Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 23:39 It is currently 06 May 2024, 23:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
GMAT 1: 650 Q43 V36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10036 [0]
Given Kudos: 4544
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
We request all applicants to add IE MBA program to your MBA timeline so that the applicant stats displayed in the first post reflect true picture of admissions. While adding the program, MAKE SURE you are setting it for graduation year i.e. 'Class of 2018'.

Attachment:
IE_Sept.png
IE_Sept.png [ 111.09 KiB | Viewed 8405 times ]
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (September 2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
If anyone is interested in becoming ThreadMaster for this thread, please PM your request to me. Here you can learn more about duties and responsibilities of Threadmasters be-the-coolest-guy-in-the-mba-forum-be-a-threadmaster-152204.html
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Reserved Post.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all

I have been admitted to the Sept 2017 batch.
Kindly let me know at what stage of application you are on..
I presently have concerns about the job market in EU, if anyone has any insights please share.

Regards
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Whoa! As per forum stats, there are around 20 applicants applying to IE this year but we can see hardly any discussion in the thread. C'mon guys, share your admission updates, experiences during the application process, opinion about IE, etc. with your fellow applicants on this platform.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
avpk729 wrote:
Hi all

I presently have concerns about the job market in EU, if anyone has any insights please share.

Regards

Congrats avpk729 and thank you for posting your decision update on the forum. I can't comment on EU job market, but if you are looking for financial aid, here is a video posted by IE, describing their funding options.

MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply

Blast from the Past: Interview debriefs of previous IE applicants

prabhakar09 wrote:
Interview Report:
It was taken by an Admission committee member. She was friendly and understanding, in short, it was a pleasure to talk.

Some questions:
1. Walk me through your resume.
2. hobbies.
3. If you can go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?
4. Some question about my current job
5. Elevator-pitch to Donald Trump
6. current events and its impact on the world.
7. how was moving to Estonia from India? will there be similar challenges to move to Spain?
8. If you leave everything now and start a business what would it be, what will be investment and business plan
9. How many beer bottles will there be in your city on a Friday-evening?
10. 20 years from now there is an article on you in a magazine. what will be the title and why?
11. what will your friend say about you?
12. what will someone who don;t like you say?

All the best to other interview takers.

tyor wrote:
I had my interview during the week and it was really tough....More questions about my personality, strength and weakness as it applies to IE personality and IE MBA personality. I thought, I would have more control of a Skype interview than physical one... But it was really intense and gave me an idea of the programme intensity. Hoping for a quick and positive feedback.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
avpk729 wrote:
Hi all

Regards

Congrats avpk729 and thank you for posting your decision update on the forum. I can't comment on EU job market, but if you are looking for financial aid, here is a video posted by IE, describing their funding options.

Thank you for the link Narenn, I will surely check it out after work.
Regards

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DB using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all, has anyone else applied to the programs with the ieGAT like me?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.84
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi all -

I have applied to IE and been through two interviews. I'm hoping to hear feedback regarding admission this week.. my second interview was November 16th, so this is the third week. I'm happy to answer any questions re: interview process.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cmleibold wrote:
Hi all -

I have applied to IE and been through two interviews. I'm hoping to hear feedback regarding admission this week.. my second interview was November 16th, so this is the third week. I'm happy to answer any questions re: interview process.

Hi Cmleibold

Congrats on reaching this stage.
Could you briefly walk me through your interview and why you think a second one is lined up?

Wish you all the best

Intern
Intern
Send PM
avpk729 wrote:
cmleibold wrote:
Hi all -

Hi Cmleibold

Could you briefly walk me through your interview and why you think a second one is lined up?

Wish you all the best

The first interview was via Skype with the Los Angeles office (I'm from the Western US) and was very straightforward. Questions like tell me about yourself were followed by a walkthrough of my resume. We had a brief talk about why IE, why now, and my career goals. The interviewer was very personable and easy to talk to. This interview was conversational in nature and flew by.

The second interview was via Skype with an admissions officer located on-campus in Madrid. This interview was more strenuous. He wanted some more info regarding my education and a small gap I have between my AA and BA degrees. He also dug deeper into my work experience and wanted a rundown of day-to-day duties I fulfill. He gave me a case to work out that involved production capabilities and demand and asked me to provide a recommendation for the fake client. We finished with him asking me how many wheels were at the local airport.

From what I've been told, the second interview was necessary due to my limited work experience. Both interviewers gave me very positive feedback during the interviews and I felt like they both went well, even the more strenuous second one. I think my work experience gives me a tough road to climb for an admit, but I'm looking forward to hearing from them with a decision.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cmleibold wrote:
avpk729 wrote:
cmleibold wrote:
Hi all -

Hi Cmleibold

Wish you all the best

The first interview was via Skype with the Los Angeles office (I'm from the Western US) and was very straightforward. Questions like tell me about yourself were followed by a walkthrough of my resume. We had a brief talk about why IE, why now, and my career goals. The interviewer was very personable and easy to talk to. This interview was conversational in nature and flew by.

The second interview was via Skype with an admissions officer located on-campus in Madrid. This interview was more strenuous. He wanted some more info regarding my education and a small gap I have between my AA and BA degrees. He also dug deeper into my work experience and wanted a rundown of day-to-day duties I fulfill. He gave me a case to work out that involved production capabilities and demand and asked me to provide a recommendation for the fake client. We finished with him asking me how many wheels were at the local airport.

From what I've been told, the second interview was necessary due to my limited work experience. Both interviewers gave me very positive feedback during the interviews and I felt like they both went well, even the more strenuous second one. I think my work experience gives me a tough road to climb for an admit, but I'm looking forward to hearing from them with a decision.

Wow, that sounds like a solid vetting. Was it easy for you to visit Madrid for the second interview ? Personally I might not have made the trip, if I could avoid it.
Kudos on the experience. Do wish you the best.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm sorry, my wording was a little bit off when I first wrote my post. Both interviews were conducted via Skype, so I haven't traveled to the campus yet. I've amended the post to reflect that.

Sent from my SM-N915V using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
During my application phase I really needed a way to visualize the campus so that I could imagine being there.
This below video helped me get a sense of IEs urban campus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbC6E914oUY
Intern
Intern
Send PM
How long did it take them to get back to you with a decision after your interview? I'm at three weeks right now and am wondering if I should send them an e-mail looking for an update
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cmleibold wrote:
How long did it take them to get back to you with a decision after your interview? I'm at three weeks right now and am wondering if I should send them an e-mail looking for an update

They took about little over a week for me.
Emailing them might be a good idea.

GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts