Last visit was: 03 Jun 2024, 18:37 It is currently 03 Jun 2024, 18:37
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73474 [46]
Given Kudos: 19056
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4573 [0]
Given Kudos: 1228
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [2]
Send PM
Re: Verbal Chat with a Tutor every Wednesday at 7:30 AM PST/8 PM IST [#permalink]
Kudos
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3171 [1]
Given Kudos: 893
GRE 1: Q169 V154
Send PM
Re: Verbal Chat with a Tutor every Wednesday at 7:30 AM PST/8 PM IST [#permalink]
Kudos
Tremendous initiative.
The Chatroom would be LIT UP..!!

My question would be regarding how to make an appropriate RC strategy.

Regards
Stone Cold
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 33212 [3]
Given Kudos: 4498
Send PM
Kudos
Top Contributor
stonecold wrote:
Tremendous initiative.

Regards
Stone Cold

Although Sir Charles will be a plus, definitely, here you have all the necessary tools both theory and practice to boost your skills in RC.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/rc-verbal-qu ... l#p1509481

Regards
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3171 [0]
Send PM
carcass wrote:
stonecold wrote:
Tremendous initiative.

Regards
Stone Cold

Although Sir Charles will be a plus, definitely, here you have all the necessary tools both theory and practice to boost your skills in RC.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/rc-verbal-qu ... l#p1509481

Regards

Thanks Carcass.
I will surely go through that.
I have an off topic question => How do you rate RC-99?
Someone has recommended that i combine Official Questions with RC-99 for a more comprehensive RC prep.

Any thoughts.?
Any Recommendations?

P.S-> I am an RC beginner.

Regards
Stone Cold
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2772 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Send PM
Top Contributor
bb wrote:

Join us on Wednesdays at 8 AM PST/8:30 PM IST for a Verbal-focused GMAT chat with GMATNinja (Charles).

Charles Tutors GMAT and GRE and has scored on the GMAT 780 and a perfect 800. He will available in the GMAT Club Chatroom to answer any questions you may have - whether you are struggling with a question or need help with your strategy or timing, do not hesitate to ask him personally. While Charles charges $200+ per hr for his services, he is offering his time and help on GMAT Club absolutely free.

Join us on Wednesdays at 8 AM PST/8:30 PM IST for a verbal chat with Charles!

P.S. If you want Charles to prep for any specific questions, feel free to post them here! He will do best to cover them in the session.

Wonderful initiative indeed.
I hope everyone makes best use of these sessions given that verbal is a tough nut to crack for many(including me. :) )
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1594 [0]
Given Kudos: 579
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GPA: 3.35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Great Initiative bb :-)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73474 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Great! Look forward to joining on Wed. Wish it was sooner (hate waiting).....
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 33212 [2]
Given Kudos: 4498
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Top Contributor
Thanks Carcass.
Someone has recommended that i combine Official Questions with RC-99 for a more comprehensive RC prep.

Any thoughts.?
Any Recommendations?

Regards
Stone Cold

Follow my directory. Especially, read very carefully the very first link in the theory section.

As for RC 99 it is good only to improve your grasp of inference questions. Overall it is not the best resource to improve your RC skills.

Not only that: in general tackle difficult passage is not only a question of main idea, inference or else; it is a more subtle way. Overall, what is all about depends on your English language level, whether or not is easy for you read complex lecture or article, your vocabulary poor or less.

Hope this helps.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3171 [0]
Send PM
carcass wrote:
Thanks Carcass.

Any thoughts.?
Any Recommendations?

Regards
Stone Cold

Follow my directory. Especially, read very carefully the very first link in the theory section.

As for RC 99 it is good only to improve your grasp of inference questions. Overall it is not the best resource to improve your RC skills.

Not only that: in general tackle difficult passage is not only a question of main idea, inference or else; it is a more subtle way. Overall, what is all about depends on your English language level, whether or not is easy for you read complex lecture or article, your vocabulary poor or less.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Carcass.

Appreciate the response.

Regards
Stone Cold
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20845 [1]
Given Kudos: 926
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40 (Online)
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Kudos

Source : Official Guide 2017

Question : CR 646
Page : 540

Since it has become known that several of a bank's top executives have been buying shares in their own bank, the bank's depositors, who had been worried by rumors that the bank faced impending financial collapse, have been greatly relieved. They reason that, since top executives evidently have faith in the bank's financial soundness, those worrisome rumors must be false. Such reasoning might well be overoptimistic, however, since corporate executives have been known to buy shares in their own company in a calculated attempt to dispel negative rumors about the company's health.

In the argument given, the two boldfaced portions play which of the following roles?

(A) The first describes evidence that has been taken as supporting a conclusion; the second gives a reason for questioning that support.

(B) The first describes evidence that has been taken as supporting a conclusion; the second states a contrary conclusion that is the main conclusion of the argument.

(C) The first provides evidence in support of the main conclusion of the argument; the second states that conclusion.

(D) The first describes the circumstance that the argument as a whole seeks to explain; the second gives the explanation that the argument seeks to establish.

(E) The first describes the circumstance that the argument as a whole seeks to explain; the second provides evidence in support of the explanation that the argument seeks to establish.

I wish we could discuss this problem on coming Wednesday.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Verbal Chat is starting in 15 mins! Please join us in the Chatroom

https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you all who participated in the Verbal Chat! We had about 50 people show up and a great discussion that went on for 2 hours.
See you guys again next week - feel free to post your questions for Charles for next week!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Amazing session by GMATNinja.

Thank you bb for arranging these sessions.

Topic for next week: Difference between -ed/-ing modifiers and verbs
Own Kudos [?]: 1979 [3]
Given Kudos: 200
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Kudos