Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 03:40 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 03:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
jmikery wrote:
jole101 wrote:
jmikery wrote:
Might be because Sloan has info sessions around Asia in October. If they send out interview invites now, they can do the interviews within the same trip as the info sessions

That makes somewhat sense.

On the other hand - in the last year's no invitations have ever been sent out earlier than 4 weeks after the application deadline. We are still 2 weeks from that. Seems a bit weird to me. Why would they send out applications so much earlier this year?

Yeah, this is probably an intentional change to make the process more efficient on their end. Last year, the info sessions in Asia were held in August. I found it really weird that they scheduled their info session after their Round 1 deadline here in my country (all other US B schools had it June-Aug). They likely had to balance scheduling the info session early enough to attract R2 applicants and making it late enough so that they have time to evaluate applications. I'm guessing they prioritized Asia based apps first to do this (sort of a halfway point between the traditional model and the rolling evaluation process used by Columbia).

Think that makes sense. Where are you based? I'm based in Asia but European national so not sure in what category I'd fall. I guess the Asia as my interview would be here also.

Also a bit weird that they haven't send out any communication regarding what is going on. Wish they would be a bit more transparent as e.g., HBS or GSB have sent emails / updated the admissions blog to ensure people aren't left in the dark. Or did I miss an email?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: CBS '21 (S)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
I know around 10+ Chinese applicants, but we haven't heard back about interview. Good luck to everyone.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: MBA Round 1 Interview Updates

Our Admissions Committee is busy reviewing Round 1 applications for the Class of 2019! We have already begun sending interview invitations to Round 1 candidates, and will continue to send them until November 1st. By November 1st, every R1 applicant will receive an updated decision status.

Round 1 interviews begin next week in Asia and will continue through early December. We will give applicants as much notice as possible when scheduling interviews, and candidates will have the choice of interviewing on campus, or in a city closer to their current location. We plan to visit approximately 15 cities, both within the US and abroad.  The location of the interview will not be a decision factor, but for those who can make it to Cambridge, we host a special program for interviewees, including lunch with current students and a class visit. Please note that all applicants invited to interview have the option to come to campus for their interview.

Final decisions for candidates who had an interview will be released on December 19, 2016. Applications for our Round 2 deadline are due January 17, 2017. Please contact us if you have any further questions!

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
s/so interview invites really came out early this year... anyone in Southeast Asia received an invite already?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hope4thebest wrote:
s/so interview invites really came out early this year... anyone in Southeast Asia received an invite already?

Crazy!

Am based in South-Asia and haven't heard anything yet. Anyone else in the region who's heard something?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
jole101 wrote:
hope4thebest wrote:

Crazy!

Am based in South-Asia and haven't heard anything yet. Anyone else in the region who's heard something?

Where did you choose for the interview to be at? Adcoms are going to Taipei. I'm guessing those who already received invites chose Taipei as their top choice??? I chose Singapore.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hope4thebest wrote:
jole101 wrote:
hope4thebest wrote:

Crazy!

Where did you choose for the interview to be at? Adcoms are going to Taipei. I'm guessing those who already received invites chose Taipei as their top choice??? I chose Singapore.

I think I had Mumbai, Singapore, HK. Or was India in Delhi? not 100% sure now.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Indian applicant - nothing here too.
But they viewed my optional essay on Youtube on Sep 29th.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
venky12 wrote:

They still haven't clicked on my dropbox link... kind of concerned. :shock:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
jole101 wrote:
venky12 wrote:

jole101, how can you tell if they have or not? I'd like to check mine. (sorry - I am dropbox challenged!)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
charcb wrote:
jole101 wrote:
venky12 wrote:

jole101, how can you tell if they have or not? I'd like to check mine. (sorry - I am dropbox challenged!)

if you go to goo.gl and paste the link you can see the statistics!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
jole101 wrote:

Thank you! Although I assume I had to set this up beforehand as I see no views at all (not even my own)?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
charcb wrote:
jole101 wrote:

Thank you! Although I assume I had to set this up beforehand as I see no views at all (not even my own)?

I'm not sure about that. I don't think there is any setting up to do. Have you ever actually clicked on the public link?

EDIT: you might actually be right. I pasted the link back into bitly after clicking on it publicly and it still said 0. So might not need to be that concerned. Sorry for the confusion!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Kudos
Probably reaching, but does anyone have a possible time-frame or at least order of invites by geographic region? Based in Mexico...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Kudos
One interview invite in livewire...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
fredurst89 wrote:
One interview invite in livewire...

looks like we have a pretty active discussion going on in livewire..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Kudos
Can confirm i got an invite several days ago, based in east asia. Good luck to all.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  25   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts