Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 12:21 It is currently 14 May 2024, 12:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants! [#permalink]
munislayer wrote:
Anyone applying to six schools? Hopefully I don't get dinged for wanting to maximize my chances of admission :(

I applied to five schools. I really don’t think the schools see your rankings or how many you applied to I got scholarships from my 4th and 5th ranked schools.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
2022hopeful wrote:
munislayer wrote:
Anyone applying to six schools? Hopefully I don't get dinged for wanting to maximize my chances of admission :(

I applied to five schools. I really don’t think the schools see your rankings or how many you applied to I got scholarships from my 4th and 5th ranked schools.

I'm assuming the scholarships are not through The Consortium. Do you know if they matched or got anywhere close to 100% by chance?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
UCFKnight08 wrote:
2022hopeful wrote:
munislayer wrote:

I'm assuming the scholarships are not through The Consortium. Do you know if they matched or got anywhere close to 100% by chance?

They were non consortium scholarships. One was 100% and the other was 80%.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
2022hopeful wrote:
UCFKnight08 wrote:
2022hopeful wrote:

They were non consortium scholarships. One was 100% and the other was 80%.

That's amazing, congrats! You must be so stoked. After my interviews it looks like my #3 and #6 ranked choices will be the ones to come through with an offer (hopefully). I'm leaning toward #6 but #3 would have first priority to give Consortium. This gives me hope for potentially negotiating if needed - thanks for sharing and giving us some hope! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Congrats 2022! I think your #1 will know you ranked them #1 because they can offer you CGSM fellowship in December. Regardless, glad to hear you all are seeing acceptances!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V51
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Rejected post interview or waitlisted from 3/5 Consortium schools I applied to, but just got admitted with scholarship to an M7. Really confused by this pattern and starting to think it was a yield protection move, but not complaining. Any others who applied to Consortium and non Consortium schools having a similar experience?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GRE 1: Q169 V157
Send PM
int202 wrote:
Rejected post interview or waitlisted from 3/5 Consortium schools I applied to, but just got admitted with scholarship to an M7. Really confused by this pattern and starting to think it was a yield protection move, but not complaining. Any others who applied to Consortium and non Consortium schools having a similar experience?

Yup, got admitted with 70k to Duke and WL at Yale, Ding from Darden so far and Haas isn't looking good even though I ranked #1. Meanwhile, I'm in the worse industry in the world oil and gas where it's harder to find a petroleum engineering job than it was for Finance guys in 2008. Significantly harder, like 12 jobs online and 3,000 people applying to them. FYI anyone interested in energy, GET OUT. Thank god for Duke. In my experience, maybe it's just the industry I'm in, Life's just a constant uphill battle and there's almost no winning.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing
Send PM
erlandgas wrote:
int202 wrote:

Yup, got admitted with 70k to Duke and WL at Yale, Ding from Darden so far and Haas isn't looking good even though I ranked #1. Meanwhile, I'm in the worse industry in the world oil and gas where it's harder to find a petroleum engineering job than it was for Finance guys in 2008. Significantly harder, like 12 jobs online and 3,000 people applying to them. FYI anyone interested in energy, GET OUT. Thank god for Duke. In my experience, maybe it's just the industry I'm in, Life's just a constant uphill battle and there's almost no winning.

Yep I'm having the same experience. My friends in bschool just keep saying "trust the process, you'll land where is best for you". I'm still waiting to hear from Haas which is my first choice as well. Not sure they've reached out to Consortium applicants yet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Didn't apply outside of the consortium, but wish I had now that I look back on it. Congrats on the M7, and congrats on Duke (erland).

I'm 3/3 on places I've heard back from (SOM, Darden, Stern).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
erlandgas wrote:
int202 wrote:

Thanks, I thought I was going crazy here. Duke is a great school that will take you basically anywhere you need to go, and ultimately you can only attend 1 anyway. I guess I was expecting a more predictable result like undergrad where you're rejected from reaches, get into "match" schools, and accepted to all your safeties.

Hopefully Haas works out (I'm still waiting on Sloan myself) but if we end up with only 1 admit ($) that's still a great outcome. Certainly makes the decision easier.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Send PM
brooklynhipster wrote:
Didn't apply outside of the consortium, but wish I had now that I look back on it. Congrats on the M7, and congrats on Duke (erland).

I'm 3/3 on places I've heard back from (SOM, Darden, Stern).

3/3 as in admit or ding? If admit fantastic, If ding, theres more schools and R2 for non consortium.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Duke and M7 are great guys. I hope you guys are happy with those results. As others have said, both those schools won’t hold you back. M7 is M7 and Duke is just so highly respected considering it’s position outside of top 10. I hope you guys get into your other schools as well, but if not, you have all the resources you need now to make a serious impact going forward.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
sixxx wrote:
Duke and M7 are great guys. I hope you guys are happy with those results. As others have said, both those schools won’t hold you back. M7 is M7 and Duke is just so highly respected considering it’s position outside of top 10. I hope you guys get into your other schools as well, but if not, you have all the resources you need now to make a serious impact going forward.

I am grateful, incredibly, and hopefully you receive what you want in acceptances. Duke cracked the top 10 this year. I don't know if that's how it's viewed by majority people, but hopefully it stays!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Acceptances! and thanks! Shout out you guys/girls as well.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing
Send PM
brooklynhipster wrote:
Acceptances! and thanks! Shout out you guys/girls as well.

Congrats on your acceptances!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Kudos
Just submitted my consortium app to six schools. Wish me luck..
Intern
Intern
Send PM

Originally posted by int202 on 12 Dec 2019, 09:38.
Last edited by int202 on 12 Mar 2020, 19:45, edited 2 times in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  19   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts