Last visit was: 23 May 2024, 07:08 It is currently 23 May 2024, 07:08
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Re: Official HBS Class of 2019 Waitlist [#permalink]
Also on the "small list."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Really disappointed with the way this process has been managed. It's understandable that they're dealing with unknowns like a higher-than-expected yield, but after a painful week of waiting, would've appreciated some acknowledgment from Eileen that the numbers didn't play out the way they expected.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
So question for everyone - do you think our chances has increased, decreased, or stayed the same? Did they make ANY releases on the WL that are confirmed? They definitely admitted at least a handful of folks... (3 by our count)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Also on the "small group".... And just to point out that Eileen's mail was more succint than usual. Maybe it means something? Anyway can't wait to feel anxious one more time in March!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
HBSwaitlist1324 wrote:
Really disappointed with the way this process has been managed. It's understandable that they're dealing with unknowns like a higher-than-expected yield, but after a painful week of waiting, would've appreciated some acknowledgment from Eileen that the numbers didn't play out the way they expected.

Completely agree with you. What I am not quite sure about is what could have changed so drastically between last Friday and this Friday
Manager
Manager
Send PM
HBSwaitlist1324 wrote:

Completely agree with you. What I am not quite sure about is what could have changed so drastically between last Friday and this Friday
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Lol it was very short - look, clearly they didn't stick to the script. Have no idea what that means for our chances.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Just as frustrated as all you guys. Not at the result, but by the way the process was managed... It's not fair to us wait listers to put us through a week of hell for absolutely no reason.

I'm looking forward to attending my #2 prions, and while I will remain on the wait list, I just simply don't have any emotional energy to give to HBS anymore, not after our experience this past week.

I suggest we all do the same and start looking forward. If anything happens here, just a bonus
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
CJH2015 wrote:
So question for everyone - do you think our chances has increased, decreased, or stayed the same? Did they make ANY releases on the WL that are confirmed? They definitely admitted at least a handful of folks... (3 by our count)

I think it depends on the number they plan to admit. If the number is *truly* 20-30, then our chances should be roughly the same. However, I honestly have no idea what the real number is.

If we get punted further, along with the R2 waitlisters, that would definitely mean a drastic drop in our odds of securing an offer.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Pretty helpful.
I was looking for this information.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
How is everyone holding up? I'm guessing we will hear on March 22nd with the R2 applicants.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
BA2012 wrote:
How is everyone holding up? I'm guessing we will hear on March 22nd with the R2 applicants.

Kind of expected an update email last Friday, but other than that I have tried to stay away from all things HBS in the last month. Really curious how many will get off the WL. Could be that more people than we know were already accepted in February, or that r2 applicants were strong and HBS wont be needing the WL as much as it did in prior years. Guess we can only speculate for now.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Very interesting no update on the WL yet... would pay good money to find out what changed about this year. Bad year to get waitlisted I suppose ... =/
Intern
Intern
Schools: HBS '19 (D)
GMAT 1: 780 Q53 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Seriously have no idea what is going on.. I can't believe we have not even got an update given Eileen said, " I will be in touch in mid-March with another update on our admissions process"
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Very strange to not have received anything by now, especially with R2 decisions coming out on the 22nd. Any chance we all get our decisions with the R2 candidates?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
We should be hearing from the school Monday or Tuesday latest.

Best of luck to all of you.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
risingfalls wrote:
We should be hearing from the school Monday or Tuesday latest.

Best of luck to all of you.

Posted from my mobile device

Could be mistaken but I think in years past WLers have heard on the notification date. I'm betting that on Wednesday we will receive an email about a status update on the portal and will need to log in for results. Could be preceded by an email from Eileen Chang on Mon/Tues though. Good luck
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6936 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts