Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 03:59 It is currently 07 May 2024, 03:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [3]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Stern '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE:Design (Transportation)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Status:Birds fly because they have wings, not because they have sky.
Own Kudos [?]: 119 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Arnav180 wrote:
hello,

Anyone else having issues with logging in existing application ?? Mine was almost complete all with recos and essays.. just few details were left... I dunno what happened... :(

I am able to login fine, did you try resetting your password if older one is not working?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Arnav180 wrote:
hello,

Anyone else having issues with logging in existing application ?? Mine was almost complete all with recos and essays.. just few details were left... I dunno what happened... :(

Hey Arnav, even I am able to log in without any problems. Try resetting your password ... that might help.
On a side note, you are well ahead of the deadline. Well done!!! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Same here - no issues at all.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
aeropower wrote:

aeropower, I see that you had asked admitted students to see if they will be available for a chat for this application season. Do you have a list of such admitted students who are willing to speak with the forum members?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Engr2012 wrote:
aeropower wrote:

aeropower, I see that you had asked admitted students to see if they will be available for a chat for this application season. Do you have a list of such admitted students who are willing to speak with the forum members?

EndGame mentioned that they would be willing to help. Also OveragedAspirant offered help as well.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
aeropower wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
aeropower wrote:

EndGame mentioned that they would be willing to help. Also OveragedAspirant offered help as well.

Thanks aeropower. I will PM them and see their availabilities. A good initiative though!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Send PM
Not a problem at all. The Kellogg admits/alums have always been helpful to me, if there's any questions that might help others, please post it!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Engineering (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Hey guys, I'm planning to apply in Round 1.
Just had a quick question : When is the deadline for the video essay? is that also due on 22nd?
I happened to read that the video essay must be completed within a week of submitting a completed application. Does this mean we need to submit the application before 16th to also submit the video essay by 22nd ? or can we submit everything else by 22nd and the video essay by 29th ?

sorry if this sounds stupid but I didn't want to take any chances.

Thanks and regards,
Natarajan
SVP
SVP
Send PM
natarajansrikrishnan wrote:
Hey guys, I'm planning to apply in Round 1.
Just had a quick question : When is the deadline for the video essay? is that also due on 22nd?
I happened to read that the video essay must be completed within a week of submitting a completed application. Does this mean we need to submit the application before 16th to also submit the video essay by 22nd ? or can we submit everything else by 22nd and the video essay by 29th ?

sorry if this sounds stupid but I didn't want to take any chances.

Thanks and regards,
Natarajan

From Kellogg's application page: https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/pr ... ocess.aspx

Q: How much time will I have to complete the video essays?
A: After submitting your application you will be given access to the Video Essay component and will have one week after the application is due to complete the Video Essay. We encourage applicants to complete their Video Essay shortly after submitting the application while information is still fresh in your mind and so you don’t forget! Also, please try not to wait for the last possible moment to record your video essay - it will feel more stressful if you are doing it at the last minute and in a rush. Block out 15-20 minutes a few days after you submit your application and complete it.

Seems to me that it is 22+7 days. But why dont you send a quick email to the admissions office and see what their take is on this?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks a lot. Will do that and post it here.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [3]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Engineering (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
Submitted my round 1 application a few days ago. 1st one down!

I can confirm that the video interview is not due until the 29th of September.

You are able to schedule your interview as soon as you submit the application.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks a ton stephen !
All the very best :)
SVP
SVP
Send PM
stephenhingston wrote:

Thanks for the information but for the sake of completeness of this discussion, do you mind posting a screenshot from your application page that states that the video essays are not due till 29th September?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
I just logged back on and no longer see anything regarding a due date. I'm positive that I read it when I submitted. I emailed the adcom just to be sure. I'll keep you posted

Working on Sloan and then Booth. I love Sloan's app, succinct and concise. Booth's looks like a pain in the ass, gonna be struggle to make round 1.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 276 [0]
Given Kudos: 537
Schools: Sloan '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
stephenhingston wrote:
I just logged back on and no longer see anything regarding a due date. I'm positive that I read it when I submitted. I emailed the adcom just to be sure. I'll keep you posted

Working on Sloan and then Booth. I love Sloan's app, succinct and concise. Booth's looks like a pain in the ass, gonna be struggle to make round 1.

I agree with conciseness of Sloan application, but for me it has the worst quality site. It feels like they were very reluctant in designing it:)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
Engr2012 wrote:
stephenhingston wrote:

Thanks for the information but for the sake of completeness of this discussion, do you mind posting a screenshot from your application page that states that the video essays are not due till 29th September?

I found it. It was in the email they sent me afterwards. It has the dates to set interviews by as well.
Attachments

kellog answer.png
kellog answer.png [ 46.74 KiB | Viewed 3663 times ]

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Kellogg welcomes the dynamic, diverse class of 2017

By Beth Tidmarsh 

We are thrilled to welcome the Class of 2017 to campus today, and data from the incoming class of students indicates that Kellogg’s community is about to reach a new level of diversity and intellectual merit.

Within the Class of 2017, a record-breaking 43 percent of students are women — representing a 5 percent increase over last year (and a significant change from the 29% women when I was at Kellogg in 2003!). This class includes representation from more than 50 different citizenships and cultural backgrounds. At the same time, the average GMAT score of incoming students was 724, an all-time high. From all angles, this is a stellar class!

These advancements are hardly due to serendipity. Over the past few years, we at Kellogg have made a concerted effort to attract more women to the school while of course keeping the high bar for our pool of applicants. By taking a comprehensive approach to our admissions and remaining steadfast in our commitment to diversity, we’ve attracted and mobilized an outstanding group of new students. Clearly more and more women are finding that Kellogg’s rigorous yet supportive culture is a great place to take risks, start businesses, build a network and energize a career.

Close partnerships with organizations such as the Forte Foundation and the Women’s Business Association (WBA) have been instrumental to this progress. One of the largest and most active organizations on campus, the WBA has supported the admissions team in seeking new opportunities to engage with prospective students. Thanks to the WBA, we’ve had the chance to connect with hundreds of exceptionally talented and high-performing women through a number of events, including Women’s Preview Day, where prospective students can participate in sample classes, hear from student panels, and network with potential future classmates; as well as Alumnae Dinners, where students can connect with female business leaders who are Kellogg graduates.

Learn more about Kellogg’s Fall Preview Days.

Another source of our success: We don’t just talk about gender diversity at Kellogg. It’s part of our DNA. Consider, for example, that Kellogg was the first business school to appoint a female dean, Sally Blount, now entering her fifth year of school leadership. Seven of our senior leadership team members are women. And our alumni network boasts outstanding female leaders like Ellen Kullman ’83, CEO of DuPont and one of Forbes’ “Most Powerful Women,” and Jenny Lee ’01, managing partner at GGV and the first woman to make the top 10 on the Forbes Midas list of the world’s leading high-tech venture capitalists.

While we’re pleased to report a higher GMAT average for the incoming class of 2017, we want to make clear that test scores are just one element considered by the admissions team when reviewing an MBA application. We use a comprehensive and holistic process to evaluate each applicant and focus on getting to know each as an individual, including components like the in-person interview and the opportunity to speak directly to the admissions committee via the video essay.

With the incoming students starting CIM (Complete Immersion in Management, our new student orientation), we’re excited to open the doors to Jacobs and watch the halls fill with a new crop of ambitious and energetic students. It’s also exciting to think that this will be the first MMM and 2Y class to graduate from our new global hub!

To students in the Class of 2017: Welcome – We’re thrilled to have you on board.

To applicants to the Class of 2018: We can’t wait to meet you. Our Round 1 deadline is September 22nd.

Beth Tidmarsh ’03 is the director of admissions for full-time MBA programs at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. As a vice president at Jones Lang LaSalle, she led and executed tenant representation and corporate solutions work for companies such as Xerox, KPMG and Huron Consulting Group. Prior to attending Kellogg, Beth spent six years in consulting for Accenture based out of Chicago and Sydney.

Filed under: Academics, Admissions, Student Life Tagged: 2Y, admissions, cim, class profile, Complete Immersion in Management, diversity, MMM, Preview Days, WBA, Women's Business Association
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  58   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts