GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 28 Mar 2020, 08:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Tuck '22 (I)
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2020, 15:43
munislayer wrote:
Anyone still holding out for a Yale interview? It's the only school I haven't received an invite for. It's starting to look like it may not happen for me.

I am, have you heard yet?

I did attend a Yale event a few months ago and they did say their interview invites are on a rolling basis and timing of when an interview invite is sent doesn't mean anything either way. On the app portal I also noticed it says " We hope to extend interview invites within eight weeks after the round's deadline."
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: McCombs '22 (II)

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2020, 00:00
Still waiting on Haas and Yale SOM. I feel like the invite is not coming I wish they would just tell us already. The one good thing is while waiting I was able to get interviews done with other schools.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2020, 08:10
When does the Consortium release fellowship decisions?

For schools with decision release dates after the Consortium drawing, does that mean where you rank the school can influence if you get accepted or not?
Intern
Intern
B
Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2020, 09:33
MBAerH0 wrote:
When does the Consortium release fellowship decisions?

For schools with decision release dates after the Consortium drawing, does that mean where you rank the school can influence if you get accepted or not?

Don't quote me on this but it seems Consortium applicants usually are notified prior to the typical round 2 dates for schools since like you mentioned the schools must notify the Consortium before the draw. For example, Yale's R2 decision is March 24th but apparently for Consortium applicants decisions will be released March 13th.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2020, 09:45
What date is the consortium draft this year?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2020, 05:12
flowerchild1331 wrote:
munislayer wrote:
Anyone still holding out for a Yale interview? It's the only school I haven't received an invite for. It's starting to look like it may not happen for me.

I am, have you heard yet?

I did attend a Yale event a few months ago and they did say their interview invites are on a rolling basis and timing of when an interview invite is sent doesn't mean anything either way. On the app portal I also noticed it says " We hope to extend interview invites within eight weeks after the round's deadline."

Nope still nothing on my end.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.21

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2020, 07:41
Hey guys,

Need some advice again. I applied Round 2 (January 6th) to NYU and have not received any word from regarding an interview, waitlist or rejection.

My NYU portal is showing conflicting information about the status of my application.
The top of my portal reads "Your application is complete and currently under review with the Admissions Committee."
However, the materials checklist below is showing that one of my transcripts has not been received and is missing.

I'm wondering if the supposedly missing transcript is worth giving NYU a call, as this may be why I haven't heard anything in a month.

Any thoughts?
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q156 V160
GPA: 2.9

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2020, 08:15
YoungRichZulu wrote:
Hey guys,

Need some advice again. I applied Round 2 (January 6th) to NYU and have not received any word from regarding an interview, waitlist or rejection.

My NYU portal is showing conflicting information about the status of my application.
The top of my portal reads "Your application is complete and currently under review with the Admissions Committee."
However, the materials checklist below is showing that one of my transcripts has not been received and is missing.

I'm wondering if the supposedly missing transcript is worth giving NYU a call, as this may be why I haven't heard anything in a month.

Any thoughts?

Same conflict with my items. FWIW, when I checked my application proof - all of my docs where scanned in properly.
Their deadline wasn't until 1/15 and the last possible date to hear back is 4/1 so i know they are a little later than most.

I'd check just to have a piece of mind. I was going to call if I hadn't heard anything this week.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.21

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2020, 08:26
ForHire2020 wrote:
YoungRichZulu wrote:
Hey guys,

Any thoughts?

Same conflict with my items. FWIW, when I checked my application proof - all of my docs where scanned in properly.
Their deadline wasn't until 1/15 and the last possible date to hear back is 4/1 so i know they are a little later than most.

I'd check just to have a piece of mind. I was going to call if I hadn't heard anything this week.

Thanks for reaching out. My application proof shows the same, everything is in so I figure I'll wait a week too.
I'm just worried I won't hear back until after I've been given an offer somewhere else.
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q156 V160
GPA: 2.9

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2020, 08:36
YoungRichZulu wrote:
ForHire2020 wrote:
YoungRichZulu wrote:
Hey guys,

Any thoughts?

Thanks for reaching out. My application proof shows the same, everything is in so I figure I'll wait a week too.
I'm just worried I won't hear back until after I've been given an offer somewhere else.

Completely understand. I hope you get the offer before you have to decide without having a real opportunity to choose.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2020, 08:40
ForHire2020 wrote:
YoungRichZulu wrote:
Hey guys,

Any thoughts?

I had the same issue with the missing materials even though they were in the application proof. Most of my friends have not heard back from NYU yet!
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.06

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2020, 09:13
Anyone apply for the extended deadline of 1/31?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2020, 19:20
erlandgas wrote:
bmh08005 wrote:
ForHire2020 wrote:

Logic prevails that a school wouldn't be able to offer you a consortium scholarship if there was no application to admit.
I'd call and ask about what happens if you pull your candidacy from the other choices besides the one you want...
I remember them saying you can't change the order but in this case - there would be no app...

Based on the info sessions I attended, The Consortium says you can't go back on whatever order you decided when you submitted your application. The reason is they have a "draft" day where they go down the line of schools in the order you specified. (This happens only with the schools you're admitted to and only if The Consortium extends you membership.) However, it's possible in your scenario that 3 and 4 will pass on giving you a fellowship and 5 will offer one - but if 3 or 4 offers you one, then you're out of luck for a Consortium fellowship from 5. But I have heard of students leveraging a Consortium fellowship offer from another school to get financial aid from a lower ranked choice - it may be good to have a reason as to why you changed your mind after the fact about the ranking.

You're forgetting about the part that you have to pay deposit and accept admittance. Like McCombs and Stern admitted me. I have to accept them or reject them in one week or already had to. If I deny them both and don't pay the deposit, they won't have the opportunity to grant me consortium scholarship in March. You still have a say beforehand to either accept or deny. I denied UT. I ranked them 3. Come March, they won't have the chance to offer it. This is how you can defer to a lower ranked school.

That's an interesting approach, but it's also risky and assuming you'll get offered a fellowship at the lower ranked school. I guess it just depends on your goals - whether you want to maximize your chances of getting a fellowship regardless of the school vs. improving the chances that a lower ranked school won't be blocked.

Also, someone was saying that you have a different timeline to commit given that you applied through The Consortium, but because my two schools get back to me in the same week, I haven't looked into this. For those this is relevant to, it might be valuable info to follow up with!

Manager
Manager
B
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2020, 05:23
Only a week to decide? Don’t schools have admitted weekends in the coming months? I thought you had 1-2 months to decide?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2020, 07:42
Anyone hear anything from UNC Kenan Flagler for R2? I'm still waiting and a little worried
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2020, 08:01
jerryy wrote:
Anyone hear anything from UNC Kenan Flagler for R2? I'm still waiting and a little worried

If this is in regard to interview invites, then yes. I received an invite at the end of January.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GPA: 3.27

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2020, 11:29
jerryy wrote:

Same boat. Haven't heard on an interview invite and I'm just choosing to move on - another Consortium school gave me an interview and turns out I'm kind of hoping they pull through with an offer!

We're almost there, everyone, just hang on!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2020, 10:32
Officially given up hope for Yale SOM and Berkeley Haas. I feel like I had a strong profile but maybe they accepted a larger than usual grouping in R1.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2020, 07:01
Chekhov wrote:
Officially given up hope for Yale SOM and Berkeley Haas. I feel like I had a strong profile but maybe they accepted a larger than usual grouping in R1.

for SOM, Consortium applicants had to interview by 2/21. Not sure how Haas is doing things.

Does anyone know how hard it is to get into the Consortium (acceptance into the program itself, not a fellowship)?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2020, 08:57
MBAerH0 wrote:
Chekhov wrote:

for SOM, Consortium applicants had to interview by 2/21. Not sure how Haas is doing things.

Does anyone know how hard it is to get into the Consortium (acceptance into the program itself, not a fellowship)?

How do you know Yale Consortium candidates had to interview by 2/21? Does it say in an email?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!   [#permalink] 23 Feb 2020, 08:57

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  19    Next  [ 369 posts ] 

Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: erlandgas, energy2pe