GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 01 Jun 2020, 15:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2020, 07:19
ForHire2020 wrote:
Thunderfan00 wrote:
I received an email today from Tuck notifying me they have recieved my application from the Consortium. Johnson is the only school I have yet to hear from.

Their Consortium Superday is February 15th and I hope I get the opportunity to attend.

Any chance you heard from Johnson? I still haven't received a confirmation from them.

Apparently Johnson is just notifying applicants if their application is incomplete or for an interview invite.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2020, 07:23
Has anyone gotten an interview invite from UCLA or USC?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2020, 11:21
Just got invited to Leadership Weekend at UNC, is this essentially an interview invite? I didn't open interview when the window was open.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: McCombs '22 (II)

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2020, 11:35
HealthcareGuru wrote:

From UCLA yes. About 2 weeks ago. USC I did not apply.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2020, 12:39
Chekhov wrote:
HealthcareGuru wrote:

From UCLA yes. About 2 weeks ago. USC I did not apply.

What are your stats? UCLA was my top choice =(
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2020, 19:42
I just received a UNC invite earlier this evening. I guess the Consortium invites are rolling in now.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: McCombs '22 (II)

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2020, 06:55
Starting to lose hope for Berkeley and Yale. I know they sent out invites up to Mid February last year but not feeling confident.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2020, 11:41
Haas has sent out some invites. Yale, I dont think I've seen any Consortium R2 applicants mention they received an invite?
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.44

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2020, 12:39
MBAerH0 wrote:
Haas has sent out some invites. Yale, I dont think I've seen any Consortium R2 applicants mention they received an invite?

I got a Yale invite a couple weeks ago for R2 Consortium, but my understanding is they are rolling invites over the next month or two. Just heard from Berkeley yesterday so they're definitely still sending them out!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2020, 13:27
Congrats! What are the interview date options for Yale?

ccship wrote:
MBAerH0 wrote:

I got a Yale invite a couple weeks ago for R2 Consortium, but my understanding is they are rolling invites over the next month or two. Just heard from Berkeley yesterday so they're definitely still sending them out!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2020, 07:32
Any Marshall invites for Consortium applicants?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2020, 11:35
HealthcareGuru wrote:

UCLA yes, USC no
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3
WE: Engineering (Other)

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2020, 16:56
HealthcareGuru wrote:

I got a USC invite today!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2020, 19:08
Anyone deciding between Yale SOM vs Tuck?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.21

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2020, 09:09
brooklynhipster wrote:

I've visited, interviewed and I am strongly considering both. Assuming I get into both, I'm veering toward Yale mostly because of the location and the international brand recognition, as I would like to work overseas at some point.

I'm also not so sure what life in Hanover may be like for men of color.

Any thoughts?
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q156 V160
GPA: 2.9
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2020, 09:17
YoungRichZulu wrote:
brooklynhipster wrote:

I've visited, interviewed and I am strongly considering both. Assuming I get into both, I'm veering toward Yale mostly because of the location and the international brand recognition, as I would like to work overseas at some point.

Any thoughts?

Had this conversation with some students, both Alum and Current, about Hanover. In short, it's not a cakewalk but it's only 2 years is what I got.
Micro-agressions, not much culture around but nothing overtly unbearable. It will be a culture shock. To that end, trips to NY and trips to Boston help save you when you can't get away from campus. Also the black students who are enrolled are really tight and really supportive
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.21

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2020, 09:54
ForHire2020 wrote:
YoungRichZulu wrote:
brooklynhipster wrote:

Any thoughts?

Had this conversation with some students, both Alum and Current, about Hanover. In short, it's not a cakewalk but it's only 2 years is what I got.
Micro-agressions, not much culture around but nothing overtly unbearable. It will be a culture shock. To that end, trips to NY and trips to Boston help save you when you can't get away from campus. Also the black students who are enrolled are really tight and really supportive

Thank you for the detail!
Although it is frustrating, experiencing adversity like that for two years could prepare one for certain business environments, so there is still value in that regard I guess.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2020, 10:50
Thanks for y'all's insight. I've visited Yale 3x and Tuck 2x. I am between the two as of now. I am interested in recruiting for consulting, in London and NYC. The way I see it, Tuck is probably better career wise (more MBB placement generally, WAY bigger consulting network in London). That said, edge to Yale for geography - more bars/restaurants/easy access to NYC/Boston/Providence. It's also a bigger school with more people to meet and more resources at hand. So that is what I'm torn on.

With respect to being a person of color. Tbh, the way I've viewed it is none of these institutions is particularly diverse...most are <10% URMs. So I haven't really let that factor into my decision making process. Not like I'm going to deny an offer at McKinsey because of how white it is... That's just my view on it. Yeah it sucks, but gotta play with the hand we're dealt.

Lmk if yall agree/disagree on anything, but hope this helps. Gotta put a deposit down soon haha so I need to make a decision.
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q156 V160
GPA: 2.9
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2020, 11:09
brooklynhipster wrote:
Thanks for y'all's insight. I've visited Yale 3x and Tuck 2x. I am between the two as of now. I am interested in recruiting for consulting, in London and NYC. The way I see it, Tuck is probably better career wise (more MBB placement generally, WAY bigger consulting network in London). That said, edge to Yale for geography - more bars/restaurants/easy access to NYC/Boston/Providence. It's also a bigger school with more people to meet and more resources at hand. So that is what I'm torn on.

With respect to being a person of color. Tbh, the way I've viewed it is none of these institutions is particularly diverse...most are <10% URMs. So I haven't really let that factor into my decision making process. Not like I'm going to deny an offer at McKinsey because of how white it is... That's just my view on it. Yeah it sucks, but gotta play with the hand we're dealt.

Lmk if yall agree/disagree on anything, but hope this helps. Gotta put a deposit down soon haha so I need to make a decision.

Nope, you’re exactly right with respect to the diversity, specifically for PoC, at these institutions.
Business doesn’t look like me so I’m not particularly concerned with having to navigate the experience for 2 years... after all, it’s likely similar to the experience I’ve already had in corporate America

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Tuck '22 (I)

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2020, 16:53
Does anyone know the latest possible time would be to expect interviews from UCLA and Yale SOM? Deciding if I should give up hope :(
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!   [#permalink] 04 Feb 2020, 16:53

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  19    Next  [ 373 posts ] 

Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: erlandgas, energy2pe