GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 29 Mar 2020, 20:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Feb 2016
Posts: 24
Schools: McCombs '22 (II)
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2020, 20:55
1
flowerchild1331 wrote:
Does anyone know the latest possible time would be to expect interviews from UCLA and Yale SOM? Deciding if I should give up hope :(


I think both schools are still sending out invites. I am in the same position but with Yale SOM and Berkeley. I think if you do not get something by Feb 14 that's when most of their invites were sent out last year.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Jan 2020
Posts: 5
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 06:22
1
flowerchild1331 wrote:
Does anyone know the latest possible time would be to expect interviews from UCLA and Yale SOM? Deciding if I should give up hope :(


I did not apply to Yale SOM, but I would not give up hope for UCLA. Their application instructions says "Interview invitations will be sent out in January, February, and March".
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Nov 2019
Posts: 20
Location: United States
GRE 1: Q156 V160
GPA: 2.9
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 06:28
1
flowerchild1331 wrote:
Does anyone know the latest possible time would be to expect interviews from UCLA and Yale SOM? Deciding if I should give up hope :(


I echo what everyone has said. I expect most invites for this next round (January) to be sent out starting next week. Not to say some won't trickle out after that. I saw someone say they had an interview for Yale a few days before decisions went out and still got an offer....
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Nov 2019
Posts: 1
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 13:07
Since Johnson super day is coming up, assuming that they are done sending out interview invites? Anybody know how close they cut it?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Nov 2019
Posts: 20
Location: United States
GRE 1: Q156 V160
GPA: 2.9
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 13:25
1
jbarr wrote:
Since Johnson super day is coming up, assuming that they are done sending out interview invites? Anybody know how close they cut it?

Posted from my mobile device


Not sure if the bulk of those who applied in January will be able to get to the Saturday but it doesn’t mean you’re out. I was told from a November applicant to expect interview invites to go out about 3-7 days before the Feb 20 deadline for November round applicants to accept. (A quick look on Clear admit confirms this as a decent rule of thumb)

It seems like most schools do a big sweep of higher testing applicants to get them on campus and get them to really be “wow’ed” and choose their school. (I’m sure it’s a yield move) then the general pool of applicants will receive invites at the usual release. (Just my assumption here).

Either way, don’t lose hope just yet for Johnson
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Oct 2015
Posts: 22
Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2020, 18:04
Received yale invite today. Completed my video interview questions at the very last minute and got cut off during my last answer. My last answer made no sense, but I smiled and was upbeat. Good luck all.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Feb 2016
Posts: 24
Schools: McCombs '22 (II)
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2020, 18:50
Do you guys think this upcoming week will be the one where another wave of interviews come out for Berkeley Haas and Yale SOM? Still holding out hope.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 22 Jan 2017
Posts: 26
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3
WE: Engineering (Other)
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2020, 18:56
2
Just got an interview invite to UCLA!! Yaaas so excited!
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Jun 2018
Posts: 54
Location: United States (NY)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.48
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2020, 11:32
Dont suppose anyone knows if your interviewer knows you applied through the consortium? Just checking in case I should have prepared answers about my Consortium scholarship application.
Stanford School Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 18 Jun 2019
Posts: 67
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GRE 1: Q169 V157
GPA: 3.43
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2020, 23:44
Does anyone know if you can reject your higher ranked admitted schools if you changed your mind and want to go to a lower? I was admitted ro 3, 4, 5. I want to go to 5 now. Can I just reject my 3 & 4 with hopes of getting scholarship from 5?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Nov 2019
Posts: 20
Location: United States
GRE 1: Q156 V160
GPA: 2.9
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2020, 05:34
erlandgas wrote:
Does anyone know if you can reject your higher ranked admitted schools if you changed your mind and want to go to a lower? I was admitted ro 3, 4, 5. I want to go to 5 now. Can I just reject my 3 & 4 with hopes of getting scholarship from 5?


Logic prevails that a school wouldn't be able to offer you a consortium scholarship if there was no application to admit.
I'd call and ask about what happens if you pull your candidacy from the other choices besides the one you want...
I remember them saying you can't change the order but in this case - there would be no app...
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Mar 2018
Posts: 36
Location: United States
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2020, 05:34
Anyone still holding out for a Yale interview? It's the only school I haven't received an invite for. It's starting to look like it may not happen for me.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Jul 2018
Posts: 11
Location: United States (OK)
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GPA: 3.27
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2020, 06:09
Any word on more invites from Kenan-Flagler applicants? I haven't heard anything since receiving confirmation emails.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Jan 2019
Posts: 19
Location: United States (TX)
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2020, 06:24
evrymnng wrote:
Any word on more invites from Kenan-Flagler applicants? I haven't heard anything since receiving confirmation emails.

I received an invite from them on Jan 31st. It was weird because the earliest Skype slots were on the 19th (the email said that the interview deadline was the 18th). When I called, they said that they pushed the deadline back to the 21st. Overall, it just gives you a window of 2-3 days to work with. It just seemed strange to me.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Jul 2018
Posts: 11
Location: United States (OK)
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GPA: 3.27
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2020, 05:47
Would it be frowned upon if I called about the status of my application?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Jan 2020
Posts: 5
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2020, 06:05
evrymnng wrote:
Would it be frowned upon if I called about the status of my application?

Posted from my mobile device


Unless you are missing something on your application, I wouldn't do it. A lot of us are in the same boat, just be patient! I really have no idea though, just my thoughts.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Feb 2020
Posts: 5
Location: United States
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2020, 11:56
ForHire2020 wrote:
erlandgas wrote:
Does anyone know if you can reject your higher ranked admitted schools if you changed your mind and want to go to a lower? I was admitted ro 3, 4, 5. I want to go to 5 now. Can I just reject my 3 & 4 with hopes of getting scholarship from 5?


Logic prevails that a school wouldn't be able to offer you a consortium scholarship if there was no application to admit.
I'd call and ask about what happens if you pull your candidacy from the other choices besides the one you want...
I remember them saying you can't change the order but in this case - there would be no app...


Based on the info sessions I attended, The Consortium says you can't go back on whatever order you decided when you submitted your application. The reason is they have a "draft" day where they go down the line of schools in the order you specified. (This happens only with the schools you're admitted to and only if The Consortium extends you membership.) However, it's possible in your scenario that 3 and 4 will pass on giving you a fellowship and 5 will offer one - but if 3 or 4 offers you one, then you're out of luck for a Consortium fellowship from 5. But I have heard of students leveraging a Consortium fellowship offer from another school to get financial aid from a lower ranked choice - it may be good to have a reason as to why you changed your mind after the fact about the ranking.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Sep 2019
Posts: 7
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2020, 13:06
Most of the schools I applied to were Consortium, with the exception of MIT and Columbia. I am assuming some of you consider some M7s as well. If you get into your top consortium school and an M7, how would you balance out your decision?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Oct 2019
Posts: 34
Re: Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2020, 17:35
renz392 wrote:
Most of the schools I applied to were Consortium, with the exception of MIT and Columbia. I am assuming some of you consider some M7s as well. If you get into your top consortium school and an M7, how would you balance out your decision?


No, but this is a smart move and I would have done the same if I could go back. I imagine it will come down to a prestige vs $$$ decision. A good position to be in.

Anyway, I hope you get into all of em and get to pick. Best of luck!
Stanford School Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 18 Jun 2019
Posts: 67
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GRE 1: Q169 V157
GPA: 3.43
Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2020, 00:22
bmh08005 wrote:
ForHire2020 wrote:
erlandgas wrote:
Does anyone know if you can reject your higher ranked admitted schools if you changed your mind and want to go to a lower? I was admitted ro 3, 4, 5. I want to go to 5 now. Can I just reject my 3 & 4 with hopes of getting scholarship from 5?


Logic prevails that a school wouldn't be able to offer you a consortium scholarship if there was no application to admit.
I'd call and ask about what happens if you pull your candidacy from the other choices besides the one you want...
I remember them saying you can't change the order but in this case - there would be no app...


Based on the info sessions I attended, The Consortium says you can't go back on whatever order you decided when you submitted your application. The reason is they have a "draft" day where they go down the line of schools in the order you specified. (This happens only with the schools you're admitted to and only if The Consortium extends you membership.) However, it's possible in your scenario that 3 and 4 will pass on giving you a fellowship and 5 will offer one - but if 3 or 4 offers you one, then you're out of luck for a Consortium fellowship from 5. But I have heard of students leveraging a Consortium fellowship offer from another school to get financial aid from a lower ranked choice - it may be good to have a reason as to why you changed your mind after the fact about the ranking.


You're forgetting about the part that you have to pay deposit and accept admittance. Like McCombs and Stern admitted me. I have to accept them or reject them in one week or already had to. If I deny them both and don't pay the deposit, they won't have the opportunity to grant me consortium scholarship in March. You still have a say beforehand to either accept or deny. I denied UT. I ranked them 3. Come March, they won't have the chance to offer it. This is how you can defer to a lower ranked school.
GMAT Club Bot
Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!   [#permalink] 13 Feb 2020, 00:22

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  19    Next  [ 369 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all 2020 Consortium applicants!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: erlandgas, energy2pe






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne