It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 08:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 21 Oct 2014
Posts: 38

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.83
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 18:25
pseudonym0901 wrote:
Does Ross tend to interview a sizable chunk of its applicants?


Found this interesting blog on acceptance % post interview stage. At Ross there is a ~60% chance of getting admitted after interviews.

http://www.mbadataguru.com/blog/admissi ... ance-rate/

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
P
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 15865

Kudos [?]: 29081 [0], given: 5264

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Multiple Decisions Reported [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 18:30
Ross DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

  • Denied, 47 minutes ago, from China, GMAT:710 (Q50 V36), GPA: 3.2, Industry: Education, WE 96, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 48 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:720 (Q46 V44), GPA: 3.87, Industry: Consulting, WE 25, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 29081 [0], given: 5264

Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 23 Nov 2016
Posts: 69

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 66

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 18:36
I’ve booked an on-campus slot for 18th Nov.

PM me if anyone else will be there that day.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
_________________

.
.
.
.
.
GMAT Debrief - 770
bb's "The Definitive GMAT Study Plan" - 2016 Edition
Must read forum topics before you start your MBA application

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 66

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 18 Aug 2014
Posts: 260

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 78

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 18:41
KLC wrote:
pseudonym0901 wrote:
Does Ross tend to interview a sizable chunk of its applicants?


Found this interesting blog on acceptance % post interview stage. At Ross there is a ~60% chance of getting admitted after interviews.

http://www.mbadataguru.com/blog/admissi ... ance-rate/


Not sure how much stock I take into this. Kellogg interviews the vast majority of candidates (probably what, 95%+?) with an acceptance rate of about 20% yet if you interviewed as the majority of applicants have it nearly doubles to 36%? Can someone provide a reason this might be or am I probably right in being a bit dubious of these figures?

That said I like the idea of it being a 60% for Ross either way :D
_________________

Please help me find my lost Kudo's bird

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 78

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Jan 2017
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 18:50
FuturePM91 wrote:
I signed up for on campus November 11th! Booked all of my travel too! Anyone else doing the 11th?


Signed up for an on campus interview/team exercise on the 11th, as well! Would love to meet up with fellow GMATCLUB-ers during my visit.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 21 Oct 2014
Posts: 38

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.83
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 18:52
redfield wrote:
KLC wrote:
pseudonym0901 wrote:
Does Ross tend to interview a sizable chunk of its applicants?


Found this interesting blog on acceptance % post interview stage. At Ross there is a ~60% chance of getting admitted after interviews.

http://www.mbadataguru.com/blog/admissi ... ance-rate/


Not sure how much stock I take into this. Kellogg interviews the vast majority of candidates (probably what, 95%+?) with an acceptance rate of about 20% yet if you interviewed as the majority of applicants have it nearly doubles to 36%? Can someone provide a reason this might be or am I probably right in being a bit dubious of these figures?

That said I like the idea of it being a 60% for Ross either way :D


You're correct. Per the author the data is taken right from GMATClub over 3 years. So I imagine many people did not bother reporting an interview (since its up for everyone) but reported getting accepted afterwards.

Let me be happy in my bubble of 60% please :)

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Aug 2017
Posts: 76

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 4

Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 18:56
redfield wrote:
KLC wrote:
pseudonym0901 wrote:
Does Ross tend to interview a sizable chunk of its applicants?


Found this interesting blog on acceptance % post interview stage. At Ross there is a ~60% chance of getting admitted after interviews.

http://www.mbadataguru.com/blog/admissi ... ance-rate/


Not sure how much stock I take into this. Kellogg interviews the vast majority of candidates (probably what, 95%+?) with an acceptance rate of about 20% yet if you interviewed as the majority of applicants have it nearly doubles to 36%? Can someone provide a reason this might be or am I probably right in being a bit dubious of these figures?

That said I like the idea of it being a 60% for Ross either way :D


Do you guys think more invites will be sent out today, or is it done for this round?

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Oct 2017
Posts: 48

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Location: United States (NY)
GPA: 3.23
Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 19:05
Anyone else heading to Ann Arbor on 11/18?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Aug 2017
Posts: 76

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 4

Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 19:21
bb wrote:
Ross DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

  • Denied, 47 minutes ago, from China, GMAT:710 (Q50 V36), GPA: 3.2, Industry: Education, WE 96, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 48 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:720 (Q46 V44), GPA: 3.87, Industry: Consulting, WE 25, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS


Does this mean that Ross did send dings as well?
I guess then unless I receive a ding e-mail, there is still a chance.

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 4

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
P
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 15865

Kudos [?]: 29081 [0], given: 5264

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Multiple Decisions Reported [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 19:30
Ross DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

  • Invited to interview, 9 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:770 (Q50 V44), GPA: 3.6, Industry: Energy and Utilities, WE 86, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 25 minutes ago, from Singapore, GMAT:770 (Q51 V44), GPA: 3.48, Industry: Health Care, WE 34, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 29081 [0], given: 5264

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Jun 2011
Posts: 37

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 19:34
Abhishank wrote:
bb wrote:
Ross DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

  • Denied, 47 minutes ago, from China, GMAT:710 (Q50 V36), GPA: 3.2, Industry: Education, WE 96, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 48 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:720 (Q46 V44), GPA: 3.87, Industry: Consulting, WE 25, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS


Does this mean that Ross did send dings as well?
I guess then unless I receive a ding e-mail, there is still a chance.



It pains me to tell you that the admissions team had told me that all invites go out at once. Best wishes for ISB and other schools. I am sure you'll be through.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
P
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 15865

Kudos [?]: 29081 [0], given: 5264

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Multiple Decisions Reported [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 20:30
Ross DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

  • Invited to interview, 33 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:740 (Q50 V40), GPA: 4, Industry: Consulting, WE 56, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 53 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:740 (Q50 V40), GPA: 3.74, Industry: Transportation, WE 60, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 29081 [0], given: 5264

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jun 2017
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 22

Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 21:04
Woke up to a dinge. (Indian Applicant GMAT -720). Heading for a retake !

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 22

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Aug 2017
Posts: 76

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 4

Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 21:15
venky12 wrote:
Abhishank wrote:
bb wrote:
Ross DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

  • Denied, 47 minutes ago, from China, GMAT:710 (Q50 V36), GPA: 3.2, Industry: Education, WE 96, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 48 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:720 (Q46 V44), GPA: 3.87, Industry: Consulting, WE 25, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS


Does this mean that Ross did send dings as well?
I guess then unless I receive a ding e-mail, there is still a chance.



It pains me to tell you that the admissions team had told me that all invites go out at once. Best wishes for ISB and other schools. I am sure you'll be through.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Thanks :)
But again, I have not even received a dinge, what does that mean?
I can see people receiving rejection emails as well

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Sep 2017
Posts: 24

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 21:21
It means you can still get wait listed.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

BSchool Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Dec 2015
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Location: United States (TX)
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.74
WE: Business Development (Transportation)
Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 22:27
Wow! all the slots for Nov. 18th (on-campus) were done by the time I woke up.

I am wondering if we can have the GMAT score on the resume we provide for the interview. I had the score on my 'application' resume, but since the interviewer would only see the resume, I do not want it to be perceived in a wrong way. Any thoughts?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 18 Aug 2014
Posts: 260

Kudos [?]: 71 [1], given: 78

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 22:32
1
This post received
KUDOS
ramachandran163 wrote:
Wow! all the slots for Nov. 18th (on-campus) were done by the time I woke up.

I am wondering if we can have the GMAT score on the resume we provide for the interview. I had the score on my 'application' resume, but since the interviewer would only see the resume, I do not want it to be perceived in a wrong way. Any thoughts?


I would think not. Just my opinion but they're looking for fit, that's why the format is so conversational, they want to know are you a good fit for the culture. You can put the GMAT down but I believe that GMAT is primarily for the admissions office while a resume is for experiences.
_________________

Please help me find my lost Kudo's bird

Kudos [?]: 71 [1], given: 78

BSchool Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Dec 2015
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Location: United States (TX)
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.74
WE: Business Development (Transportation)
Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 22:54
I agree. That was my thought as well.

redfield wrote:
ramachandran163 wrote:
Wow! all the slots for Nov. 18th (on-campus) were done by the time I woke up.

I am wondering if we can have the GMAT score on the resume we provide for the interview. I had the score on my 'application' resume, but since the interviewer would only see the resume, I do not want it to be perceived in a wrong way. Any thoughts?


I would think not. Just my opinion but they're looking for fit, that's why the format is so conversational, they want to know are you a good fit for the culture. You can put the GMAT down but I believe that GMAT is primarily for the admissions office while a resume is for experiences.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Sep 2017
Posts: 24

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 05:18
I noticed that they say the interviews are weighted equally but if you watch the video on the admissions blog it says if you skip the team interview you're "missing out on a chance to make another positive impression." Wonder how much the team interview helps. I talked with a student ambassador and they said if you do well on the team interview you're pretty much golden but im not sure how accurate that is.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Aug 2017
Posts: 76

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 4

Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 05:37
Everyone here is talking about team-exercise and interview, on-campus/off-campus, or are a little unhappy about the ding.
I, on the other hand, have no idea what to feel in the absence of an email :P

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020   [#permalink] 31 Oct 2017, 05:37

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  19    Next  [ 374 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Ross 2018 Applicants - Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.