GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Sep 2018, 18:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2014, 13:45
MBAIvy wrote:
Hi, I'm a Harvard grad and a former Harvard interviewer. I currently run the MBA admissions consulting firm: http://www.MBAIvyLeague.com out of Manhattan. Happy to answer any questions about the MBA application process and provide general advice that might be helpful to the GMATClub community!

Jillian
MBA Ivy League
http://www.MBAIvyLeague.com

Hello Jillian!
Great to have you here - welcome!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Admission Consultant
B
Affiliations: Harvard University

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2014, 14:04
Thanks!

Jillian
MBA Ivy League
www.MBAIvyLeague.com

I'm a former Harvard admissions interviewer and Harvard grad, and currently run the award-winning MBA & EMBA admission firm and blog: http://www.MBAIvyLeague.com. Check out the blog and contact me for a free consultation today!

Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 09-02-2014

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2014, 07:22
Hi All,

My name is Sulochana and I have been working with Accenture Services Pvt Ltd, India for past 2 years. My family is shifting to Washington DC for good permanently and I look forward to pursue an MBA from one of the top universities in the USA.

I have registered to take my GMAT on 2nd Sep,14 and have been preparing myself through self study for last 15days. I have reached to a score of 620 at GMAT practice test but I aim for 700+. The materials that helped me in refreshing basics were Total GMAT Math by Jeff Sackmenn and Manhattan Strategy Guides(esp Number properties, SC , CR and RC). I have practiced OG 13th edition which I believe was a lot helpful in fact "The GITA" while taking GMAT practice test.

But the problem with me now is I do not know a way ahead from this 620 to 700+. I feel I am short of practice questions now in both Quant and Verbal. I have been following Bunnel's math forum to clear some concepts. But it would be great if anyone can guide me to choose more practice books on both Verbal and Quant with 700+ level questions.

It will be a lot helpful if you can suggest me any good institution in Delhi (South Delhi) which can guide me at least for a month to help me improve my score. I would also welcome if you wish to suggest me to remain in self study mode(preferred most) but then I would need more materials and improvement suggestions.

In hope to get a reply soon. All the best everyone!!

P.S. - Can anyone tell me how do you upload a profile picture here...didn't see any option for it under "My Profile" or "Settings" tab. :-D :oops:

Thanks
Sulochana
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2014, 23:43
Hi Everybody!!!!!! My name is Shivam Bharadwaj, I have been working in Lemon Tree Premier Hotel, Bangalore for 1 year and I live near MG Road/ Ulsoor lake area in bangalore, I am looking to form a study group as i want to give this exam in the next 7 months...... I am targeting a score of 700 - 750 and I ahave already started preparing and want to take it forward in a group since it exponentially increases the learning curve... Message me n tell me plz.........ASAP
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2014, 23:51
Hi Everybody!!!!!! My name is Shivam, I live near MG Road/ Ulsoor area in bangalore and I have been working in Lemon Tree Premier, Ulsoor Lake for 1 year,

I am looking to form a study group as i want to give this exam in the next 7 months and get a score of 700 - 750...... I have already started my preparation and want to take it forward in a group to exponentially boost the learning curve... Message me n tell me..
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2014, 00:23
Hi All,
This is suvojit.I have come to know about this GMAT Club from Google & yeah what i found, it's very much useful for GMAT Aspirants. I am new into GMAT preparation,just started some days ago.Hope GMAT Club's & it's member's useful tips will guide me for the best.
I am a civil engineer having 5 yrs experience in some fields offered to me- planning,renewable power projects & waste management.I will look for operations if this GMAT dream comes true.I guess I'm weak in verbal.Have to work out a lot to improve my performance.
Hope guys like me who have just started their preparation will all be in touch & together we will achieve our Goal.

Hope for the best.
Good luck to all.
Admission Consultant
B
Affiliations: Harvard University

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2014, 22:25
My name is Jillian and I run the MBA admissions consulting firm, MBA Ivy League. I specialize in helping students get in to the Top ten programs and am a former Harvard interviewer, as well as a Harvard grad.

I am happy to answer questions on the forum about GMAT and essay questions/applications/interview prep, and try to check in to the forum frequently.

Thanks, and hello!

Jillian
MBA Ivy League
www.MBAIvyLeague.com

I'm a former Harvard admissions interviewer and Harvard grad, and currently run the award-winning MBA & EMBA admission firm and blog: http://www.MBAIvyLeague.com. Check out the blog and contact me for a free consultation today!

Intern
Intern
WE: Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2014, 04:07
Hello to all forum members!

Here is my story in a nutshell: I live in Croatia (new EU member state :idea:) and hold a MSc diploma in Electrical Engineering and diploma in Business (in Croatia it's typical to get Master diploma before gaining any real work experience). So for Croatia's standards, I have an above average CV but I don't believe internationally it has some real weight - one of the reasons I'm here.

I have 2,5 years of working experience mainly in Risk Management (commercial banking) and Corporate Finance / Financial Analysis. I've set-up a personal goal to myself: take the GMAT and score above 750 in the short-run. The GMAT and corresponding potential business schools are quite new to me. Honestly, currently I have no idea how to apply nor how would I finance any MBA without any real savings and with your typical Croatian bellow EU average standard of living / personal earnings. Problems are here to be solved so I chose the pragmatic approach of taking the GMAT, scoring high and seeing what may happen out of it later-on.

Anyhow, I'm really glad this community exists and I hope I'll be spending a lot of time here.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2014, 00:02
Hi everyone!

I'm half Japanese-Filipino, graduated from a university in the Philippines and just recently taught about taking an MBA. I still have a long way to go of planning. I am now based in Tokyo, working as a business/management consultant for a small Japanese company mainly for their subsidiary company in Manila for 3 years now. It would be nice to know other half jap-fil members or members who are based in Tokyo in this forum.

Good Luck to all of us!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2014, 06:35
thanks for the GoalStanford. i want to share to my goal. my goal is MBA admission. also i have best resume for it.
so i want to share this forum site. so accept my all the comments, then i will get more useful infos.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 610 Q44 V31
GMAT 2: 650 Q40 V39
GMAT 3: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 2.89
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2014, 01:39
Hi everyone! My name is Dustin. I graduated form Purdue University back in 2011. After graduation, I moved to Sydney, Australia for a job with a company that I called the Australian version of Redbox. It's been a great few years here, but I'm looking ahead to what's next! I think that answer is a MBA, so I'm putting my all into study to see what sort of marks I get.

Background: Undergrad in Selling & Sales Management. Minors in Organisational Leadership & Supervision and Entrepreneurship.

Current job: National Operations Manager

Interesting job facts: In 2010 I came to this business as an unpaid internship. In 2011 I moved back for a low-level operations job. Now I head up everything Operations related for the business!

Target Schools: LBS, Berkeley, and Chicago - Booth

Scores: My pre-tests were consistently hanging around 680 and I changed how I answered each question a week before the exam and fell all the way to 610.

Whats next: Coming back bigger and better and retaking in November to get my 700!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2014, 08:36
Hello, My name is Samikshya and I live in Tomball, Texas. I got my bachelors in accounting and Finance from UCCS in Colorado last year. Now I am trying to decide between PHD and MBA. I don't have a whole lot of experience in the field I'm shooting for. I took my first GMAT and was devastated. My score was 560 but that wasn't the devastating part. I lost my cool on the Integrated Reasoning section. I was only half way done when the 5 minute warning started flashing. I was so sad I ended up cancelling my score. All my life, I have been happy with what i've got but this time I want to get out of the box and aim for something out of my reach. So, I'm retackling this GMAT for the second time and my target is 720+ higher the better. I have three months to do it. Good luck everyone and I hope i can help this forum as much as I get help from it.
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2014, 08:45
samikshya4 wrote:
Hello, My name is Samikshya and I live in Tomball, Texas. I got my bachelors in accounting and Finance from UCCS in Colorado last year. Now I am trying to decide between PHD and MBA. I don't have a whole lot of experience in the field I'm shooting for. I took my first GMAT and was devastated. My score was 560 but that wasn't the devastating part. I lost my cool on the Integrated Reasoning section. I was only half way done when the 5 minute warning started flashing. I was so sad I ended up cancelling my score. All my life, I have been happy with what i've got but this time I want to get out of the box and aim for something out of my reach. So, I'm retackling this GMAT for the second time and my target is 720+ higher the better. I have three months to do it. Good luck everyone and I hope i can help this forum as much as I get help from it.

Hi and welcome to GMAT Club!
Good luck on your journey. Sounds like you should be able to do it. Just make sure you have a good schedule, good set of books or a course and stay on target. Figure out your strengths and weaknesses. Take small steps and small victories.

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 04:25
I am Vyom, I have 4.5 year of work ex in IT Consulting. I will be giving GMAT for the first time. I have MGMAT Complete Strategy and OG 2015 books for GMAT. Will be starting with MGMAT books one by one. GMAT is a new territory for me. I am targeting 720+ score so that i can get some scholarships. I am not targeting top colleges as fees is an issue for me. Iam hope i achieve my dream. thanks :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 14:05
Hi All,

So getting ready to leave life as an active duty air force officer, and realized my B.A. in History wasn't really going to do much for me in the real world so going to persue an MBA. A bit about me, I'm already took the GMAT and enrolled in an MBA program. Two problems, first off I tanked the GMAT (I don't remember my score but I want to say it was around 530) I didn't study...at all... and the school is an online one that didn't have a GMAT requirement. At the time I was just getting a master's degree to check a box to continue on in the Air Force so quality of education didn't really matter. However... now I realize that isn't the best route and will be looking to attend a real instution full time using my GI Bill. In terms of where I am looking to apply, well it depends a lot on my wife. She is a doctoral candidate and honestly it will where she is at (or relatively close). Based off my previous experience of self studying I have saved up and committed to taking the Vertias in person full course. When put in acadamic situations (flight school, other military eduction, etc) I'm excellent at studying. If it just studying on my own time, not so much. I am looking to take the GMAT in April, with applications for B school around Dec/Jan for the fall 2016 academic year. Those dates would allow my wife and I to make decisions about schools/careers knowing roughly where we could both be at. Otherwise we would be persuing seperate objectives with one person having to commit with no knowledge of where the other could be. I've done 5 years of long distance relationships, and not in a rush to go back. Is there any recommeneded preperation pre GMAT course? My math is rusty at best and grammar was never my strong suit.
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2014, 15:48
Welcome to GMAT Club Cardiff Chris!

My main suggestion would be not drag out and set GMAT date to about 3-4 months from the start of prep date. You don't have to book it that far out (usually plenty of slots at the test center, esp in APril) but you don't need to spend 8 months either. The sweet spot is 3-4 intense months of prep and enagement. It needs to be comprehensive if you are looking for 700 or above. If you take 6 months, you would be the limit of what your memory can handle without starting to drop pieces and require considerable review every day. Also, you don't need to subject yourself to the torture ;-)

Finally, here are a few threads you may find helpful:
calling-all-us-military-fall-2015-applicants-169726.html
gmat-club-military-discounts-152489.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT Date: 12-30-2014
GPA: 3.52
WE: Analyst (Retail Banking)

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2014, 09:31
Hello All,

I am Devin Shah and here's my profile. Please let me know if you have additional questions or feedback on my profile

Nationality : Indian
UG : B.E (EE) 3.52/4.00 GPA
GR : MS (EE) 3.00/4.00 GPA (University of Illionois- Chicago)
Work Exp : 8+ years in Financial sector as Analyst
GMAT : Planning to give by end of December'2014
Schools in mind : Fuqua, UVA, Columbia, Wharton, UNC-Chapel Hill and other similar ranked universities
Preparing from : Veritas Prep (just study materials)

To acknowledge my assistance in your learning through this post, please reward with adding kudos-

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2014, 10:26
vaggar4 wrote:
Hi all,

Myself Vaibhav from India.
Total Exp = 4 yrs.
GMAT Target = 700+

I gave GMAT Prep software 1st test and got 460 without any preparation. Got a little disappointed and joined Jamboree Coaching for GMAT.

Thanks,
Vaibhav

Hello Vaibhav,

I just joined GMAT Club today :)
I am also planning to join Jamboree classes in Pune, India. Could you please provide me some insight on how the coaching and Mock tests etc are there? Alsocould you please share your overall experience?

Thanks for your help!!

Regards,
Saurabh
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2014, 20:29
Hi everyone :)

I'm currently a college student, and I'm actually not seeking admission into an MBA program. I'm applying for a MAcc or MSF, and the GMAT is required too, so here I am!

Unfortunately I took my first test without being fully prepared and only scored Q47/V30. I'm hoping to retake it after I make a study plan of sorts.

Any advice is appreciated and good luck to everyone :)
Intern
Intern
Schools: Owen '17, Foster '17
GMAT Date: 01-17-2015
GPA: 2.8
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2014, 17:49
Hi all! I just signed up here as I am beginning a journey to a career switch. I am still not sure the exact direction I want to go with my career but the GMAT is the first step regardless of the direction I choose to take.

I have strong logic reasoning and analytic skills but I had bad study habits during undergraduate school so my GPA isn't the best. I was 3/4 of the way done with my BSME and I got discouraged by a few classes and switched to IE and I regret it. Now, I have grown professionally and developed my vision for what I want in life and in a career. I am wanting to push myself and my potential and see what I can do when I really apply myself. Im thinking of an MBA but I am also investigating an MS in Business Analytics or Predictive Analytics/Big Data.

Anyways, here are the details:

UG: BS Manufacturing Engineering Technology
School: University Of Memphis
GPA: 2.9
Work Exp: 4 Years (Industrial Engineering/Biomedical Manufacturing Engineering)
Goal: 690
My school choices depend on what path I take and what scores I can achieve. Assuming the best:

Tennessee-Knoxville (Business Analytics or MBA)
DePaul (not sure, I cant find the class profile for their MS in Predictive Analytics)
Vanderbilt Owen (MBA if my GMAT is anywhere close)

Possibly a few more as investigate the business analyst/predictive analytics programs. They aren't as cut and dried as the MBA programs. So if anyone has any insight to the new and growing field of predictive analytics feel free to chime in!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here &nbs [#permalink] 31 Oct 2014, 17:49

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63  ...  66    Next  [ 1317 posts ] 

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR SEPTEMBER
e-GMAT: Free 30 day Access! 25+ Video Lessons | 400+ Practice Questions | 7 Free Webinars
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL - Try it for free Online, personalized course | Tutor support | Special GMAT Club discount + tests included
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap