GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 28 Feb 2020, 17:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Oct 2019
Posts: 23
Location: United States (IL)
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2019, 10:40
Haas is killing me with this wait...luckily my afternoon at work is busy. It’ll be a nice distraction.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Oct 2019
Posts: 32
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2019, 04:27
2
Got into Tuck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Oct 2019
Posts: 32
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2019, 06:51
Did anyone get their consortium membership notification?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Jun 2019
Posts: 11
Location: United States
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2019, 07:05
brooklynhipster wrote:
Did anyone get their consortium membership notification?


I didn’t get a notification, but I logged onto the application portal and my decision was there.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Oct 2019
Posts: 32
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2019, 07:26
2022hopeful wrote:
brooklynhipster wrote:
Did anyone get their consortium membership notification?


I didn’t get a notification, but I logged onto the application portal and my decision was there.

Posted from my mobile device


The application page or the VIP page?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2019
Posts: 3
Location: United States (CA)
GPA: 2.81
WE: Education (Education)
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2019, 07:33
Got offered membership! Just waiting to hear back from schools.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Jun 2019
Posts: 11
Location: United States
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2019, 07:50
1
brooklynhipster wrote:
2022hopeful wrote:
brooklynhipster wrote:
Did anyone get their consortium membership notification?


I didn’t get a notification, but I logged onto the application portal and my decision was there.

Posted from my mobile device


The application page or the VIP page?



The application page
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Oct 2017
Posts: 15
Location: United States (CA)
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2019, 08:18
1
I got accepted/offered membership into The Consortium! Holy guacmole yes!!

I remembered it said to login to the system today to check the decision and there was the letter. whoopie!

Now I just need my last 2 member schools to come THROUGH next week with an offer of admission... :please
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Apr 2019
Posts: 24
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V51
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2019, 08:56
Does anyone know if you have to attend a member school to attend OP? The offer letter said it was contingent on getting accepted, but nothing about matriculation. Is that meant to cover students who get off a WL at a non Consortium school later than OP?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Oct 2019
Posts: 32
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2019, 09:29
Got membership! I think you do have to attend a member school to go to OP.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Oct 2017
Posts: 15
Location: United States (CA)
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2019, 11:34
int202 wrote:
Does anyone know if you have to attend a member school to attend OP? The offer letter said it was contingent on getting accepted, but nothing about matriculation. Is that meant to cover students who get off a WL at a non Consortium school later than OP?

Posted from my mobile device


I believe you must attend a member school because they have breakout sessions, per the agenda (found it online somewhere), with each student gathering in their member school groups.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Mar 2018
Posts: 28
Location: United States
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2019, 14:09
Once we submit, should we only see two checkmarks on our VIP page? I'm seeing one for my mission recommender and one for my application.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Oct 2017
Posts: 15
Location: United States (CA)
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2019, 11:59
Need some insight/advice.

I got into Consortium (yay!) but when it came to the rankings I foolishly ranked schools closer to home higher (due to the possibility of living at home rent free with family) vs where I would rather have gone. Now that I have been accepted into a lower ranked membership school(s), especially one that I am excited for, I'm concerned there won't be any $$ left by the time the Consortium member schools gather to do their "draft" in March due to them having been ranked lower on my list. They did offer some scholarship money, and while it's nothing to scoff at, it's still on the lower end. :?

My understanding is that for R1 admits, only your #1 ranked school can offer you Consortium money right now. Otherwise, you have to wait until the draft for all your other options. And during the draft, all the schools gather together and go look at everyone who ranked them #2, then #3, and so forth. Which could screw you right out of scholarship money. I don't know why as long as a school is on your list you couldn't just be considered for the scholarship. Frustrating. Also, you have to give your decision of which school to attend I believe by February - before the draft even occurs.

Anyone have experience with a lower ranked school coming through for them on both admission and the consortium scholarship $?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Oct 2019
Posts: 32
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2019, 16:38
UCFKnight08 wrote:
Need some insight/advice.

I got into Consortium (yay!) but when it came to the rankings I foolishly ranked schools closer to home higher (due to the possibility of living at home rent free with family) vs where I would rather have gone. Now that I have been accepted into a lower ranked membership school(s), especially one that I am excited for, I'm concerned there won't be any $$ left by the time the Consortium member schools gather to do their "draft" in March due to them having been ranked lower on my list. They did offer some scholarship money, and while it's nothing to scoff at, it's still on the lower end. :?

My understanding is that for R1 admits, only your #1 ranked school can offer you Consortium money right now. Otherwise, you have to wait until the draft for all your other options. And during the draft, all the schools gather together and go look at everyone who ranked them #2, then #3, and so forth. Which could screw you right out of scholarship money. I don't know why as long as a school is on your list you couldn't just be considered for the scholarship. Frustrating. Also, you have to give your decision of which school to attend I believe by February - before the draft even occurs.

Anyone have experience with a lower ranked school coming through for them on both admission and the consortium scholarship $?


This is a tough situation. My guess is if the schools that you ranked lower are more competitive schools, its probably a stretch to imagine that the lesser competitive schools that you ranked higher would pass on giving you the fellowship but the more competitive schools that you ranked lower would be willing. Think about it, its a full tuition scholarship, thats a lot dough. That said, if the school you ranked #1 gives you fellowhsip in march you could always use it to leverage more money elsewhere? Hope this helps. Rooting for you!
Rice (Jones) School Moderator
User avatar
P
Joined: 18 Jun 2018
Posts: 337
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2019, 13:04
Hello.I hope someone can help me answer this question. Were you able to select The Consortium as part of the 'schools' to receive your score report when you took GMAT? Or you had to send the scores to The Consortium via mba.com?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Aug 2019
Posts: 7
Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.71
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2019, 11:19
bebs wrote:
Hello.I hope someone can help me answer this question. Were you able to select The Consortium as part of the 'schools' to receive your score report when you took GMAT? Or you had to send the scores to The Consortium via mba.com?

Thanks


You can find The Consortium when you take your GMAT.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Mar 2018
Posts: 28
Location: United States
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2020, 06:14
When does the consortium start releasing applications? And should I expect a confirmation email from the MBA program or the consortium after release?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Aug 2019
Posts: 7
Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.71
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2020, 09:53
munislayer wrote:
When does the consortium start releasing applications? And should I expect a confirmation email from the MBA program or the consortium after release?


It seems that they release applications this week (Jan 6-12). From my understanding, the Consortium will let you know once they receive, and it is likely each school you applied to will let you know once they receive the app.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Mar 2018
Posts: 28
Location: United States
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2020, 11:33
Update: Looks like my app has been released to several schools as I've received confirmation from individual programs. No confirmation from the consortium yet though in case anyone is wondering.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Jan 2019
Posts: 1
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2020, 12:24
munislayer wrote:
Update: Looks like my app has been released to several schools as I've received confirmation from individual programs. No confirmation from the consortium yet though in case anyone is wondering.


What programs did you applied? I haven’t received anything but submitted my application yesterday

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!   [#permalink] 06 Jan 2020, 12:24

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14    Next  [ 276 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: erlandgas, energy2pe






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne