Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 03:14 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 03:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.61
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT Date: 03-31-2014
GPA: 3.68
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72908 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
sriharc wrote:
Hello Everyone!

My name is Sridhar and I am from Delhi. I am planning to take GMAT in the month of July and planning to apply for R1 for 2015 admissions.
Was thinking either to join kaplan center or prinston for GMAT class. Could any one suggest which is the best in Delhi?

Would be of great help to me.

Regards
Sridhar

Hi and Welcome to GMAT Club!
You can see reviews here for the Delhi courses: https://gmatclub.com/reviews/location/new-delhi-451

Looks like Kaplan may be a better bet or some of the online courses. See more reviews on the main page: https://gmatclub.com/reviews/

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Hi i am new on this forum and i join this forum recently for the purpose of share and get important information. I hope, i will enjoy and make new friends on this forum.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Send PM
Hi everyone. Here to prepare for the GMAT. Taking a diagnostic this weekend after one week of brief study.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hey All,

Here is my background - Bachelor's in Engineering, 7+ years of technology experience. Plan is to study everyday 3-4 hrs per day. Goal is GMAT score = 700-750
Need expert advice on how to start & improve the score? Need some tips for improving concentration too.

@YeahRight = How did you do on your diagnostic test? I gave OG book diagnostic test and scored about average in all sections(little disappointed :( ). I started OG maths practice from yesterday. Whats your study plan, Score goal and material you are using ?

Thanks!
SGMAT2014
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT Date: 09-17-2014
GPA: 2.93
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hello All,

I am here for GMAT. Although I have registered in GMAT CLUB more than 6 months ago, this is my first post :-D

Background- B.Tech in Production Engg , Currently working in IT sector- 21 months, planning to pursue MBA in 2015 or 2016 and aiming at score above 700 :)

I am planning to study for 3 months and give my GMAT in June/July 2014. I am glad to find a community like this, looking forward to share, get help and get to know possible insights about GMAT prep and ultimately to find a way to nail it.

Win-Win Scenario ( share and learn ) :)

Regards,
Harsha Dandu
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Human Resources
GMAT 1: 610 Q49 V24
GPA: 3
WE:Information Technology (Human Resources)
Send PM
Hi all,

Myself Vaibhav from India.
Total Exp = 4 yrs.
GMAT Target = 700+

I gave GMAT Prep software 1st test and got 460 without any preparation. Got a little disappointed and joined Jamboree Coaching for GMAT.

Thanks,
Vaibhav
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey All,

Update from my side -I gave GMAT practice test yesterday (without any practice) & got 460.
I know I gave practice test too early and without preparation but wanted to see how I do it? & also wanted to identify my weak areas.

Weak points:
1. Maths = I did more than 20 questions right. But still very long way to go
2. Verbal = 21/41 :( ==== could not concentrate & read fast = RC paragraphs and did not get enough time for last 8-9 questions
3. Concentration & time management = sitting at one place for 4 long hours

My plan = start Maths, CR, RC = everyday 20-30 questions each and SC revision == using Manhattan material.

Please let me know if you have better advice for me on improving my score & concentration.

Thanks!
SGMAT2014

Originally posted by SGMAT2014 on 31 Mar 2014, 05:00.
Last edited by SGMAT2014 on 08 May 2014, 07:02, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone:

I am a student of economics, and I will start with GAMT soon. I really like this fórum and it is a pleasure to be here with all of you sharing tips about GMAT.

:)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: Duke '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hi All,

My name is Aibek. I am from Kyrgyzstan, I bet 99.9% of you don't know where it is.lol. Anyways, here is my background - I have 5-year degree (USSR type) in Finance and Economics and 3 years experience in the leading bank in our country as a Corporate Lending Officer.

I'm in the very beginning of this fascinating adventure called MBA pursuit. Aiming to score above 700 and get to one of the top 10 Business Schools as most of people here I guess.))

Thanks,
Aibek.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone, I am also a newbie and wanted to introduce myself to all you wonderful guys out there. And what better place than this thread. I am from India, my name is Rakesh Kumar and am a student. Hope I enjoy my stay here interacting with all of you everyday.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Guys, my name is David from nairobi, kenya. I stumbled across this as I was looking for a study preparation app at the apple App Store. I plan to do the GMAT at the end of this month. My preparation has not been the best , due to work pressure, but I'm targeting a score of 500, to join the United States international university , here in nairobi. I hope to get as much as possible from this forums.

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Hey guys,

my name is Federico and I study Economics. First of all I'm glad to be a new member of this amazing forum, for me the best for the GMAT. To be honest I am far from trying to realize my dream of an MBA in Finance in one of the top b schools, anyway I plan to take the test at the end of the year or at most during Jan/Feb 2015 to join an interesting european program offered by my University so I'll do my best to perform well. The GMAT, in particular for its attractive nature, has become one of my principal areas of interest lately so I read every article and I try to "steal" every useful information and advice that I can. My preparation is already begun but I can't devote too much time to it during the day, so I have to spread the effort out during this extensive period of time... It's obvious that you can give me a significant help but I'd really love to become an active and useful part of your family!

This said, nice to meet you all and good luck to everybody :wink:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 570 Q42 V27
GPA: 2.74
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi all,

My name is Gopal.
I am from India (Mumbai) Graduated with a Bachelors in Engg in IT in 2009. Gave the GMAT the same year scored 570 (hadnt much prepared).
I am wishing to give the GMAT with a target score of 710+. Planning to give the exam in July-Aug time frame.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Hello,

Joined this forum a while ago, but have been active since couple of weeks. What a good source of information the forum has. Great to see a pool of intelligent and like minded people. Looks like i am not at all alone... Would be glad to read more and interact with you. I am from India and will be 4 years into experience next month.

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi
I found about this forum through google just yesterday and it has been a lot of help with starting with my gmat prep. I'm currently a student at college, I plan to give gmat in August which is about 3 good months away.

My strengths would be the math section( I was pretty good at math during school days and have maintained that upto now too!). What seems like a real challenge is the CR section. I aim to score about mid 700s, and I hope to achieve that through dedicated study(as i have my summer vacations and have ample time on my hand!).
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Hi,

I am Arpit from India, working with a leading Investment Bank as Quant Strategist for close to 2 years now.
I did my Bachelors in Engineering, in Information Technology from Delhi College of Engineering, India.

I would be appearing for the first time for GMAT, somewhere in July 2014 end.
My target, like most of you, is 730+. Quite, a long shot but as they say, miles to go before I sleep.

Cheers! :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Information Technology (Insurance)
Send PM
Kenny: