Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 08:54 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 08:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.3
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCD Smurfit MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
I'll be applying this week, roy26 do you have any insights into the application and interview process now that you've been accepted?

Also good luck ayushyetchina.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCD Smurfit MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
chrisloya wrote:
I'll be applying this week, roy26 do you have any insights into the application and interview process now that you've been accepted?

Thanks!

I gave my interview on Wednesday, exactly a week ago. The admission head told me that they'll let me know by Monday at max. Nothing yet! :hurt:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
Send PM
Hi.

I have 6.5 years work ex as a Mechanical Engineer with TCS-Engineering Services and scored a 680 on GMAT. I have been trying to get some information on UCD Smurfit. Where can I get info on when the program starts? And do I have a chance of getting in with this profile. I saw on the website that there are no applications deadline and I am a little confused how it would work.

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ayushyetchina wrote:
chrisloya wrote:

Thanks!

I gave my interview on Wednesday, exactly a week ago. The admission head told me that they'll let me know by Monday at max. Nothing yet! :hurt:

Hi Ayush,

I am real sorry for the wrong status. I meant to change it to interviewed only.
Even, I was interviewed on last Wednesday and I was told that they will get back to me by Monday, latest.

Strange, I haven't heard from them since.

Regards,
Arnab
Intern
Intern
Send PM
chrisloya wrote:

I had only been interviewed. Apologies for the wrong status
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aravindmnn wrote:
Hi.

I have 6.5 years work ex as a Mechanical Engineer with TCS-Engineering Services and scored a 680 on GMAT. I have been trying to get some information on UCD Smurfit. Where can I get info on when the program starts? And do I have a chance of getting in with this profile. I saw on the website that there are no applications deadline and I am a little confused how it would work.

Thanks in advance.

I think the application works on a rolling basis. The sooner you apply the better chance you have.
I believe the Smurfit website has every details of the program.

As for your chances, you can approach current/ex students. They will be in a better position to answer. Although, on an initial look it's quite a fit for the program.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Smurfit (S)
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V32
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi Guys,

thanks for sharing application progress.

in how many days/weeks after submitting the application you guys received interview call ?

thank,
Aashish
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Guys, finally admitted with a 25% scholarship!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats on getting accepted and getting a scholarship!!

Quick question, about how long do interviews run for? I have mine on Friday and I just want to have some sense of the length.

Thanks and congrats again.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
chrisloya wrote:
Congrats on getting accepted and getting a scholarship!!

Quick question, about how long do interviews run for? I have mine on Friday and I just want to have some sense of the length.

Thanks and congrats again.

Mine lasted for around 30-35 mins. I think this time there is serious competition for UCD. I was expecting slightly more grant though.
All the best for your interview. It's normally a casual conversation rather than a grilling one.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Interview was very much like you described. Admissions committee meets every Thursday so I'm hoping to have a decision next Friday. As for the grant piece, they told me they give partial grants early on and then decide on the bigger ones starting around February. So I there is still hope for having your grant raised.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
chrisloya wrote:
Interview was very much like you described. Admissions committee meets every Thursday so I'm hoping to have a decision next Friday. As for the grant piece, they told me they give partial grants early on and then decide on the bigger ones starting around February. So I there is still hope for having your grant raised.

All the best for the results then. Are you planning to take up the offer if you're admitted?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
If I'm admitted I'm 99% sure I'll take the offer. I'm excited about how small the class size is and what I've been reading in the current class' blog. I also think the ability to work for 2 years after graduating is very attractive. We'll see how it goes :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
Send PM
roy26 wrote:

Hey roy26,

Congratulations on the admit and the scholarship.

I was interviewed last Friday and am waiting for an update.
How long did UCD take to get back?

Also could you tell a little about your profile and GMAT score.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MSR007 wrote:
roy26 wrote:

Hey roy26,

4+ years of IT experience, 700 GMAT and good extracurriculars! What about you?

I had applied on 5th of October, notified on 30th, interviewed on 15th of November and finally got offered on 28th!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 571 [0]
Given Kudos: 164
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
roy26 wrote:
MSR007 wrote:
roy26 wrote:

Hey roy26,

4+ years of IT experience, 700 GMAT and good extracurriculars! What about you?

I had applied on 5th of October, notified on 30th, interviewed on 15th of November and finally got offered on 28th!

Hi roy26
Congrats on the admit. I have heard that people with a 700 score get a full fee waiver irrespective of the profile. I am not completely sure though.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Times have changed my friend. I believe a lot of Indians with 700+ score have applied this time. Anyway, I have confirmed news that those offered on 28th were given 25% waiver only with a chance of getting further waiver after february (no guarantee though).

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts