Last visit was: 01 May 2024, 16:02 It is currently 01 May 2024, 16:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5430 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51463 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5430 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Alum
Send PM
Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
No they do put some people on waitlists. That's their policy.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
Abhishank wrote:
Everyone here is talking about team-exercise and interview, on-campus/off-campus, or are a little unhappy about the ding.
I, on the other hand, have no idea what to feel in the absence of an email :P

Abhishank maybe the people who are saying they are dinged will confirm if they received an actual ding e-mail, but given past years and Ross blog posts I wonder if they are saying they were dinged simply because they didn't get the interview invite and not an actual e-mail. Most years people weren't officially dinged until the actual notification date. Last year during Round 2 Ross did send ding e-mails early, but that was several weeks after the interview invites went out. For a few years Ross has shared that if you do not receive an interview invite then your application will continue to be evaluated to determine if you will be rejected or waitlisted. I don't think they have had the time to do that thorough of a read yet, especially since the timing of blog posts and interview invites this year made it kind of feel like Ross was a bit rushed in getting through all the applications to do interview invites (just a gut feel. Might be wrong there).

It doesn't really change the uncertainty for you whether the dings were just because they didn't get an interview invite or there were actual ding e-mails (since you didn't get one of those yourself), but just wanted to share that info since you seemed to have questions about invites, ding e-mails, what to feel, etc. Someone who marked themselves as a ding might chime in for a more definite answer. But from past years and since they said all Round 1 invites went out yesterday you likely will have either waitlist or ding on December 15th or in a few weeks they may announce an earlier notification of dings like Round 2 last year (that might have been because Round 2 has a lot of applications).

EDIT: Whoops some people already shared the important info about next steps while I was posting this
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 101
Schools: Booth '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
abhimahna wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
Yes so if you have not heard anything, then either you will be waitlisted and added to the R2 pool or denied :(
I had that fate last year though I applied in R2.

I doubt they will actually put us in the waitlist category and consider us a part of R2 pool.

If not now, then NEVER. :(

See this interview with Soojin.
It's a little dated so things may have changed a bit, but this gives a really detailed picture of how they decide on things.
There's a group of candidates who they are sure they don't want to invite, but there's another group where they are undecided and the applications go through further reviews...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Has anyone written to the adcom about not receiving any notification? I know this has been discussed a bit on the forum already but I have been waitlisted at 2 other schools so really looking forward to some closure here.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V155
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
I did, got a reply back saying there are no further invites going to be sent out.

So, some of us who did not get an invite - it's a ding. I didn't understand why they sent rejections to some and not to some

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Can anyone confirm they sent email dings out?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
For everyone who did not get any notification, this is what adcom emailed me

"If you were not invited to interview, it means that your application will be further reviewed to determine whether you will be placed on the waitlist or denied. If you are waitlisted, your application will be reconsidered with the Round 2 pool. Admissions decisions will be released on December 15 when you will be able to login to your account to review your decision."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Has anyone heard back from their interviewer (incase of an off campus in person interview) ?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 271 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Send PM
venky12 wrote:
Has anyone heard back from their interviewer (incase of an off campus in person interview) ?

I did. about 14-20 hours after I submitted the request I got an email directly from their Michigan email address.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ThadGA08 wrote:
Abhishank wrote:
Everyone here is talking about team-exercise and interview, on-campus/off-campus, or are a little unhappy about the ding.
I, on the other hand, have no idea what to feel in the absence of an email :P

Abhishank maybe the people who are saying they are dinged will confirm if they received an actual ding e-mail, but given past years and Ross blog posts I wonder if they are saying they were dinged simply because they didn't get the interview invite and not an actual e-mail. Most years people weren't officially dinged until the actual notification date. Last year during Round 2 Ross did send ding e-mails early, but that was several weeks after the interview invites went out. For a few years Ross has shared that if you do not receive an interview invite then your application will continue to be evaluated to determine if you will be rejected or waitlisted. I don't think they have had the time to do that thorough of a read yet, especially since the timing of blog posts and interview invites this year made it kind of feel like Ross was a bit rushed in getting through all the applications to do interview invites (just a gut feel. Might be wrong there).

It doesn't really change the uncertainty for you whether the dings were just because they didn't get an interview invite or there were actual ding e-mails (since you didn't get one of those yourself), but just wanted to share that info since you seemed to have questions about invites, ding e-mails, what to feel, etc. Someone who marked themselves as a ding might chime in for a more definite answer. But from past years and since they said all Round 1 invites went out yesterday you likely will have either waitlist or ding on December 15th or in a few weeks they may announce an earlier notification of dings like Round 2 last year (that might have been because Round 2 has a lot of applications).

EDIT: Whoops some people already shared the important info about next steps while I was posting this

Thanks for the comprehensive insight :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
Schools: Darden '20
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Bummer....applied in R2 last year and was on the summer waitlist. Surprised with not even an interview invite this time. Never knew Ross was so popular among Indian applicants despite not cosigning student loans to internationals.

Didn't really have many updates from last application as there was hardly 3-4 months between last year's waitlist and this year's application. Good luck to others.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Yeah same story for me too. Haven't gotten an email so I think it's over for me. I did email the associate director of admissions, who I met at a networking event and he said they do keep some applicants wait listed and let them know if they would be invited in round 2 or not so he told me to be hopeful but I know what it actually means. :D.

It sucks though but congratulations to everyone who got called. To those who are in the same boat as I am, well there's always next year. :).

Sent from my ONE A2005 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.03
Send PM
Guys I'm in a bit of a pickle and need some help. So I booked a slot with the alum for this Saturday morning, but he asked me to reschedule. He got back to me a couple of times with options, but I had to turn them down as they weren't workable for me (I need to travel to get to the interview location and I can't do that between the work-week).

Now I haven't heard back from him since yesterday morning, and I'm not sure how long I should wait for before following up with him.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have requested for slots in 2 different cities and haven't heard back from anyone.
The adcoms say give them ~3 days to revert. I do not want to be in a situation where I am forced to do a Skype interview.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.03
Send PM
venky12 wrote:
I have requested for slots in 2 different cities and haven't heard back from anyone.
The adcoms say give them ~3 days to revert. I do not want to be in a situation where I am forced to do a Skype interview.

On this note, can you please share why there's a general aversion to Skype interviews? Is that a personal thing or is there another reason? I've seen a lot of people say they'd rather want a face-to-face interview, so just wanted to know

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ross Admissions prefers that applicants interview on campus with a MBA2 Student Interviewer or off campus with an Alumni Interviewer. This preference stems from the fact that the in-person interview experience is more positive for both the interviewer and applicant. In the event that neither of those options is feasible for you, we are able to arrange for a video interview via a Skype connection with a MBA2 Student Interviewer. Regardless of the interview type, all interviews are valued equally by the Admissions Committee.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rajdavezz99 wrote:
venky12 wrote:

On this note, can you please share why there's a general aversion to Skype interviews? Is that a personal thing or is there another reason? I've seen a lot of people say they'd rather want a face-to-face interview, so just wanted to know

Its a personal thing for me. I am more comfortable in an in-person discussion vs video calling.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  48   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts