Last visit was: 23 May 2024, 04:19 It is currently 23 May 2024, 04:19
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.9
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [1]
Given Kudos: 60
Schools: ISB '15
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.9
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Bangalore Test Center feedback [#permalink]
Hi Seabhi,

I haven't taken yet. I have booked pearson on a later date.

Cheers and All the best!
Adith.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 600 Q47 V26
GMAT 3: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
kashyapavan wrote:
I wrote my GMAT exam there today. The exam was fine. No major problem that I want to complain about. It was pretty quiet and neat. The contact number 080-41127570.

Cheers!

Hi Kashyapan,

If you have been to the other test center near manipal could you kindly compare the two? If not can you please jot down the facilities and the kind of space available at the koramangala test center and your overall experience giving the exam there?

Thanks,
Aamir.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
hey guys,

Just giving my review since i've been to both.

In terms of set up, coordination, i personally feel the manipal center one is slightly better. The only real problem there though is finding parking. So if you go there just go by auto or cab. The place is quiet, you got to scan your palm everytime you step in and out of the exam room, and there is a glass separating the exam room from the person (invigilator?/helper?) sitting outside. The person also has a monitoring screen to monitor each test taker. This person was different from the person helping people sign in etc. Lastly, the exam room was quite spacious.

Now as for the one at koramangala, the only thing i really liked was that i got parking. :). There was no security guard to tell me to switch off my phone. There were two people at one desk. The main guy handling, signed people in and monitored the test takers. He ran in and out quite a few times. He forgot to scan test takers' palms after they were done with the exam or when they took their breaks. The exam room was smaller with no glass separation. The place was overall small.

And most importantly, my exam got postponed. :) i was supposed to do it at the Koramangala center and they had a technical issue. They weren't able to fix it by 5:40 pm. my exam was scheduled for 5pm and i got there an hour early hoping i could start immediately. So they gave me the option to reschedule and i obviously took it since i knew i wasn't pumped enough to sit for 4 more hours in front of the pc.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [5]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
I have taken GMAT at both the centers Manipal and Koramangala. Findings-

Manipal Center
Pros- Better organised, Better facilities.Clear guidelines given before.
Cons- Too many people taking up the exam, Avoid booking a weekend date, more strict about phones and stuff.

Koramangala,
Pros- Quiet, helpful staff(extra markers available),
Cons- Small area, not well organized.

All the best fellas! :)
----------------------------
Push kudos, it aint cost nothing!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Kudos
Took the GMAT at Think Education Services , Koramangala. Person handling the process was helpful. Test center might appear to be small overall, but there is absolutely no problem is seating whatsoever. Process went smoothly, including the breaks. Quiet overall, except for the keyboard typing sounds, but that is mostly restricted in the first section (AWA) only..and that will be there at any center you go to. Overall a comfortable experience. Would rate it 4.5/5.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello friends,

Need latest feedback on the Bengaluru test centres for GMAT exam.

Comparison between,
1. Pearson Professional Centers-Bangalore, Manipal center
2. Think Education Advisory Services LLP. Koramangala

fyi - have visited Pearson test center last year march time, and there was building restoration in ground floor which was quite disturbing for test takers. Hopefully there isn't any such work in progress. That aside, the test environ was friendly.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Kudos
Does the Kormangala center also provide earbuds in case it's not quiet? Is restroom near and can it be used comfortably during breaks?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone! I did take my test at this center. Here is the feedback.

Pros:
- Easily accessible.
- Mentors are a bit informal but very helpful.
- Test stations are comfortable & wide and there is almost no chance that you get disturbed by other test takers.

Cons:
- Not properly organized.
- Can hear construction noises from outside the center. (Even at low levels of noise I can easily get distracted especially when I am taking a test)
- The informal attire can definitely be a surprise if you are retaking here for the first time.

I was not told about the time left in one of my breaks and lost 30 seconds in the Quant section. To take the optional break, you don't need to raise your arm and notify. They forget to take the palm scans in the breaks. Overall, I would rate it 4/5.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 4
Send PM
Has the Koramangala centre closed down? I am unable to see it in the test centre list.

Please advise!
Thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 444
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.84
Send PM
Yeah..it has thankfully..mine and some people's scores have been cancelled due to taking the test there.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3
Send PM
Just FYI, I've got a retake scheduled at the Think Education Advisory Services center for 23rd June. Called up GMAC customer care and they said that they had no information regarding any changes to my appointment and that if at all there were any changes, I would be notified before the date.

Quite odd given that they've removed the center from the mba.com website. Needless to say I will be confirming with them again periodically prior to the test date.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Hi All,

My Exam is scheduled on 24th June at Koramangala Test Centre(THINK EDUCATION ADVISORY SERVICES LLP) & after seeing this conversation on this forum, I'm apprehensive about the fact that does exam will be scheduled at that center.

I have logged my query in GMAT Official Site but I guess they will take 2 business days to reply which will be quite late for me.

Did anyone who has booked at this center in this month received any received any response from concerned authority / did they inform about rescheduling.

Note: Even If I try to reschedule the exam, I need to pay the revised fees i guess

Please let me know if you have any information.

Regards,
Sharath
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT Date: 10-06-2014
Send PM
SHARATH3782 wrote:
Hi All,

My Exam is scheduled on 24th June at Koramangala Test Centre(THINK EDUCATION ADVISORY SERVICES LLP) & after seeing this conversation on this forum, I'm apprehensive about the fact that does exam will be scheduled at that center.

I have logged my query in GMAT Official Site but I guess they will take 2 business days to reply which will be quite late for me.

Did anyone who has booked at this center in this month received any received any response from concerned authority / did they inform about rescheduling.

Note: Even If I try to reschedule the exam, I need to pay the revised fees i guess

Please let me know if you have any information.

Regards,
Sharath

Heyy Sharath,

Do you have any information about the exam? Were you able to reschedule your exam? Did they do it free of cost or were you charged? Please drop me a note at kapslock20@gmail.com

OfficialGMAT Do we have any updates on this?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Hi All,

GMAT Customer Care responded to my request & over the call, I'm able to reschedule the exam at different center without additional cost.

Regards,
Sharath
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
Send PM
I was lucky to stumble across this thread. I had booked my exam with this centre and my exam date is 30th of July. I spoke to the centre now based on the information here and was shocked to understand that the slot I have booked for is no longer available and that I will have to get it rescheduled. I was asked to speak to Pearson VUE and get it rescheduled, and when I called Pearson, they weren't even aware of this development and said they cannot help me.
I am not talking to the test centre again to see what could be done.

I am not worried about rescheduling, but am just disappointed that no information is being passed to the candidates. The centre guys are going to call me shortly with an incident number that they log with Pearson VUE for this. Hopefully should be able to reschedule the appointment without any cost to me, fingers crossed.

Forgot to mention, the exam centre is open again now. They had a few upgrades to do, and hence were closed for 15-20 days.

Bottomline: Go with Pearson!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
Send PM