Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:45 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools: Stern '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [3]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 460 Q27 V27
GPA: 3.3
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Study Plan [#permalink]
I just created Error Log for my prep GMAT Test. I am focusing on CR first.

Errors, I am having is Explain and conclusion type with long questions and lack of clarity.
What I am figuring out is I would have to take more time in answering those questions and explain myself the passage with clarity.

Please give me any concrete suggestions by which I can improve this error?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 460 Q27 V27
GPA: 3.3
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I just created Error Log for my prep GMAT Test. I am focusing on CR first.

Errors, I am having is Explain and conclusion type with long questions and lack of clarity.
What I am figuring out is I would have to take more time in answering those questions and explain myself the passage with clarity.

Please give me any concrete suggestions by which I can improve this error?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
As stated in the Plan I just gave the first Prep Test and scored 620 (Q45, V30). I am just starting the prep for GMAT this year(2017) and plan on appearing for the exam in June-July this year. Working full time on shifts basis, what should be the appropriate plan for study and Which OG should I refer to (GMAT OG, GMAT OG for verbal or GMAT OG for Quant). Also how can I practice, get to read the entries in the Essay section of the AWA??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
As stated in the Plan I just gave the first Prep Test and scored 620 (Q45, V30). I am just starting the prep for GMAT this year(2017) and plan on appearing for the exam in June-July this year. Working full time on shifts basis, what should be the appropriate plan for study and Which OG should I refer to (GMAT OG, GMAT OG for verbal or GMAT OG for Quant). Also how can I practice, get to read the entries in the Essay section of the AWA??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Great post really it is very useful can you any update in 2017.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Great post really it is very useful can you any update in 2017.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 43
WE:Operations (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi All,
I am also one of those aspirants, but my profile is totally different. To start with, I have already completed my PGDM from IMI Kolkata(2015). I know this sounds weird, but my dream of graduating from a premier b school has not been fufilled. To give about my past. I completed engineering in 2010 and worked for 1.5 yrs. Then I had to enter my family business, post which I went for MBA in 2013. I got around 85%ile in XAT and 80%ile odd in CAT in 2012. Unfortunately, could not get through better colleges. Although, IMI Kolkata is not bad, but, it's just that I am not satisfied with where I am right now. Had to go for MBA, since I had no job at that time(only family business). Since 2015, I am working in a food delivery startup called Swiggy as an Area Manager. hoping for some news during appraisal. Should I go for GMAT(based on my preparation) at end of this year or next year and then for second MBA(one year course if I get through) in 2019.

I know I am the odd one out and also might not be amongst the young ones. After joining Swiggy, I didn't had this second MBA in my mind, but my desire to achieve has propelled me to get into GMAT. Have attached a pic of what materials(soft copy) that I have. Apart from this, I also have OG GMAT 2016(hard copy). Would be obliged if you can share few points as to how to go about with my preparation. I would like to give a shot at the end of this year once. My total experience at present is around 3.5 yrs(excluding 18 months of family business, which is mostly retail).

Highlights:
1) X-77.8%
2) XII-73.25%
3) B.Tech-1st division, 63% from Gautam Buddh Technical University, Lucknow(2006-2010).
4) PGDM- From International Management Institute Kolkata(2013-2015) in Operations Management.
5) From September of 2011 to March of 2013, I was in family business due to personal reasons.
6) Currently working as an Area Manager(field operations) in Swiggy, since August 2015 & also in an NGO(part time).
7) My biggest draw back is my age. I am already 30 yrs as on today.
8) Total experience-3.5 yrs(excluding 1.5 yrs of family business experience).

My concerns:
1) How Indian b schools or foreign b schools would see a candidate like me.
2) After completing PGDM in 2015, is the gap of 4 yrs(2019) sufficient enough to justify my decision.
3) Should I go ahead with my preparation, considering my age?
4) Can I add family business as work experience and will it be of any help to me?
Attachments

GMAT MATERIAL.jpg
GMAT MATERIAL.jpg [ 61.94 KiB | Viewed 28818 times ]

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 43
WE:Operations (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Hi All,
I am also one of those aspirants, but my profile is totally different. To start with, I have already completed my PGDM from IMI Kolkata(2015). I know this sounds weird, but my dream of graduating from a premier b school has not been fufilled. To give about my past. I completed engineering in 2010 and worked for 1.5 yrs. Then I had to enter my family business, post which I went for MBA in 2013. I got around 85%ile in XAT and 80%ile odd in CAT in 2012. Unfortunately, could not get through better colleges. Although, IMI Kolkata is not bad, but, it's just that I am not satisfied with where I am right now. Had to go for MBA, since I had no job at that time(only family business). Since 2015, I am working in a food delivery startup called Swiggy as an Area Manager. hoping for some news during appraisal. Should I go for GMAT(based on my preparation) at end of this year or next year and then for second MBA(one year course if I get through) in 2019.

I know I am the odd one out and also might not be amongst the young ones. After joining Swiggy, I didn't had this second MBA in my mind, but my desire to achieve has propelled me to get into GMAT. Have attached a pic of what materials(soft copy) that I have. Apart from this, I also have OG GMAT 2016(hard copy). Would be obliged if you can share few points as to how to go about with my preparation. I would like to give a shot at the end of this year once. My total experience at present is around 3.5 yrs(excluding 18 months of family business, which is mostly retail).

Highlights:
1) X-77.8%
2) XII-73.25%
3) B.Tech-1st division, 63% from Gautam Buddh Technical University, Lucknow(2006-2010).
4) PGDM- From International Management Institute Kolkata(2013-2015) in Operations Management.
5) From September of 2011 to March of 2013, I was in family business due to personal reasons.
6) Currently working as an Area Manager(field operations) in Swiggy, since August 2015 & also in an NGO(part time).

My concerns:
2) After completing PGDM in 2015, is the gap of 4 yrs(2019) sufficient enough to justify my decision.
4) Can I add family business as work experience and will it be of any help to me?
Attachments

GMAT MATERIAL.jpg
GMAT MATERIAL.jpg [ 61.94 KiB | Viewed 5321 times ]

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
I'm a new comer to the Gmat club. I've already taken a diagnostic test. I received a 330. The whole site is overwhelming. Where should i start now?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
I'm a new comer to the Gmat club. I've already taken a diagnostic test. I received a 330. The whole site is overwhelming. Where should i start now?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi nekitamckee,

While the concept of studying for the GMAT might seem a bit overwhelming at first, it's worth noting that the GMAT is a remarkably consistent, predictable Exam - so you CAN train to score at a higher level. All of that training takes time though, so you have to be prepared to commit the necessary time and effort and invest in the process. To start, I suggest that you start your own 'thread', so the conversation can stay focused on your situation and questions. It would also help if you provided a bit of information on your timeline and goals, such as...

1) What is your goal score?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi nekitamckee,

While the concept of studying for the GMAT might seem a bit overwhelming at first, it's worth noting that the GMAT is a remarkably consistent, predictable Exam - so you CAN train to score at a higher level. All of that training takes time though, so you have to be prepared to commit the necessary time and effort and invest in the process. To start, I suggest that you start your own 'thread', so the conversation can stay focused on your situation and questions. It would also help if you provided a bit of information on your timeline and goals, such as...

1) What is your goal score?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Below are my answers:
They will be absolutely fine as long as you have an interesting story to tell and can seamlessly tie your past education/work experience with your future goals. Connecting the dots is the important part. I'm myself going for my second masters this year and not even a single school I applied to raised this concern.

That can be a deal breaker. try to fill it up with family business or something that you have been doing. For sure you must have been doing something in those 4 years, just present it positively and not apologetically.

Yes, start right away. Some schools are particular about age.

Yes you can put and Yes it will be of help.

Hope this was helpful.

justnishu4u wrote:
Hi All,

Highlights:
1) X-77.8%
2) XII-73.25%

My concerns:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Below are my answers:
They will be absolutely fine as long as you have an interesting story to tell and can seamlessly tie your past education/work experience with your future goals. Connecting the dots is the important part. I'm myself going for my second masters this year and not even a single school I applied to raised this concern.

That can be a deal breaker. try to fill it up with family business or something that you have been doing. For sure you must have been doing something in those 4 years, just present it positively and not apologetically.

Yes, start right away. Some schools are particular about age.

Yes you can put and Yes it will be of help.

Hope this was helpful.

justnishu4u wrote:
Hi All,

Highlights:
1) X-77.8%
2) XII-73.25%

My concerns:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [1]
Given Kudos: 82
Send PM