Last visit was: 05 Jun 2024, 08:03 It is currently 05 Jun 2024, 08:03
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 497
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q46 V30
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Re: GMAT Study Plan [#permalink]
I have a doubt regarding percentile for each section.. I have been taking MGMAT Cat tests and oberved the % level after each question. So % of the last question (37th or 41st) is my percentile of that section ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
I have a doubt regarding percentile for each section.. I have been taking MGMAT Cat tests and oberved the % level after each question. So % of the last question (37th or 41st) is my percentile of that section ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi All,
Actually I gave GMAT exam , and I just scored 540 , quant -47 & verbal-20..after this score I realized that verbal is a major problem for me .
Could anyone please help me out what should I do to improve my verbal section, and after how many days I can plan to give my GMAT again ...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Hi All,
Actually I gave GMAT exam , and I just scored 540 , quant -47 & verbal-20..after this score I realized that verbal is a major problem for me .
Could anyone please help me out what should I do to improve my verbal section, and after how many days I can plan to give my GMAT again ...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 420 Q31 V19
GMAT 2: 430 Q29 V20
Send PM
Hi! bb,

Thank you for the detail study plan and guidance. I appreciate it a lot. I did not realize how subtle things during my study added to inefficiencies and ineffectiveness.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 420 Q31 V19
GMAT 2: 430 Q29 V20
Send PM
Hi! bb,

Thank you for the detail study plan and guidance. I appreciate it a lot. I did not realize how subtle things during my study added to inefficiencies and ineffectiveness.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Hi,

I gave my GMAT September last week and scored 680(Q50 and V30). I want to cross 740 and I am planning to retake in November. Please help me how should I improve my verbal. I already exhausted egmat verbal resources. I perform badly in verbal in timed environment. Please help me. I am really depressed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Hi,

I gave my GMAT September last week and scored 680(Q50 and V30). I want to cross 740 and I am planning to retake in November. Please help me how should I improve my verbal. I already exhausted egmat verbal resources. I perform badly in verbal in timed environment. Please help me. I am really depressed.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
540 on GMATPrep 1st Attempt (Without any prior studying):

I scored 540/44% (Q46/71%, V19/17%, IR 7/81%) on my first attempt at the GMATPrep Exam 1.

I wanted to see where I stand before I do any kind of study/plan for the GMAT, specially that my work schedule is hectic (6 days/week, 10-12 hours/day). The Quantitative questions seemed pretty easy for me except when I lost a bit of my focus (mainly due to time) in the last 5 questions. Regarding the verbal part, I got the first 4 questions and the last 4 questions incorrect (Total 20 incorrect questions out of 41).

I had a bit of information about the GMAT exam, but never studied for it. I was just planning to take the GMAT because I want to go to a top-tier business school in 2/2.5 years from now.

As experts, what do you think would be the best approach to get 700+ on the GMAT. Do I have to study for the verbal part only? Or I should do some work on the quantitative part as well?

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Farid
Intern
Intern
Send PM
540 on GMATPrep 1st Attempt (Without any prior studying):

I scored 540/44% (Q46/71%, V19/17%, IR 7/81%) on my first attempt at the GMATPrep Exam 1.

I wanted to see where I stand before I do any kind of study/plan for the GMAT, specially that my work schedule is hectic (6 days/week, 10-12 hours/day). The Quantitative questions seemed pretty easy for me except when I lost a bit of my focus (mainly due to time) in the last 5 questions. Regarding the verbal part, I got the first 4 questions and the last 4 questions incorrect (Total 20 incorrect questions out of 41).

I had a bit of information about the GMAT exam, but never studied for it. I was just planning to take the GMAT because I want to go to a top-tier business school in 2/2.5 years from now.

As experts, what do you think would be the best approach to get 700+ on the GMAT. Do I have to study for the verbal part only? Or I should do some work on the quantitative part as well?

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Farid
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you for posting this. Could you please provide some insight on how best to adapt this into a 1 month study plan?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you for posting this. Could you please provide some insight on how best to adapt this into a 1 month study plan?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Hi All

I am looking for a study plan for verbal. My present score is V19 and my target score is V40. Please provide the study and materials for verabl
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 27
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Hi All

I am looking for a study plan for verbal. My present score is V19 and my target score is V40. Please provide the study and materials for verabl
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: ISB '19
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hello,

I scored a disappointing 440 on my first Gmat prep test.
Will it be possible to catapult my score to 700 and what level of preparation this exam requires to bridge 440 to 700.
Suggestions please!! :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: ISB '19
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hello,

I scored a disappointing 440 on my first Gmat prep test.
Will it be possible to catapult my score to 700 and what level of preparation this exam requires to bridge 440 to 700.
Suggestions please!! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [2]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools: Stern '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.8
Send PM