Last visit was: 08 Jun 2024, 02:35 It is currently 08 Jun 2024, 02:35
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3635 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
simplexity wrote:
killabee129 wrote:
Anybody in Dallas want to do a dry run? Would be down for Skype as well
Hi there! I'm based out of Dallas also and would be interested. DM me and we can figure out a time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I am also in.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Sticking To Your Recruiting Goals
As we wrap up our Focused Recruiting Period (FRP), in which established industries such as consulting, investment banking, etc. make their hiring decisions for summer and full-time positions, recruiting success (and stress) is on seemingly everyone’s mind. Especially notable is those students who have decided to pursue industries outside of…Read More

The post Sticking To Your Recruiting Goals appeared first on MBA Program.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Just submitted for R3! I know I'm a bit early but it's good to get it out of the way.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
alphabeta4 wrote:
Just submitted for R3! I know I'm a bit early but it's good to get it out of the way.

Good luck with the application process. Let us know how it goes.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Wharton Team Based Discussions – Tokyo & Seoul
The post Wharton Team Based Discussions – Tokyo & Seoul appeared first on MBA Program.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Wharton Team Based Discussions – Sao Paulo
The post Wharton Team Based Discussions – Sao Paulo appeared first on MBA Program.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Silly question, but does the order in which they call your name for the 1-on-1 after the TBD matter? I was the first one to get called, along with another candidate who I thought was just insufferable during the TBD. (She took approx. 75% of the airtime and wouldn't let anyone else speak). I am also a re-applicant who was dinged after interview last time, and last time too my name was the first to get called for the 1-on-1.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
We just got done with the TBD in Dubai. I have had a very very good time with my fellow applicants and I was amazed by the sheer quality of the talent pool.

There were no surprises in the TBD. Exactly how everyone described in various forums.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
msat wrote:
Silly question, but does the order in which they call your name for the 1-on-1 after the TBD matter? I was the first one to get called, along with another candidate who I thought was just insufferable during the TBD. (She took approx. 75% of the airtime and wouldn't let anyone else speak). I am also a re-applicant who was dinged after interview last time, and last time too my name was the first to get called for the 1-on-1.

Dont think so. I was called in for the PI at the second position and 1 was scheduled after me. The one before me spoke for not more than 2 minutes out of the entire 30-35 minutes and the other one did participate fully during the TBD. Out of us 3, the 3rd one who had participated fully got finally admitted. So there is no rhyme or reason to this process of PI after the TBD. Dont over analyse.

Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Engr2012 wrote:
msat wrote:

Dont think so. I was called in for the PI at the second position and 1 was scheduled after me. The one before me spoke for not more than 2 minutes out of the entire 30-35 minutes and the other one did participate fully during the TBD. Out of us 3, the 3rd one who had participated fully got finally admitted. So there is no rhyme or reason to this process of PI after the TBD. Dont over analyse.

Good luck.

I don't think so either. We were called for the 1:1 in the order we filed into the TBD room, so completely random.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.79
Send PM
alexpal wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
msat wrote:

Good luck.

I don't think so either. We were called for the 1:1 in the order we filed into the TBD room, so completely random.

Yup! Same with us. We were called in in the order we chose to sit around a table.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [3]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.79
Send PM
Kudos
Here was my interview experience:
I interviewed off-site so we were interviewed by an adcom. The ad-com wasn't especially strict and no timer was provided so we kept track using a clock on the wall.

We gave our one-minute introductions (none of us elected to talk about our background/undergrad school) on the topic and then someone had the bright idea to use the whiteboard located in the room. He started taking notes on our ideas and we had someone else keep time. We then started discussing our ideas and split it up as 5 to 6 minutes to introduce our ideas, 10 minutes to evaluate our idea based on our own chosen specific criteria, 10 - 15 minutes to discuss the idea and 5 minutes to present it to the adcom.

This was followed by a 1:1 by the adcom in the order we were sitting around the table (so no particular order, just random) where she just asked us 1) Why Wharton 2) What clubs would you join and 3) Any questions for me. She didn't ask us to evaluate ourselves during the TBD and said that we all did really well and finished 40 seconds before her own timer.

Overall it was a pretty easy-going, fun experience. I sat very close to her and noticed that she was writing in 1s and 0s next to specific criteria so we were definitely being judged but can't comment on the actual criteria/system.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Wharton Team Based Discussions – London
As you walk down the streets of London, you can hear conversations being held in numerous languages  at each corner café or Camden pub. Although I am thousands of miles away from Philadelphia, somehow this still feels like home. The global nature of London reminds me of the times I…Read More

The post Wharton Team Based Discussions – London appeared first on MBA Program.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Wharton Team Based Discussions – Mumbai
As one of the new members of the Wharton MBA Admissions and Financial Aid Office I am both elated and passionate to be on the team that is working in partnership with so many talented people to continue to keep Wharton renowned and strong. In my short tenure I have been…Read More

The post Wharton Team Based Discussions – Mumbai appeared first on MBA Program.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, I just wanted to check if anyone knows the dates for the Spring Welcome Weekend?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Wharton Team Based Discussions – San Francisco
The contrast of Wharton SF to Wharton Philadelphia is stark. The University of Pennsylvania Philadelphia campus, the first university in the United States, still very much embodies what you think of the time in which Benjamin Franklin founded it; cobblestone streets, gothic pathways, and a muted array of grays, blues…Read More

The post Wharton Team Based Discussions – San Francisco appeared first on MBA Program.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Just got an email from Wharton telling me that round 2 deadline is just a week away! Did anybody else get it ?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  34   35   36   37   38  ...  40   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts