Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 05:11 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 05:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [13]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
msimonetti wrote:
Brazilian applying for round 1 here.

Do you guys know the best way to practice for the video interviews?

msimonetti - what works best is for you to record yourself for each of these questions and then watch it. Might be uncomfortable at first but I've found this is the #1 best method to improve. I have my clients upload their recordings to help coach them on things, which they have found to be helpful.

I posted all the video questions and my tips in a separate thread
https://gmatclub.com/forum/insead-video ... 35501.html

Hope this helps!
Farrell

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: INSEAD Jan'18
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Thanks Farell, appreciate your quick revert ! I find the more I work on my application, on which I have been working sporadically for nearly a month now, the better it is getting - and which will improve considerably more by R2! As such, planning to spend more time on improving my application now then and applying to R2. Thx again !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

January vs Sept intake .. Seeing that January intake acceptance ratios are significantly lower as compared to Septembers, is also making me rethink if it is better to apply in September only. Other than an opportunity for an internship, which I am told is also not very definite in the first place and the conversion ratios are still lower, doesn't applying for the September intake make better sense... Thx..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
In the INSEAD application where do you put in your GPA?

I saw a field for the GMAT and the transcript upload - but nothing for the GPA specifically.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Quick question/clarification about the deadline (March 15th) - midnight France time I'm assuming

Is this the deadline to submit completed online application (including recommendations + transcripts) ??
or
do we have to finish video essays before the march 15th too?

I am planning on submitting the online application on Monday, March 13th and hoping for 1 more weeks time (till March 20th) for video essays/interview (March 20th)

Could someone please clarify?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
harsha2085 wrote:
Quick question/clarification about the deadline (March 15th) - midnight France time I'm assuming

Is this the deadline to submit completed online application (including recommendations + transcripts) ??
or

I am planning on submitting the online application on Monday, March 13th and hoping for 1 more weeks time (till March 20th) for video essays/interview (March 20th)

Sorry guys,
I think I found my answer

Insead website says
"Please complete your video interviews at your earliest convenience and no later than 48 hours after the deadline to which you are applying"
So, March 17th midnight France time
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V36
Send PM
harsha2085 wrote:
harsha2085 wrote:

or

Sorry guys,

Insead website says
"Please complete your video interviews at your earliest convenience and no later than 48 hours after the deadline to which you are applying"

It's one week not 48 hours. I completed my application on deadline day and got 1 week to complete the videos.

Sent from my iPad using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
MitchA wrote:
harsha2085 wrote:
harsha2085 wrote:

or

Sorry guys,

Insead website says

It's one week not 48 hours. I completed my application on deadline day and got 1 week to complete the videos.

I would be great if someone can confirm this? Could it be that the time scale has changed? Highly doubt that INSEAD would say 48h hours on their website and then do something else.

Kind Regards
Jonas
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 718 [0]
Given Kudos: 99
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.88
WE:Business Development (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Jonas84 wrote:
MitchA wrote:
harsha2085 wrote:

or

Sorry guys,

Insead website says

I would be great if someone can confirm this? Could it be that the time scale has changed? Highly doubt that INSEAD would say 48h hours on their website and then do something else.

Kind Regards
Jonas

I'd stick with what the website says. In the end the video questions are not a huge deal, nor something you can really prepare for. I think INSEAD Adcom wants to see your presence and personality in these videos as much as they want a thoughtful answer. If you've thought about the questions posted earlier in this forum I would say you're good to go.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V36
Send PM
I applied a month ago and I had a week. And back then, the website had two conflicting info: the 48h you referred to and one week somewhere else. After you submit your online application, you'll get an email with the link to the video submission and will confirm the deadline. Good luck

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10020 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
All the best to all who submitted their apps in R1. Here is a quick comparison of R1 application pools of 2017 and 2018 intakes. The data is taken from GMATClub user database.

INSEAD Application Pool (GMATClub Users): 2017 vs 2018 January Intake
2017 Intake2018 Intake
# of Applicants11266
Invited to Interview15%N/A
Accepted11%N/A
GMAT Range (Overall)600 - 770590 - 780
GMAT Range (Admits)680 - 740N/A
Avg GMAT (Overall)713700
Avg GMAT (Admits)714N/A
Avg GPA3.383.4
Avg WE5.765.38
Avg Age2726
Educational Background
Business and Economics10%10%
Computer Science8%16%
Engineering67%58%
Law3%-
Science and Math5%7%
Social Sciences3%3%
Other4%6%

Attachment:
2017 vs 2018 Locations.png
2017 vs 2018 Locations.png [ 79.23 KiB | Viewed 4437 times ]
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10020 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
This is humble request to all applicants that please add INSEAD school on your MBA timeline on Decision Tracker and update your application status as you progress through application process - It will give some stats and insights for others to look into.

While adding INSEAD to your profile, make sure you are entering "Class of 2019". I know this class will graduate in December 2018, but our Bschool system counts program duration in whole years, not in months, so a 1 year program starting in 2018 becomes class of 2019. Thanks!

https://gmatclub.com/forum/insead-201/app-tracker.html

Attachment:
INSEAD Status Update2.png
INSEAD Status Update2.png [ 142.27 KiB | Viewed 4406 times ]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V41
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Hi guys,

I am planning to apply in R2, by 3-May. I have been working in my current role for almost 12 months now. There is a restructuring going in my department and I might have slightly different responsibilities by next month (April).

My question is: should I write about my current role in the job description essay, or my new role? Especially given that by the time I will apply on 3-May, I will be working in my new role, though only for a just a few weeks by then.

Looking forward to your responses. Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.02
Send PM
when is the deadline for the recommenders to submit their letters ?! is it today as well ?!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 718 [0]
Given Kudos: 99
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.88
WE:Business Development (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Ramsh wrote:
when is the deadline for the recommenders to submit their letters ?! is it today as well ?!

Recommenders have an additional week to submit their forms. As long as you have inputted their information and they have received the link to the form, you are good to go for today! Good luck to you and everyone else submitting today!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: International Business
GRE 1: Q167 V162
GPA: 3.34
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos

We can't wait for you guys to join us!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Applied to Round 1 January intake on 15th March.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
YumBeeA wrote:
Applied to Round 1 January intake on 15th March.

Good luck, YumBeeA!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  38   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts