Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:25 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V45
GPA: 3.2
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q42 V41
GMAT 3: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Send PM
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
jpd5044 wrote:
Submitted!

...only to realize after the fact that I left out the word "as" in my optional essay. Hoping this minor error isn't a dagger...

If missing a single "as" is the only error you found in your submitted app, you're doing a lot better than some other folks ;) Relax. Most people won't notice, and if they do, it won't automatically put you in the ding pile.

Good luck! Go have fun this weekend and try to not start refreshing this page until after the application deadline.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
PSA for the last weekend before the R1 deadline:

Proofread your essays. Make sure your essay says "Yale" and not some other program's name. Remind your recommenders to submit their letters if they haven't done so already.

And most importantly, take a moment to breathe. You'll all get through this!

Happy to answer any last minute questions or be a sounding board for any happiness, sadness, or stress coming from the application submitting process.

*Note: I am in no way connected to adcom. Anything I say or advice I happen to offer is just my opinion and bears zero weight in your chances of being admitted, waitlisted, or dinged.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Kudos
Hey all - I've been sorely remiss in updating my blog, but I finally have a new post. It's a pretty brief overview of the past month of school, but hopefully now that I'm catching up on life, I'll be posting more regularly!

Hope to see many of you when you come for interviews over the next few months!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NTU '15 (S)
GPA: 3.08
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Can anyone confirm whether the video questions need to be uploaded before the dead line ? I have submitted my application but did not receive the links to the video questions yet.

jpd5044 wrote:
You don't need to complete it before the deadline. Once you submit your application, you will get an email with instructions for the video, which will include how long you have to do it. I haven't submitted yet, so I am not 100% sure of exactly how long you have to do it. Is there anyone who has already submitted and received this email that can chime in?

quincyliao wrote:
Anyone knows when do you have to complete the video interviews by? Do you have to do it before deadline?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello :)

Thanks for all your inputs

I needed your thoughts on one particular dilemma i am having.My GPA is 7.7/10 in Engineering .On a 4 point scale my GPA would be 3.08. Moreover my university follows an absolute scoring system unlike most universities which follows a relative scoring system. i also had very high scores(more than 90%) in Engineering maths throughout my degree.
Will the 3.08 GPA affect my chances to yale?

machichi wrote:
Hey all - I've been sorely remiss in updating my blog, but I finally have a new post. It's a pretty brief overview of the past month of school, but hopefully now that I'm catching up on life, I'll be posting more regularly!

Hope to see many of you when you come for interviews over the next few months!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
pjaseem wrote:
Can anyone confirm whether the video questions need to be uploaded before the dead line ? I have submitted my application but did not receive the links to the video questions yet.

jpd5044 wrote:
You don't need to complete it before the deadline. Once you submit your application, you will get an email with instructions for the video, which will include how long you have to do it. I haven't submitted yet, so I am not 100% sure of exactly how long you have to do it. Is there anyone who has already submitted and received this email that can chime in?

quincyliao wrote:
Anyone knows when do you have to complete the video interviews by? Do you have to do it before deadline?

The video portion is new this year for R1, and I would wait until the adcom reaches out to you to set it up. I don't know specific dates, but if you are worried about it, just call the admissions office to ask. They will at least give you a better sense of what to expect.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Guys and girls,

I won't get into the specifics of why I'm asking this, but how much is the application fee, exactly? :)

Thank you!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
vasilescu wrote:
Guys and girls,

I won't get into the specifics of why I'm asking this, but how much is the application fee, exactly? :)

Thank you!

$225.
Director
Director
Send PM
The app is in. Can any one please tell me how long it takes to get an interview invite? I am guessing the timing might be different this year given the video interview component, but in R3 last year some applicants got real interview invite first and then video interview instructions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
hailmary wrote:
The app is in. Can any one please tell me how long it takes to get an interview invite? I am guessing the timing might be different this year given the video interview component, but in R3 last year some applicants got real interview invite first and then video interview instructions.

Last year the video interview was more for test purposes just for rd 3 applicants whereas this year it is a mandatory part of the application for all applicants. I would assume that interview invites will be similar to last year with the one difference being that this years deadline was one week earlier so they may start inviting people one week earlier.

That said, I am a reapplicant and I know for a fact after speaking with adcom that they will not invite reapplicants to interview if they were invited for an interview in the last two years. So don't freak out if you interviewed last year and do not get an invite this year -- it's normal.
Director
Director
Send PM
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
hailmary wrote:

Last year the video interview was more for test purposes just for rd 3 applicants whereas this year it is a mandatory part of the application for all applicants. I would assume that interview invites will be similar to last year with the one difference being that this years deadline was one week earlier so they may start inviting people one week earlier.

That said, I am a reapplicant and I know for a fact after speaking with adcom that they will not invite reapplicants to interview if they were invited for an interview in the last two years. So don't freak out if you interviewed last year and do not get an invite this year -- it's normal.

I was wait listed without interview last year (kind of odd), so I am hoping to get one this time. I am lot more charming in person than on paper (shameless plug I know). :)
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
pjaseem wrote:

I needed your thoughts on one particular dilemma i am having.My GPA is 7.7/10 in Engineering .On a 4 point scale my GPA would be 3.08. Moreover my university follows an absolute scoring system unlike most universities which follows a relative scoring system. i also had very high scores(more than 90%) in Engineering maths throughout my degree.

Hey pjaseem - you don't need to worry about your grades. All of the adcoms are very familiar with different grading systems and they will know how to evaluate your grades. They'll be looking in detail at the transcripts and they'll see the 90% scores, plus they know that certain schools grade more aggressively (sounds like maybe you went to an IIT and they're definitely very well versed in how each of them works). You shouldn't enter the 3.08 anywhere in the apps; we're even doubtful that that's what your GPA-equivalent would be, based on all these issues. Bottom line is, don't stress! You'll be fine!! :P

EssaySnark
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
aerien wrote:
pjaseem wrote:

jpd5044 wrote:

They wouldn't give an exact date, but they said you could probably expect to receive info regarding the video questions within a couple of days post-deadline (at least for Round 1). They said you would then have approx. 1 week to complete the questions after you received the link. Hope this helps!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.43
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Application is in. Kind of a weird feeling. All the time and effort I spent putting everything together and now it's out of my hands... oh well, I am finally going to go watch some Walking Dead!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey essaysnark .Thanks for the inputs. :) :-D

Can you let me know how i should convert my GPA to a 4 point scale.
I think most of the schools require the GPA in a 4 point scale.

essaysnark wrote:
pjaseem wrote:

Hey pjaseem - you don't need to worry about your grades. All of the adcoms are very familiar with different grading systems and they will know how to evaluate your grades. They'll be looking in detail at the transcripts and they'll see the 90% scores, plus they know that certain schools grade more aggressively (sounds like maybe you went to an IIT and they're definitely very well versed in how each of them works). You shouldn't enter the 3.08 anywhere in the apps; we're even doubtful that that's what your GPA-equivalent would be, based on all these issues. Bottom line is, don't stress! You'll be fine!! :P

EssaySnark
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Submitted my application few minutes back but no confirmation mail from Yale on submission of mail. Did everyone face this?
Director
Director
Send PM
rahulrg wrote:
Hi Guys,

Submitted my application few minutes back but no confirmation mail from Yale on submission of mail. Did everyone face this?

I got a payment confirmation only. but, if you log in, you will see your application as submitted.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts