Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 00:12 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 00:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 142
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Status:Birds fly because they have wings, not because they have sky.
Own Kudos [?]: 119 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 142
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Status:Birds fly because they have wings, not because they have sky.
Own Kudos [?]: 119 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Doctorhm wrote:
Okay. All the best! Let us know how it goes :)

Best,

Harshita.

Thanks Harshita.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [0]
Given Kudos: 502
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Just a reminder for the folks travelling to Evanston, if you haven't booked your hotel, do it as soon as possible. The prices are going up at a crazy rate.
On 29th, I remember seeing best western charging $109 per night for dates in October and now it's $170 :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 180 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
Received an invite to schedule Skype interview.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Done with the Video essays:

1. What is the most important trait in a friend?
Started off well, but then blabbered in the middle. I hope I get the interview invite to improve upon :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Meeting a record-breaking group of classmates

Photo courtesy of Betsy Ziegler’s Twitter account (@DeanZ_Kellogg)

By Nikita Sunilkumar

It’s a statistic that has floated around since orientation and pre-term, but I think it bears repeating: the Kellogg class of 2017 has a record percentage of female students, and at 43% of an incoming class of 492, those students are poised to make a big impact. I had a chance to feel this impact quite viscerally when I walked into the Allen Center a few weeks ago for the first annual Women’s Welcome Event hosted by the Women’s Business Association (WBA).

All the spectacular diversity among my classmates was on full display. Bright voices and smiles filled the room as greetings were exchanged between old friends and new. Introductions were made among those from vastly different professional and personal backgrounds in a cacophony of accents and languages, and the somber black suits of a stereotypical business meeting were replaced with a riot of color and style.

I would have been hard pressed to find any one characteristic to fully define the group around me, at least until Professor Victoria Medvec stood up to lead us in an exercise. She noted that women often don’t voice their own accomplishments in business settings as often as men do, and challenged each of us to introduce ourselves to the student seated alongside us by emphasizing our unique strengths.

Prof. Medvec, reconvened the group and asked students to highlight their neighbors and share these accomplishments with the whole room. As each student spoke up, it became clear we were all united by a common theme: talent.

Among our ranks we have highly accomplished managers, consultants, bankers, scientists, veterans and other professionals, and each person at that first WBA meeting is someone I can’t wait to get to know better over the next two years. Certainly part of my motivation is wanting to build a strong professional network among my peers, but I’m mostly excited about being around the kind of people I met at the Allen Center that day: friendly, enthusiastic and generous about sharing their successes while promoting and supporting each other.

As the weeks have passed I am happy to say that my initial impressions have only deepened: the Kellogg culture is truly “high impact and low ego,” as promised.

Each new conversation reveals something interesting or admirable about a classmate or a faculty member; questions for information are never ignored and offers to share more are always forthcoming. There is no shortage of inspiration, from second years and the many projects they have undertaken within and outside the Kellogg community, to the faculty and administration, who clearly share a high regard for each other as well as the work that they do.

As the days pass, I find that I hardly notice how many amazing women are part of the Kellogg community, and I’m impressed by that most of all. When so many business and institutions struggle with creating a culture of inclusion, the fact that it seems so effortless at Kellogg is both uplifting and inspiring. I look forward to doing my part in keeping this particular Kellogg ‘tradition’ alive and well for future students.

Kellogg welcomes the dynamic, diverse Class of 2017

Nikita Sunilkumar is a first-year student in Kellogg’s Full-Time Two-Year MBA Program. She is originally from California and worked at The Boeing Company as a Production Engineer before Kellogg. She hopes to transition to a career in Finance after graduation.

Filed under: Academics, Student Life Tagged: diversity, WBA, Women, Women's Business Association
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
MV23 wrote:
Just a reminder for the folks travelling to Evanston, if you haven't booked your hotel, do it as soon as possible. The prices are going up at a crazy rate.
On 29th, I remember seeing best western charging $109 per night for dates in October and now it's $170 :(

Thank you MV23! I totally forget that part!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V41
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Don't forget Airbnb, too. Plenty of options on the Purple line for cheap.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V41
Send PM
My question-
1. If you could take a year off, what would you do?
2. Same as the one mentioned on the website

Look forward to the interviews now.

Best of luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Received a Skype interview invite today! I'm based in the US.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE:Information Technology (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Also received an invite for a Skype interview (with adcom) yesterday - a bit of a suprise, as I thought the invites would be issued much later. Now I freaking out a bit, as I have my interview scheduled for the next week already! Guys, does anybody who also got an invite (or still waits for it) want to do mock interviews on Skype?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
UlissDA wrote:
Also received an invite for a Skype interview (with adcom) yesterday - a bit of a suprise, as I thought the invites would be issued much later. Now I freaking out a bit, as I have my interview scheduled for the next week already! Guys, does anybody who also got an invite (or still waits for it) want to do mock interviews on Skype?

Many congratulations! Good you got it so early! You've got the maximum seats to aim at! Very nice and all the best!
When did you submit your application btw? i mean including everything, your video questions and recommendations? Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Any Indians who got the interview invite?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE:Information Technology (Venture Capital)
Send PM
chesterstreet wrote:
UlissDA wrote:

Many congratulations! Good you got it so early! You've got the maximum seats to aim at! Very nice and all the best!
When did you submit your application btw? i mean including everything, your video questions and recommendations? Thanks

Thank you, Chesterstreet! I submitted my application (incl. recommendations) on September 21st, and completed video essays on September 28th, so it seems Kellogg was really fast to send interview invites.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Send PM
My guess is they did a baseline sort of viability/potential and then sent out invites from there.

It would seem those who got interviews thus far are strong candidates on stats.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
TheLostOne wrote:
My guess is they did a baseline sort of viability/potential and then sent out invites from there.

I wouldnt say so as they mention it on their website that they try to interview almost all if not all the applicants.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Send PM
Engr2012 wrote:
TheLostOne wrote:

I wouldnt say so as they mention it on their website that they try to interview almost all if not all the applicants.

I certainly don't doubt they try, but if they know they can't interview everyone it would make sense to interview the strongest, no?

P.S. I don't have an invite yet :-D :lol:
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
TheLostOne wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
TheLostOne wrote:

I certainly don't doubt they try, but if they know they can't interview everyone it would make sense to interview the strongest, no?

P.S. I don't have an invite yet :-D :lol:

You might even get an interview waiver if there are no alumni in your area.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  58   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts