It is currently 24 Sep 2017, 17:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 6

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2016, 07:23
Waiting on that next set of US based interviews. Hoping maybe this afternoon, after they had some time to think this weekend.

Sloan MIT Thread Master

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

GPA: 3.54
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2016, 09:04
I've applied in round 1 with a preference to have my interview in the US , however while communicating through emails with the admission team I've found it more relevant to have my interview in one of the international locations . Not sure if I my application has been considered will they send me invitation for Dec or later with other international candidates.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [1], given: 2

GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.95
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2016, 16:53
This post received
KUDOS
I got an invite today mid-afternoon, with Wednesday as the only available slot. I feel like that that's a little bit of a tight turnaround (< 24 hours to write their essay!), but I wonder if that's because I'm Boston based. Any way, I have my work cut out for me tonight...

Sloan MIT Thread Master

GPA: 3.54

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2016, 17:22
skiingavo wrote:
I got an invite today mid-afternoon, with Wednesday as the only available slot. I feel like that that's a little bit of a tight turnaround (< 24 hours to write their essay!), but I wonder if that's because I'm Boston based. Any way, I have my work cut out for me tonight...

Congratulations skiingavo for your first step. Not sure if that would mean they've almost sent all invitations for round 1 as Wednesday is the only available slot now. Did they ask you for another essay to write. Can you share with us your profile.

Regards,
Skydiver

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2016, 17:26
skiingavo wrote:

Wow, good luck!

Do you happen to know when they looked at your optional video/content?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.95
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2016, 17:33
This post received
KUDOS
Dcosmba wrote:
skiingavo wrote:

Wow, good luck!

Do you happen to know when they looked at your optional video/content?

I don't. I did an essay. So at least there's one data point that says there's hope for those who don't make a video!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Reviews Badge
Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2016, 20:31
Anyone from India who received an invite ?

They have viewed my video essay twice (Sep 21 and Oct 21).

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 149

Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2016, 20:37
venky12 wrote:

I put DEL as my 1st choice - haven't heard. There was one invite on livewire a while ago (early October) but nothing since. Haven't heard from anyone. Still hoping!

I am the master of my faith;
I am the captain of my soul.

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 149

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 10

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2016, 05:49
venky12 wrote:

Nope, they've viewed my video essay about 4 times now. But no invite yet.

Damn this wait.

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 10

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2016, 11:54
For those who have received interview invites, is there a pre-interview essay question to answer this year like last year?

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2016, 07:04
Delyoshi wrote:
For those who have received interview invites, is there a pre-interview essay question to answer this year like last year?

Additional Essay:
All candidates invited to interview are required to submit an additional short-answer essay.

The mission of the MIT Sloan School of Management is to develop principled, innovative leaders who improve the world and to generate ideas that advance management practice. Please share with us something about your past that aligns with this mission. (250 words or less)

Please complete and submit your essay no later than 24 hours prior to the start time of your interview.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2016, 07:23
thank you! I am actually asking about the optional essay, not the one that you have to submit after interim review invite. Did anyone who received an interview didn't submit an optional essay? Thank you very much!

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.83

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2016, 14:01
I feel like everyone is going nuts on livewire about both GSB and MIT. I know I am too (for MIT)

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V46
Reviews Badge
Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2016, 16:51
What are you guys' take on how the batches of invites are sent out - based on current location or citizenship? International applicant based in Boston - not sure whether I should call it quits...

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

1 KUDOS received
Ross Thread Master
B

Kudos [?]: 19 [1], given: 26

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GRE 1: 332 Q168 V164
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2016, 18:20
This post received
KUDOS
butidigress wrote:
I feel like everyone is going nuts on livewire about both GSB and MIT. I know I am too (for MIT)

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

And that one guy who had a melt down about Ross...

Kudos [?]: 19 [1], given: 26

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 20 [1], given: 1

Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2016, 18:29
This post received
KUDOS
I can understand that guy's frustration with the whole process. But then there are these trolls there too -

"Note: Mr. Garcia, MIT Sloan is about invention. It's about ideas that are made to matter. I am disrupting the trolling market and would like an actual interview invite instead of one of my fake invites I've posted."

Its funny how they have finally decided that it is time to come out in the open about this lol

Kudos [?]: 20 [1], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Concentration: Finance, Technology
Schools: CBS '19 (S)
GPA: 3.1

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2016, 20:52
I hope by November 1st we get a decisive 'Invite for Interview' or 'Rejected' status update, and not something that leaves us hanging.

https://mitsloanadmissions.com/

Quote:
Our Admissions Committee is busy reviewing Round 1 applications for the Class of 2019! We have already begun sending interview invitations to Round 1 candidates, and will continue to send them until November 1st. By November 1st, every R1 applicant will receive an updated decision status.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

MBA Admissions Interview Insights [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2016, 07:00
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: MBA Admissions Interview Insights
For those of you preparing for interviews, our goal is to meet you and get to know you better. We are looking to collect as much information as possible to supplement your application and to help support your candidacy for MIT Sloan.

We use a Behavioral Event Interview (BEI) model to assess candidates for the MBA program. Our interviewer will spend 30-45 minutes asking questions about your past experiences to better learn how you think, act, and reflect. It’s important to come prepared with stories and examples that you did not discuss within your written application. Keep in mind your interviewer will have reviewed your application prior to meeting with you.

Check out this video of Jen Barba, Associate Director of Admissions, with tips on what to expect during the interview.

This Round we are travelling to 20 different cities to meet with you. If you are visiting campus for your interview, we encourage you to take advantage of the programming we’ve put together to help you learn more about us – you’ll have a chance to visit class and/or join current students for lunch.

Here’s a quick recap with some important tips on the interview:

• Ask important & thoughtful questions that are meaningful to you!
  • Do your research prior to the interview!…We are not only assessing your past experiences but also your fit with, and enthusiasm for MIT Sloan.
  • Be professional. Dress in business attire.
As a reminder, we will continue to send interview invitations until November 1st. By that date, every R1 applicant will receive an updated decision status.

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2016, 07:32
Livewire is going to drive me insane. I can't stop looking, but the reliability has gone out the window. Really need to disconnect from this constant heartache, but I'm hooked

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2016, 07:42
applicant1234 wrote:
Livewire is going to drive me insane. I can't stop looking, but the reliability has gone out the window. Really need to disconnect from this constant heartache, but I'm hooked

We all are mate. My take is that most of the livewire posted to date are fake. So we will need to wait... In the end I submitted 2 hours before the deadline... so should be giving them the benefit!

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 27 Oct 2016, 07:42

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  25    Next  [ 498 posts ] 

Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap