. It might vary by school. I'd suggest calling and asking.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Kudos
hailmary wrote:
essaysnark wrote:

Probably a current Yale grad student who walked over to the SOM building and won the Adcoms' heart over.

Posted from my mobile device

I can confirm that hailmary's guess is a true story. Not sure how many weeks ago it happened though! :)
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
Only 2.5 weeks until the R1 deadline. Hope all your apps are coming along nicely!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
aerien wrote:
Only 2.5 weeks until the R1 deadline. Hope all your apps are coming along nicely!

Adding myself to this forum. Like Hailmary, I too am a reapplicant (was waitlisted last year and then released from the WL with rd 2 folks).

Question for other applicants here - did anyone else receive an invite last week to the Yale SOM Dean's Webinar which is being held this week?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 620 Q40 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q46 V40
Send PM
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:

Adding myself to this forum. Like Hailmary, I too am a reapplicant (was waitlisted last year and then released from the WL with rd 2 folks).

Question for other applicants here - did anyone else receive an invite last week to the Yale SOM Dean's Webinar which is being held this week?

Hey NYCFinanceGuy

Would you mind sharing your stats from last year? I received the invite for the webinar as well.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Send PM
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
aerien wrote:

NYCFinanceGuy: Did you request and receive the feedback on your application? Was it helpful?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
hailmary wrote:
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
aerien wrote:

NYCFinanceGuy: Did you request and receive the feedback on your application? Was it helpful?

Nothing too helpful. They said my application was overall, very strong but that others simply presented a more compelling overall picture. That the decision for me was truly the result of a highly competitive applicant pool and limited space but that upside of this is that I am in a "good position to refine my application for the coming year."

How about yourself? Anything helpful?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Anyone knows when do you have to complete the video interviews by? Do you have to do it before deadline?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q42 V41
GMAT 3: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
You don't need to complete it before the deadline. Once you submit your application, you will get an email with instructions for the video, which will include how long you have to do it. I haven't submitted yet, so I am not 100% sure of exactly how long you have to do it. Is there anyone who has already submitted and received this email that can chime in?

quincyliao wrote:
Anyone knows when do you have to complete the video interviews by? Do you have to do it before deadline?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
jpd5044 wrote:
You don't need to complete it before the deadline. Once you submit your application, you will get an email with instructions for the video, which will include how long you have to do it. I haven't submitted yet, so I am not 100% sure of exactly how long you have to do it. Is there anyone who has already submitted and received this email that can chime in?

quincyliao wrote:

Thank you! Great. I am on vacation right after deadline so I just hope I have more than a week to do it! Haha../
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
jpd5044 wrote:

quincyliao wrote:

I haven't submitted either, but this was from a recent interview with Bruce DelMonico, the Director of Admissions:

"This year, for the first round, people will submit their application and then they will be invited to complete the video questions. They will have a short time, probably a week or so, to do that."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.84
WE:Editorial and Writing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
sdd996 wrote:
jpd5044 wrote:

quincyliao wrote:

I haven't submitted either, but this was from a recent interview with Bruce DelMonico, the Director of Admissions:

"This year, for the first round, people will submit their application and then they will be invited to complete the video questions. They will have a short time, probably a week or so, to do that."

You guys are going to post your interview questions here, to help out all your forum buddies, right? :-D
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts