Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 02:34 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 02:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.3
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
Invited! 8:33am PST. CA based.

Hang in there everyone, it's definitely not over!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
helloitsme16 wrote:

Congratulations. That's impressive list of invites you got there.

May I ask about how did you improve your profile as a re-applicant?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.64
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
helloitsme16 wrote:

Hat trick, nice! Congrats!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone here, from India, who got an invite already? or someone who knows someone from india with an invite?

Originally posted by HSidhu89 on 01 Mar 2016, 10:13.
Last edited by HSidhu89 on 01 Mar 2016, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
helloitsme16 wrote:
gloube wrote:
In round 2, 28 people reported their HBS invitation on the MBA Livewire.

Stanford is 2 times smaller than HBS, so we can expect 28/2 = 14 people to report their round 2 GSB invitation on Livewire.

10+ people have already reported their Round 2 GSB invitation on the Livewire. In other words, they've sent ~80%+ of the invitations already?

What do you think of my maths?

Actually, there are ~40 R2 HBS invites on Livewire. so applying your logic, we anticipate ~20 for GSB. There are 11 now, so we just passed 50%.

We are almost half way through the month too - so keep eating your favorite food my friend - there should be ample invites to be distributed. :)

So, now Livewire has 33 R2 invites reported for GSB. A record?

I guess GSB done with the invites for this round. A major chunk reported earlier today.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [4]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.16
Send PM
Kudos
HSidhu89 wrote:
helloitsme16 wrote:
gloube wrote:
In round 2, 28 people reported their HBS invitation on the MBA Livewire.

Stanford is 2 times smaller than HBS, so we can expect 28/2 = 14 people to report their round 2 GSB invitation on Livewire.

10+ people have already reported their Round 2 GSB invitation on the Livewire. In other words, they've sent ~80%+ of the invitations already?

What do you think of my maths?

Actually, there are ~40 R2 HBS invites on Livewire. so applying your logic, we anticipate ~20 for GSB. There are 11 now, so we just passed 50%.

We are almost half way through the month too - so keep eating your favorite food my friend - there should be ample invites to be distributed. :)

So, now Livewire has 33 R2 invites reported for GSB. A record?

I guess GSB done with the invites for this round. A major chunk reported earlier today.

Folks, I don't mean to inflate/deflate anyone's hopes for getting an interview invitation from GSB, but there's no evidence to suggest that Stanford is deviating from a previously established pattern of sending emails through the final day. Fluctuations in postings on GMATClub and ClearAdmit's LiveWire can reflect any number of factors, none of which have yielded enough data for us to rightfully expect stability year-to-year. Although there may not be many invitations sent in the final week, there's no reason to exaggerate the "hopelessness" of the situation.

If you haven't heard from GSB yet, you're no more/less likely to get an email/ding than you were on the day you submitted your application. Get ready to interview with GSB, or to get your MBA somewhere else, or to continue your career. Despair doesn't help you, and spreading it online doesn't help anyone else.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Quote:
Folks, I don't mean to inflate/deflate anyone's hopes for getting an interview invitation from GSB, but there's no evidence to suggest that Stanford is deviating from a previously established pattern of sending emails through the final day. Fluctuations in postings on GMATClub and ClearAdmit's LiveWire can reflect any number of factors, none of which have yielded enough data for us to rightfully expect stability year-to-year. Although there may not be many invitations sent in the final week, there's no reason to exaggerate the "hopelessness" of the situation.

If you haven't heard from GSB yet, you're no more/less likely to get an email/ding than you were on the day you submitted your application. Get ready to interview with GSB, or to get your MBA somewhere else, or to continue your career. Despair doesn't help you, and spreading it online doesn't help anyone else.

Word... just move on! If you are the next big thing you will be with or without GSB. Keep moving guys!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
I just got a call from GSB asking me whether I got an invitation for interview. Apparently they sent me an email for interview last week, but I never got it. So they called to check with me. I'm so glad that they did, otherwise I would have thought I was rejected right away.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
MBAApp16 wrote:
I just got a call from GSB asking me whether I got an invitation for interview. Apparently they sent me an email for interview last week, but I never got it. So they called to check with me. I'm so glad that they did, otherwise I would have thought I was rejected right away.

Posted from my mobile device

wow!! what an incredible story! gotta love Stanford! 8-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
yeah, i would have thought i was rejected outright.

I have a question, im located in Seattle, so I can either interview here or fly down to bay area. is it worth the effort to fly down for the interview? thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAApp16 wrote:

I have a question, im located in Seattle, so I can either interview here or fly down to bay area. is it worth the effort to fly down for the interview? thanks!

I was not given the option between on campus and my local city...I believe it is irrelevant, but have you visit campus? I went there on December and mentioned it in my application...if you haven't visited campus it might be a good opportunity.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dcorona19 wrote:
MBAApp16 wrote:

I was not given the option between on campus and my local city...I believe it is irrelevant, but have you visit campus? I went there on December and mentioned it in my application...if you haven't visited campus it might be a good opportunity.

well, in the online form, you can add two more locations in which you will be available for interview, so I added SF and Palo Alto. But also I have no problem doing the interview in Seattle.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAApp16 wrote:
dcorona19 wrote:
MBAApp16 wrote:

well, in the online form, you can add two more locations in which you will be available for interview, so I added SF and Palo Alto. But also I have no problem doing the interview in Seattle.

I believe there will be more empathy from a person from your same city...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yeah, i'll need all the help that i can get. lol... anyway, i added SF and Palo Alto, and then sent them an email saying that i will be available in all three locations including seattle. do i just wait for them to contact me again about the interview details now?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAApp16 wrote:
yeah, i'll need all the help that i can get. lol... anyway, i added SF and Palo Alto, and then sent them an email saying that i will be available in all three locations including seattle. do i just wait for them to contact me again about the interview details now?

try login in into your stanford application and see whether there is an option for interview
Intern
Intern
Send PM
it was a quick process, Carrie at GSB already sent me the info of my interviewer. i will interview here in seattle.

any advice on the interview? (apart from the official 'be yourself' line)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAApp16 wrote:
it was a quick process, Carrie at GSB already sent me the info of my interviewer. i will interview here in seattle.

any advice on the interview? (apart from the official 'be yourself' line)

be yourself!

just kidding...try to stick with what you wrote in your essays, the interviewer will write about you but he hasn't read your application, so adcom will cross match his reviews with the impression you're giving on paper, so these means that they are already interested in you on paper, just stick to yourself during the interview...and try to give the same impression adcom already has of you...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40  ...  43   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts