Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 23:26 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Re: GMAT Study Plan [#permalink]
Hi Community - I need some help with my GMAT Prep.
I have a 700 Score on the Classic GMAT - which is 86 Percentile.

I am looking to improve on this in the next 2 months - Target is a score above the 90 Percentile. If that is 675/ 695 I am not sure.

I need advice on what prep material to use.
Currently I have the Focus Edition OG and the Review Books.

I am looking to enroll with a portal based prep service, however very tight on the budget. TTP/eGMAT/Magoosh.

Any success stories? please guide?

Thanks in Advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
It's good that you're thinking critically about your study schedule and making changes. Let's analyze your strategy and solve your worries:

1. Finish OG and subsequent practice: It appears that you will be spending a good deal of time going over the Official Guide (OG) for GMAT Quant. This is a wise move because the OG gives you a thorough rundown of the kinds of inquiries you should anticipate on the test. But think about if you're wasting too much time on the original game alone. Considering your August test date, completing the OG by July 20th gives you two to three weeks of extra practice. This could be going a little too far. Rather, it might be a better use of your time to concentrate on key points from the OG before switching to more practice, as you mentioned.
2. Weekly quant sectional tests: Regular sectional examinations are a good way to monitor your progress and pinpoint areas that need work in your study plan. But, it can be worthwhile to change the frequency or difficulty of these exams if you discover that you are having trouble managing your time or answering particular kinds of questions.
3. Performance on GMAT Club tests: Your GMAT Club test results might give you important information about your strengths and shortcomings. Your quant score dropped significantly from Q37 to Q27, suggesting that you may need to practice certain topics more intently. Examine your performance to determine these weak points, then give them top priority in your study schedule.

Given your recent test scores, it's crucial to focus on the following topics:
-Time management: To finish all of the questions in the given time during the quant part, make sure you're pacing yourself effectively.
-Problem-solving strategies: To increase your accuracy and efficiency, practice alternative approaches to solving problems for different kinds of questions.
-Algebra: It can be helpful to brush up on algebraic topics because they are a common component of GMAT quantitative problems.
-Data sufficiency: You must take a calculated approach to this particular question type, so be sure you comprehend the many response options and how to assess sufficiency.

When creating quizzes for GMAT Club exams, focusing on particular subjects and skill levels can be a helpful tactic. As you go in your preparation, start with a variety of questions covering fundamental subjects and progressively raise the complexity.

All things considered, it's critical to modify your study schedule in light of your progress and areas for growth. To increase your chances of success on the GMAT, evaluate your progress frequently and make any adjustments to your strategy.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16